My Mouse Has a New House

This is a discussion on My Mouse Has a New House within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been carrying my P3-AT around in one of those cheapie foam Uncle Mike's pocket holsters for far too long, and I've finally remedied that ...

Thread: My Mouse Has a New House

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar

Cool My Mouse Has a New House

I've been carrying my P3-AT around in one of those cheapie foam Uncle Mike's pocket holsters for far too long, and I've finally remedied that with a new K-RAT from Ron Graham. I ordered it through Pale Horse Holsters last month, but unfortunately, due to confusion on my part, I was mistaken as to when the holster was going to be shipping. When I contacted the vendor, I was blown away by the customer service. Not only did the gentleman expedite the production of my holster, but he also sent a pocket mag pouch with his compliments! I would not hesitate to order from this maker and vendor again, but like all artisans and custom makers, caveat emptor - there is no such thing as instant gratification.

With that said, here are some quick pics. The holster itself is rough out, fairly stiff, and almost 100% symmetrical. It appears to be molded with the more severe lines facing toward the body when carried strong side (I was asked if left or right handed, and what side would be primary). However, this is minimal, and it may just be my eyes playing tricks on me after working 12 hours and reading forums another 3.

2. Remove Ads

Member Array airbornerangerboogie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chooie View Post
    I've been carrying my P3-AT around in one of those cheapie foam Uncle Mike's pocket holsters for far too long, and I've finally remedied that with a new K-RAT from Ron Graham. I ordered it through Pale Horse Holsters last month, but unfortunately, due to confusion on my part, I was mistaken as to when the holster was going to be shipping. When I contacted the vendor, I was blown away by the customer service. Not only did the gentleman expedite the production of my holster, but he also sent a pocket mag pouch with his compliments! I would not hesitate to order from this maker and vendor again, but like all artisans and custom makers, caveat emptor - there is no such thing as instant gratification.

With that said, here are some quick pics. The holster itself is rough out, fairly stiff, and almost 100% symmetrical. It appears to be molded with the more severe lines facing toward the body when carried strong side (I was asked if left or right handed, and what side would be primary). However, this is minimal, and it may just be my eyes playing tricks on me after working 12 hours and reading forums another 3.
    Now ain't that bout' the cutest little thang I ever saw...
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” James Dean
    Phil (NRA Member and Vietnam Vet)
    ------------- My CCW ----------------
    No Guns Here Boss
    I gave them to the naked Pigmy's in New Guinea

Wow, them are some meat hooks you got there...

Great looking holster too.

VIP Member
    WHEW! I was a little nervous about clicking on this thread!

Nice stuff!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    WHEW! I was a little nervous about clicking on this thread!
    Nice stuff!

Yes, the K Rat is great holster, I have one for each of my Keltecs. Like that mag holder, I'll I just went an placed my order for one. The K Rat will start to mold somewhat to your body over time, favoring whichever side you carry it.on. My .380 goes in my right, my .32 goes in my left as back up

Nice photos.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stmcelroy View Post
    Wow, them are some meat hooks you got there...

Great looking holster too.
    LOL, it's forced perspective... the gun is just tiny!

Links