How To Carry In My Car

This is a discussion on How To Carry In My Car within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There are times when I do not want to carry my Glock 32 in my IWB while driving. Therefore, I am looking for a way ...

Thread: How To Carry In My Car

How To Carry In My Car

There are times when I do not want to carry my Glock 32 in my IWB while driving. Therefore, I am looking for a way to holster my weapon, but in such a way that it will not go flying all over the car if I had to slam on my brakes or if I had a wreck.

I also have my mother-in-law in the car with me from time to time, and need to keep it holstered in such a way that she is not tempted to fool around with it when I am not looking. (Yes, she is up in age and might go there and not even know what she is doing.)

My auto has bucket seats with a console in the middle. It also has a deep compartment between the two seats that has a top on it that latches. Is this a possiblilty?

Thanks for any help you can share with me that you have found that works.

2. Remove Ads

I sometimes just place the firearm (in a second holster) under my thigh while driving...depending upon the area and a need for the quickest access. (The original holster stays IWB.)

I still have no problem drawing from my strong side while in the car.
    If I thought a passenger MIGHT touch the weapon, it wouldn't leave my IWB holster.

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

NDS
    When I need to get it out of my waistband for comfort, I just place it in the pocket inside the driver's door. That way, nobody can reach it but me, and I am conveniently left handed.

VIP Member
    Hummm... maybe a crossdraw type holster with a belt clip that you could leave in the vehicle then just clip it on and move your weapon?
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Andrews Leather Carjacker Crossdraw.

http://www.andrewsleather.com/carjackerx.htm

Got one and use it when driving more than short distances. I put mine on my seatbelt then transfer weapon from IWB to it after I buckle up and back again at the other end. You can pull your shirt over it while driving for concealment. Sam is also a class act to deal with.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    What's wrong with the glove compartment?

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    One of these could be installed in your car. Or all over your house.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

Links