S&W Model 59...paddle holster recommendations?

This is a discussion on S&W Model 59...paddle holster recommendations? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My friend has a Smith and Wesson 59, an old 9mm auto. He has no holster for it, and I offered to do a bit ...

Thread: S&W Model 59...paddle holster recommendations?

My friend has a Smith and Wesson 59, an old 9mm auto. He has no holster for it, and I offered to do a bit of research for him. I've found a few, and I just wanted to check and see if anyone has a recommendation. He said he preferred a paddle-style holster. He's on a budget, so the more affordable, the better!

Thanks for any assistance!
    "For evil to flourish all that is required is for good men to spout clichés." - Hugh Laurie

VIP Member
    The MSP paddle from Kramer is very nice, ships quickly, and isn't OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive. Not sure if they make them for that model, however.

Safariland makes a paddle (the model 5181) for the 59 (among many other makes).
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Sorry I can't help you. I recently acquired a Mod 59 that was a duty weapon at a local LE Agency. While I don't envision carrying it, I would like to have that option.

Please let me know what holster your friend goes with and how he likes it. If he likes it I may just get one myself.
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

HKR
    Tell him to stay away from the Fobus paddle holster. I got a 5903 for $150 that was a Atlanta PD weapon and just wanted something to carry it in when I took it to the range or to the woods. The holster was a bad fit and didn't handle the weight of the weapon well at all.

Take a look at Comp Tac's offerings. They are fast to deliver at a fair price and high in quality. FOBUS would be a waste of money, save it and put it toward a decent holster.

If you want Cheap and NOW, look at the uncle mikes Kydex paddle. They are available at MC sports and fit well. I have one that I shot IPDA with a 5906 for a couple of years, not sure I would rely on it for daily carry, but since it has held up to the beating of the IPDA, I think it would work... Cheaply..
    If your not packin' your slackin'

Its better to have and not need than to need and not have, keep it safe but keep it loaded!

USN : Desert Storm

Sponsored Links