Why Wait...Go Comp-Tac!

This is a discussion on Why Wait...Go Comp-Tac! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I will admit up front that a great holster is like that favorite pair of jeans. I also need to come clean as I may ...

Thread: Why Wait...Go Comp-Tac!

Why Wait...Go Comp-Tac!

I will admit up front that a great holster is like that favorite pair of jeans. I also need to come clean as I may be developing a holster fetish to go along with my 1911'itis . Anyway, I have a Kahr P9 ( my first Kahr and plastic pistol outside of the 1911's) at Cylinder and Slide that Bill Laughridge and crew are working on for me doing one of their custom packages.

I ordered a couple of holsters - one from Milt Sparks and the other from K&D holsters for this pistol a few weeks ago. As you all know the wait is in the 20+ week range. I was on this site last week and came across several posts re Comp-Tac. I went to their site, liked what I saw and said "what the heck, might as well have a holster for my Kahr when it gets here in several weeks. Also wanted to have a kydex holster so I sat down on Wednesday the 14th OF NOVEMBER and ordered the Minotaur MTAC holster.

Its Saturday the 17th OF NOVEMBER and I just went out to the mail box and guess what had arrived. Unbelievable.... I have been wearing it the past few hours ( minus the Kahr ) and its unbelievably comfortable. Great quality and fit. I know I will love my K&D and Sparks but with 5 month waits, this fits the bill. Comp-Tac has a great business going, they made it easy to order via the Net and they obviously understand customer service. They even included 2 rolls of candy Smarties in my order!

I will do another post when my Kahr gets back and let you all know about the pistol and holster part 2.

2. Remove Ads

Yes the MTac is a great holster and Comp Tac's service and quick delivery is outstanding. I had been waiting for months and months on another holster from a top maker. I ordered a M Tac to hold me over, when I learned the wait would be even longer than anticipated on my custom leather. The M Tac arrived in a just a few days and it was really comfortable, so I simply canceled my order on the custom leather, making my M Tac my every day holster. I love it. I've since bought one for my step son to carry his off duty gun, he loves his too.

JD
    Administrator
    Yep, Comp-Tac is pretty darn quick and are more than happy to take on a little custom work, I've had two holsters made up for the wife, and the cost and turnaround time were outstanding, as was the workmanship!

Comp-Tac gets it to you in a matter of days. I've been able to get reasonably good holsters for my carry guns in under a month from Galco and Fist. I'm not prepared to wait 6 months + for any holster.

I had mine in under a week - nice holster, reasonable price. I do prefer leather generally, but sometimes Kydex is just the thing.

Austin

yep, i love my ctac

+1

My CTAC is the Sugar Honey Ice-Tea. I'm still considering buying one for my full-size pistols.

Right now I only carry one of my pistols because it's the only one that I have riding in a CTAC. It's by far the most comfortable and concealable holster that I own!

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    My MTAC is probably my most used holster.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

differences between CTAC and MTAC

I'd be interested in comparrisons between the CTAC and MTAC. It looks like the CTAC might be more flexible than the MTAC. That is, it will curve around the torso more easily. Thoughts?

Cloudpeak

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudpeak View Post
    I'd be interested in comparrisons between the CTAC and MTAC. It looks like the CTAC might be more flexible than the MTAC. That is, it will curve around the torso more easily. Thoughts?

Cloudpeak
    I owned the CTAC & the MTAC - MTAC more comfortable than the CTAC. For me I had to wear an under shirt with the CTAC to keep the Kydex away from my skin. But the MTAC is still entirely too stiff due to the interchangible shells. I would rather Comp-Tac remove this option, thin down the leather some - then it would be a great holster. Comp-Tac's customer service is super! Their turn around time is great. With all that said, if you are considering a MTAC for anything besides having the option to change out shells for different guns - go with the Crossbreed Supertuck. You will be more pleased with the feel & comfort. jmo

eww
    I really like mine. Great service and excellent product. Seems I'm the only one that uses the Gurkha.

Links