IWB Shooting at the range.

This is a discussion on IWB Shooting at the range. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was shooting on my lunch break about 10 minutes ago doing some from concealment shooting with my G23, using my MTAC. PS I'm a ...

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

I was shooting on my lunch break about 10 minutes ago doing some from concealment shooting with my G23, using my MTAC. PS I'm a Lefty for the guy who was asking about it in a earlier thread.

When the range officer came up and said he are you wearing a holster. We just had a complaint from a guy said you where drawing and shooting from your back pocket.

Okay I do know the range officer and he also said he didn't think I was that stupid. I said no here my holster, as i lifted up my shirt. It took him a minute to see it and said thats pretty cool. Basicallty he said he thought the guy was a little spastic and stupid.

Speaks wonders about CTACs product.
    Thats never happened with my kramers, Galco's Milt Sparks which are all IWB holsters.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Many places will not let you draw from a back pocket because you wind up with a weapon in your hand that's loaded, not pointed downrange and potentially sweeping your neighbors.

Around here, the local place allows drawing from strong-side only.

yep, i love my ctac
    your lucky to have a range that lets you draw from a holster.

I've stopped going to my local indoor range because they wouldn't let me "dump" my loads when I was reloading.

To clarify, when I unload a revolver I open the action, and point the barrel straight up. My non-holding hand then "slaps" the ejector rod quite hard.

They wanted me to catch my rounds in my hand while keeping the barrel pointed downrange. I basically told them to go pound sand. The Range Officers knew that I knew what I was doing and agreed with me, it was the owner that was the MORON.

Needless to say, I said my goodbyes to the Range Officers and will not be back. It's a good thing I have a few other places to shoot. My Agency opened their range up to Off-Duty employees, so I'm covered. I also have a good spot or two in the boonies that I can set up "Tactical" situations and practice my shoot and move techniques.

Getting back to the Indoor Range I used to use, the owner is from Commiefornia and to my knowledge has never fired a Revolver. It's obvious to me he doesn't know how one works.

Biker

Signed up at the local indoor range, asked about rapid fire and drawing from a holster (IWB). The fellow was direct - as long as I shoot straight (don't hit the wires or really miss the target), and have control while doing a quick draw, there are no restrictions.

wow your lucky. there arnt many indoor places around here.
    the one we usually go to is pretty strict. defiantly no drawing from holster.
    might not be going there soon cuz i dont think they even let u shoot reloads.
    and seeing as im buying reloading equipment.. too bad for them.

i am very lucky to have a range up at school. not only am i a range officer there, but i can go any time that our group is schedules, and during the not normal open the the public hours, we all do lots of defensive practice, we also have a practical pistol (idpa style) club.
    ill miss it next year

In some ways, it's nice to not have many ranges in my area. The one private range that I use, I can do whatever I want since I only shoot there if I'm the only one there, or with my wife. That's indoor, and outdoors, there is always a nearby old gravel pit to use.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

at least you guys have indoor ranges to go to! there's only one in my town, and it's LEO only. the only other range in driving distance is 30-45 minutes away, and it's outdoors. it's gonna be a loooooooong winter....

Links