Fist #14 IWB-OWB for revolver

This is a discussion on Fist #14 IWB-OWB for revolver within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; [IMG] [/IMG] [IMG] [/IMG] I've been wanting to get a holster for my S&W 64-3 38 special. I like the idea of carrying it because ...

VIP Member

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I've been wanting to get a holster for my S&W 64-3 38 special. I like the idea of carrying it because I can hit better with it than any other gun I have. I bought it new in 1980 ( I believe) and it was the only handgun I owned for years. I carry low recoil hydroshocks in it.
    I had originally planned on going with the Hoffmans holster, but decided to go with leather with the option of IWB-OWB from Fist.
    It took 5 weeks and 2 days to get the holster. The others Ive ordered from Fist took 7 weeks almost to the day. This one came in with such a strong odor ( like polish), I'm going to have to give it a few days to dry or people will be looking at me funny.
    My first impression was "WOW this thing is huge !! The first photo shows it compared to my Fist holster for my XD40SC. What a difference in size.
    I've wore it around the house to see how it feels and there really is a big difference in carrying this big heavy pistol compared to carrying my XD or my 642. OWB isn't really too bad but I dont know how its going to feel carrying all day. IWB, I can really feel it's there. Maybe with a heavier shirt tucked in it would'nt be so bad. More experimentation is needed for sure.
    The holster carries it well , it's just the size of the gun and the weight. It actually doesn't print anymore than my XD does. I was surprised. The holster holds it really close to the body. But I can't see carrying this in the summer. We'll see.
    Of course I'm very happy with the holster from Fist. I've loved every holster I've ordered from them.

Great pics and great review!! FIST makes fantastic leather and Kydex and is IMHO the best bang for the buck going right now for hand boned leather. I am going to have to place another order after seeing your pics!

Very nice! I've got a couple of holsters on order from Fist for my S&W 29, mainly because they are the only place I've found so far that can make N-frame holsters in unusual lengths. I'm glad to see that you're happy with yours; it makes me feel that I made the right choice.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by robere View Post
    IWB, I can really feel it's there. Maybe with a heavier shirt tucked in it would'nt be so bad. More experimentation is needed for sure.
    For IWB, try 4 o'clock.
    I went to buy some camouflage pants, but I couldn't find any.

Yup...FIST makes some good holsters. I love my #9 Basic:

They do seem huge...but then, they distribute the weight very well...my 175 lb frame has no problem with the GP100. Very comfortable and the weapon presents quick and smooth.

I love my Fist holsters, all 2 dozen of them...I have never been disappointed...some of my Fist holsters, after years of use, are still great holsters. I have not regretted one purchase from Fist.

Good luck with your new leather!

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
    For IWB, try 4 o'clock.
    After a little experimenting today with IWB, it is pretty comfortable at 4:00. It's just bigger and I can "feel it's there" more.
    I wore it OWB today also and it's very comfortable. I'm amazed at how well this weight is distributed. The draw is easier than any other gun and holster I have. The only thing with OWB is that it takes a longer shirt to cover it. I don't see this as summer carry.

I use a Fist #14 to carry my GP100. It's a great holster. Congratulations on making a good choice for your revolver.

I'll apparently have to make and pay for a special order #14 to get the hammer covered on my Wiley Clapp GP100.

Do I get extra points for resurrecting a dead thread?
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Links