Help with Milt Sparks VMII!

This is a discussion on Help with Milt Sparks VMII! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wear mine a little further back too because with a full sized weapon the grip prints if I don't. If I use my P-220 ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Milt Sparks VMII!

VIP Member
    I wear mine a little further back too because with a full sized weapon the grip prints if I don't. If I use my P-220 compact, I can wear it at 3:30 no problem. It hides well under as little as a loose t-shirt.

Here's a picture of the VM-II with a Glock 23 in the position I wear it. (shirt tucked in for pic):

As with any IWB, you need to learn to squat down to pick stuff up, not bend over!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I wear mine a little further back too because with a full sized weapon the grip prints if I don't. If I use my P-220 compact, I can wear it at 3:30 no problem. It hides well under as little as a loose t-shirt.

Here's a picture of the VM-II with a Glock 23 in the position I wear it. (shirt tucked in for pic):

As with any IWB, you need to learn to squat down to pick stuff up, not bend over!
    Is the mag end of the grip tucked tight into your body on that pic? When i wear mine right there is sticks out about 2 inchs...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus99 View Post
    Is the mag end of the grip tucked tight into your body on that pic? When i wear mine right there is sticks out about 2 inchs...
    Maybe you need to get fat like me!

Yeah, in the skin, that magazine is against my love handle.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus99 View Post
    Sticks out like a sore thumb right there. Not the gun butt but the rear sight end of the slide sticks out horribly.
    Ah, the curse of the Glock, the bulbous rear portion of the slide protruding like a proboscis. This is one major reason why I got away from the Glock for CCW, and then totally. When I carried a G22 as a duty pistol from 2002 to 2004, I at first got a G27 to carry off-duty, but quickly found that rear slide protrusion made the G27 harder to conceal than a full-sized 1911. (I had carried 1911 pistols 24/7, on duty and off, from 1997 to 2002.) So, the G27 went away, and I went back to spurless-hammer revolvers for CCW. Nowadays, I use SIGs and sixguns. I know this does not solve the OP's immediate problem, but I have noticed pre-owned Sparks VM2 rigs bring quite a bit on a certain internet auction site.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    OK, I will just come out and say it. Ditch the VM2 while it is in as-new condition. Good holster, good pistol, bad combo for your particular physique.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexster View Post
    OK, I will just come out and say it. Ditch the VM2 while it is in as-new condition. Good holster, good pistol, bad combo for your particular physique.
    +1

Get out of it while you can still recover max value. Holsters are like shoes. The one that may fit me perfectly may be a torture rack on you.

I have a bud that wears a VMII and has for many many months. He swears by the holster - but still complains on the comfort level. I had the same issues with a Highnoon holster. It was one of the finest crafted holsters I have ever seen - but was the most uncomfortable also. I sold it 3 weeks later and purchased a Comp-Tac CTAC & MTAC and also Crossbreed Supertuck. The Crossbreed won out over all of them for comfort. I will give you that the Highnoon & VMII (and others) will look tons better. But with an IWB holster, do you want a fashion show or comfort? Since my IWB is never seen, I chose comfort. I say what others are saying - dump the holster while it is new and get another. Someone will snatch this up for a quick present. Good luck, but most of us has went through several holsters - hunting for the correct one. If it were me, I would select either a Crossbreed Supertuck or Comp-Tac MTAC. Mark at Crossbreed will give you a two week trial period - if you don't like it - send it back. jmo

Quote Originally Posted by cheapthrills View Post
    want to sell it?
    Sure. It is not working out for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    If I use my P-220 compact, I can wear it at 3:30 no problem. It hides well under as little as a loose t-shirt.
    Hey Thumper,
    for your P220 compact do you have a VMII specifically for this model Sig, or perhaps a more common model P- series?

I'm having a hard time finding a holster for my Compact P220 SAS.

TIA
    Go Glock - until you can afford H&K

Quote Originally Posted by Rexster View Post

I sold mine for a G27, just didn't work for me.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links