AKJ Concealco IWB

This is a discussion on AKJ Concealco IWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone have any experience with AJ? I am interested in his IWB holster for a 649 J frame. Here's the link: http://www.concealco.com/ The model ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AKJ Concealco IWB

AKJ Concealco IWB

Does anyone have any experience with AJ? I am interested in his IWB holster for a 649 J frame. Here's the link: http://www.concealco.com/ The model I am looking at is: http://www.concealco.com/iwb_revolver.html

It seems to be a the rig I am looking for and his price seems reasonable. I am trying to decide between this and the Andrews McDaniel II. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance-Scott.
    Glock 26, Walther P5-C, PPS 9mm, PPK and PPK/S .380, Sig 239 .40, 220 .45, Colt Night Defender, Combat Commander, Pony Pocketlite, S&W model 649, and model 19 .357

2. Remove Ads

I've mulled over an Alessi APX, a Concealco and a FIST #19 as an IWB for a J frame... I am getting an Andrews MacDaniel II once some extra cash frees up. If you're stuck on the Concealco type of holster, consider the FIST for it's adjustability.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Yes, they are great to deal with. On time delivery in a reasonable time for a great holster. I have one for my SP 101, love it. You can adjust the cant and I like the way the front loop attaches, as it really pulls in the holster to the body. Holster is high quality.

I've got a McDanielII for my Kahr. It is a good holster, but with the single loop at the rear, it does not pull in as tightly as the Concealco does.

I have one for my Glock 21, and love it. Started using it about the middle of Dec. last year. Great price, and outstanding quality. Customer service is great as well.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

Thanks for the response guys. This is what I wanted to hear. How long did your holsters take to ship?-Scott.
    Glock 26, Walther P5-C, PPS 9mm, PPK and PPK/S .380, Sig 239 .40, 220 .45, Colt Night Defender, Combat Commander, Pony Pocketlite, S&W model 649, and model 19 .357

Quote Originally Posted by rogersdude View Post
    Thanks for the response guys. This is what I wanted to hear. How long did your holsters take to ship?-Scott.
    I also have one for my SP101. He has two lines of holsters. One is sort of an express line of holsters that have no "extras" like a sweat shield, etc. Those holsters get shipped faster. The ones with added features take weeks, maybe months, longer. At the time I got mine, I ordered the no frills holster and got it in less than a month. It's a great holster! That was well over a year ago however. He's probably even busier now. Andrew is great to deal with, but being a busy guy, can't always respond to e-mails. Give him a call (later in the day seems to be better) and talk directly with questions/concerns. He's a good guy.

Dan nailed it as to delivery times.

I have several Concealco, including the following J Frame IWB model. In the pic it holds a 640, since replaced by a 340PD. A great holster all around.

For information on getting your CCW License in California please visit CalCCW.

Very nice Condition Plaid! I just placed my order for a standard model for my S&W 649. Andrew originally offered this type in "Concealco Brown" only, but is now offering black as a standard option so I ordered it in black. I'll let you know when it comes in. Thanks to all for the feedback.-Scott.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I have the McDaniels II for my S&W 642 and it's well made, however, I would seriously consider this one you're looking at. The McDaniels is very thick at the opening due to the reinforcement at the mouth as opposed to the concealaco the way they've done it, it looks like it would be quite a bit thinner. Also with the wide thick reinforcement band on the McDaniels, you either have to wear it straight up and down or if you adjust it to have some cant, then that thick band is between you and the belt. The McDaniels just wants to ride straight up and down. I like the way the concealaco can be adjusted for cant.

Funny, but I couldn't find a price on the website for it?

I'd be inclined to check this one out myself even though the McDaniel is a good quality holster and a good price from a great guy.

God Bless
    Gideon

The prices are at the bottom of this page:

http://www.concealco.com/miva/mercha...ry_Code=051IWB

I got an extra belt loop set too to fit another belt I have.-Scott.

I have a AKJ Concealco for a P2000SK. It took a really long time to make. Ordered in early April '07, got it in August '07. Maker had some issues with new baby etc etc. He seems to be updating status' on his website regularly now. See http://www.concealco.com/summer_delays.html

At first it took some warming up to. After a few days wearing I find myself going to the Concealco A LOT.

That front loop works out wonderfully for 3:30 carry position.

How about some pics?

It's thin!

Smooooth edges!

Very happy with the price to quality ratio. Half the price of other custom makers - not as finely boned and finished as my Sparks, Del Fatti and Rosen's but very, very functional.
    Go Glock - until you can afford H&K

Nice pics.

Wondering how well this holster would work (given front belt loop design) for someone who wears at 4 to 5:00?

5:00 i would say no. I wear mine betwixt 3:30 & 4:00 and it works just fine.

From AKJ's website http://www.concealco.com/new_fba_cco...use_cco_st.jpg this looks to be 4:00
    Go Glock - until you can afford H&K

They look nice, but I have never tried one.

I have the McDaniel II for my 3" Kimber, and it is by far the most comfortable IWB I have ever tried. Much better than any of the 3 Galco's I tried first. It looks like Gideon has some problems with the adjustable can't on his. I have mine tilted a little, and have never had any problems with the way the band lines up. I usually forget it's there after a while anyway.

If Galco could understand the concept of the sweat/safety shield, then they would probably be more comfortable.

If I didn't have a Milt Sparks Axiom on order, I would get Andrew's OWB holster. Very impressive quality, especially for the money.

Still can't believe i'm paying $150 for a holster. I am glad I have 6 months to explain it to the wife.
    "Nice grips, weird choice of etching" Rocky

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links