Faster draw

This is a discussion on Faster draw within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; what can i put inside my leather holster to make the gun come out easier & faster i know they make something,but i cant remember ...

Thread: Faster draw

Faster draw

what can i put inside my leather holster to make the gun come out easier & faster i know they make something,but i cant remember what its called & i couldn't find it in my search. thanks
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

2. Remove Ads

answer to your question

If you haven't figured out by now, everyone has an opinion and this kind of thread often disintegrates into a "don't do this, don't do that" kind of nightmare, so I won't add fuel to the fire.

I think the product you are talking about is called lightning leather. Here's a link.
    http://www.mitchrosen.com/product_li...ellaneous.html

Low tech approach

Sometimes when I buy a new leather holster the gun fits very tightly and the draw is difficult. I have cured this by wrapping the gun in some wax paper and leaving it to sit in the holster for a few hours. When you remove the gun and the wax paper, the gun will slide in and out of the holster much easier. I think the leather stretches from the gun, and the wax will permeate the inside of the leather, providing a lubricating action.

Quote Originally Posted by John OK View Post
    If you haven't figured out by now, everyone has an opinion and this kind of thread often disintegrates into a "don't do this, don't do that" kind of nightmare, so I won't add fuel to the fire.

I think the product you are talking about is called lightning leather. Here's a link.
    http://www.mitchrosen.com/product_li...ellaneous.html
    right, thats one of the products i could not remember, leather lightning. i think galco makes something along those lines also. never heard about the wax paper deal,interesting though.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

1943 - 2009
    The waxed paper treatment is the standard recommendation by virtually all of the custom holster makers.

It's good advice.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Or simple plastic wrap if you don't like the wax. Virtually all also don't recommend using any sort of liquid, softening agent, etc.

Be careful

You don't want the gun to come out too easy, you may lose it if you have to run or move real quick. This will not apply if you have a holster with a snap!

VIP Member
    Yea ...the wax paper works ,won't damage your rig either..

alright, thanks everybody looks like i will try the wax paper ...thanks

― Thomas Paine

I'd use it and do about a thousand draws before trying anything.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Ditto. I am currently wearing out the finish on my 1911, drawing and reholstering, with a new G&G IWB. It has always worked for me that just "wearing in" the interior of the holster slicks it up sufficiently.
    NRA, USPSA SS & Lim-10
    Blessed are they who, faced with danger, think only of the front sight. J. Cooper

Every holster I've had was a little snug at first...I have found several hundred draws does wonders...if still too tight...insert several strips of t-shirt type material with the gun and let it sit over night...should make for a perfect draw...no liquid, no sprays, no wax paper...no problem.

OMO

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    I'd use it and do about a thousand draws before trying anything.
    1000? thats kid stuff. 1 millllllllion draws!
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

Galco sells Draw-EZ that I use and have had good luck with it. put some on you finger rub it in on the inside and let it dry overnight.

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterP3.asp...&CatalogID=347

1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

tight holster

I just found and joined this forum and have to relate that right away I learned something new (to me).
    I have had a Desantis IWB holster for my Sig 220 for a few yrs. and haven't been able to use it. Reason was the holstrer was way too tight. Just could not get the gun out if ever needed. Sent it back to Desantis for advise, and they said they stretched it, but it still didn't work. I then found out about using plastic or wax paper over gun etc. aand it really worked. Such a simple remedy. Thanks to those that suggested it.

Joe70

Links