Anyone carry their J-frame snub IWB ??

This is a discussion on Anyone carry their J-frame snub IWB ?? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I never could get comfortable with the Barami, but I do find the Galco IWB holster to work well. whw...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone carry their J-frame snub IWB ??

whw
    I never could get comfortable with the Barami, but I do find the Galco IWB holster to work well.

whw

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array mavrik46's Avatar
    I don't have a J-frame Smith, but I do carry an SP101 in an IWB made by J. W. O'Rourke at www.gun-holsters.com. He makes one with the metal clip or with a leather snap tab.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    I just started carrying my 360 Sc IWB now that its getting cold. Uncle Mikes - its an inexpensive way to try out IWB.
    I carried my 642 IWB in an Uncle Mikes ( Uncle YIKES !! ) until my holster came in from Tucker ( a looong time ). It was the most uncomfortable way I've carried. Don't judge carrying IWB by using an Uncle Mikes anything. The gun was poking in my side and would shift constantly. I have a Tucker cover up for J-frame. I can't imagine an IWB holster being anymore comfortable. There is a long wait. You may try Fist. Ive got 4 of their holsters and love em all.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MN Lefty View Post
    I carry a 642 or 940 in a Tucker cover-up smooth leather out w/c-clip. It is easy on and off. Also pocket carry both. Iwb carry 95% of time. Also have Galco shoulder holster and smart carry. I have more holsters and options for my j-frames than for my other autos and revolvers.

MN Lefty
    I'm with ya there. I have many carry options for my j-frame. It just conceals better for those "hard to carry" times.

I had been carrying in a pocket holster for some months but was always somewhat dissatisfied. Not that the pocket didn't work well, it was always a little too "loose" for me.

I ordered a tuckable from Sideguard Holsters for my 442 and absolutely love it. Carrying at about 4:00, the J seems to melt into my waist. Preferred method now.

I carry my 642 in a FIST k-8 tuckable kydex holster appendix carry. Occasionally I'll use my smartcarry. If just stepping outside for a moment or answering the door, I'll slip it in my back pocket. I'm not a big fan of pocket carry. Even my 642 feels like a big rock in my front pocket.
    livin in the woods...feelin mighty good

442 in a Comp Tac 2 o'clock works well for me. Its designed for appendix IWB carry. I got the J-clip on mine so its easy on and off.

Austin

DeSantis Cozy Partner works for me when I carry a Jframe IWB.

Smile Thanks

Thanks to everyone for the info. Have seen many good suggestions.

Like so many things, I could make a decision based only on the manufacturer's info and my intuition, but that decision is a lot more successful when bolstered by info from satisfied actual users of a product or service.

I've contacted Caldwell Gunleather to make an IWB for the J-frame, I have several of his products and am very satisfied with them.

The C-Tac line looks good too, I ordered an M-Tac for a Glock since it is supposed to be comfortable, and also because I can buy the Kydex half holsters to fit other guns as well.

I'll let y'all know how things turn out.

Jim
    "There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper use of high explosives"
    G. Alan Foster

My 442 with the Barami hipgrip is pretty much my 24/7 ccw now. I do have to wear a belt to hook it over, but it stays put and is MUCH more comfortable than any other gun/method I've tried. I will say though that my galco gunbelt is too thick to work with the Barami. Occasionally, I'll pocket carry with it in a Mika's pocket holster which is wonderful. I've tried a LOT of holsters and this one works well for me. It does NOT come out when drawing the gun and it doesn't slide around in my pocket.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links