Brommeland holsters

Brommeland holsters

This is a discussion on Brommeland holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone heard any news about Gary's holsters? Ihope to have a new addition to the 1911 family and the best home for it will ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brommeland holsters

Brommeland holsters

Has anyone heard any news about Gary's holsters? Ihope to have a new addition to the 1911 family and the best home for it will be a Max Con V holster.

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    I think he is still holding off on new orders but is trying to fullfill the ones he has orderd now.

He made a post here a month ago to inform us he was still working to catch up on previous orders, but not yet caught up:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...52&postcount=3

Previous to that, he stated that he will no longer take custom orders when he is caught up with his backlog, but will supply to dealer(s) who will handle the retail aspect of the business.

Give Coal Creek Armory a call. They stock Max-Con's. I was able to pick one a few weeks ago for my 3" 1911.

http://www.coalcreekarmory.com/

When I asked him about a holster recently, he said he won't be taking orders "ever again." Everything will be sold through Coal Creek Armory. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    When I asked him about a holster recently, he said he won't be taking orders "ever again." Everything will be sold through Coal Creek Armory. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    Hmmm, that's interesting, but it may not be bad news, if Coal Creek Armory keeps a stock of Brommeland holsters then the waiting time will be minimal. It all depends on how it's managed I suppose.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

If that's true it may be a wise move. He then deals with one purchaser. That would free up time to produce instead of telephone and email time.

He might even get to spend time with his family!

Dave

Talked with Remy via e-mail a few weeks back and they were still cranking out holsters to catch up with orders. I think that after Gary gets his head above water with his back log he will be able to keep a pretty good supply of leather over at Coal Creek.

For any that are in question, Gary makes a great product. I could not be happier with mine and it was well worth the wait.
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    Hmmm, that's interesting, but it may not be bad news, if Coal Creek Armory keeps a stock of Brommeland holsters then the waiting time will be minimal. It all depends on how it's managed I suppose.

Couldn't be any worse than it has been!

I ordered my Max-Con V from Coal Creek Armory on the saturday of labor day weekend. It arrived 5 days later!

Pretty good for ordering on a holiday weekend as far as I'm concerned!

If anything, distributing through Coal Creek exclusively does nothing except speed up your deliveries. You're still getting Gary's custom made holsters, but without the 6 month - 1 year wait.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I called Coal Creek about a holster back in September. They guy I spoke with was very rude and seemed to not want to help. They did not have the holster and they had no idea when or if they would ever get one. I would really like to get one of Gary's holsters but I won't buy anything from Coal Creek.

Quote Originally Posted by fairway1 View Post
    I called Coal Creek about a holster back in September. They guy I spoke with was very rude and seemed to not want to help. They did not have the holster and they had no idea when or if they would ever get one. I would really like to get one of Gary's holsters but I won't buy anything from Coal Creek.
    Not to sound harsh, but you seem like an extremely sensitive person. A rude person on the phone and it's no Brommeland holster for you, eh? Since Coal Creek is now the exclusive and only supplier of Gary's holsters, I would give them a second chance if you really want a great holster.

I guess, It was the quality of the holster I really wanted instead of being sweet talked when I ordered mine.

When I ordered mine, I was actually wanting a Brommeland Def-Con OWB holster because I was worried about the very short 3 inch barrel of the XDsc would be top heavy and keep rolling over the top of my belt causing it to stick out wearing an IWB holster.

They were out of stock of the Def-Con for my XD model but expecting more in a "couple of weeks." They did have a Max-Con V IWB for the XDsc in stock and were very helpful to me. He confirmed that the holster has the extended "wing" at the bottom of the holster which gives support from your thigh, preventing the gun from trying to roll over the top of my belt, so I gave it a shot and ordered the Max-Con IWB.

The holster arrived 5 days from date of order, which was phoned in over a holiday weekend.

I couldn't be happier with my purchase, but I knew I was getting a Brommeland and that's all that mattered. The person I talked to was very helpful, but if he had been rude, I don't think I would have let that deter me from getting one of the best holsters on the market.

Everyone has a bad day every now and again, or something on their mind thats troubling them. It's human nature! Yeah it might not be the best presentation for customer service, but you weren't there to know what was going on.

If you really want a Brommeland, I would consider giving them another try and see what happens.

Why deprive yourself of the best holster out there because someone was rude to you or because they were out of stock for a week or two?

JMHO, no offense intended!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

No offense taken, I wasn't looking to be sweet talked, just maybe treated like I wasn't bothering him. Maybe it would of been better if he didn't answer my call. I would like to get one though, I might have to make my wife call and order it though.

Hey fairway, That'll work, bro!

btw... what gun are you needing the holster for?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Hey fairway, That'll work, bro!

btw... what gun are you needing the holster for?
    Originally for a Glock 30 but now I would like to get one for my P2000sk.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links