Anyone carry their J-frame snub IWB ??

This is a discussion on Anyone carry their J-frame snub IWB ?? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just wondering, I did a search, but didn't turn up much specific info about carrying snubs IWB. My main CCW is a Glock 36 which ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone carry their J-frame snub IWB ??

Smile Anyone carry their J-frame snub IWB ??

Just wondering,

I did a search, but didn't turn up much specific info about carrying snubs IWB.

My main CCW is a Glock 36 which I carry IWB. However since having a snub nosed revolver again(Been without one since the late 60's when my Colt Cobra was stolen) I find I carry it more and more.

I have a pocket holser and a belt holster for my J-frame. Both are of good quality and work fine for most situations. I mostly pocket carry, but use the OWB holster ocassionally with a sweater or jacket.

Sometimes both pocket carry and the OWB leave something to be desired, which is why I thought of asking the board members about their IWB experiences.

I know the snub is a small gun, and some may say there is not much to be gained by carrying such a small pistol IWB.

I was thinking of something that is easy to put on and take off(clip attachment?). With the possibility that it could be used on the weak side as a cross draw when driving, etc.

Let me hear your thoughts and opinions, with some possible suggestions on specific holsters that might be suitable.

Thanks,

Jim
    "There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper use of high explosives"
    G. Alan Foster

2. Remove Ads

The clip-grip idea supposedly works. Today I have my snub in a SmartCarry, but I have a K&D Cochise Defender IWB I like and use frequently as a "dress holster".

I do (S&W 637) with a Comp-Tac CTAC.

Last edited by Joe R; November 28th, 2007 at 07:46 PM.

Senior Moderator
    I usually use Smartcarry but do use IWB tuckable some.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

I have a Desantis Tuck-This, a couple of soft Uncle Mike's and a clip-on from Black Hills. The softies are hard to beat for comfort and the Desantis is adjustable for crossdraw. I don't worry too much about ease of reholstering, since I figure that if I've had to take my pistol out, returning it with one or two hands is probably lower on my list of problems.

I have a Galco IWB for my 442. Attaches with a hook under the belt, is reasonably comfortable, but not easy to take off and relocate and forget reholstering. Take my experience with a grain of salt, I received my permit 2 days ago, so my experience is very limited.

I carry my snubbie with Barami Hip Grips. Works for me, but only available in right hand.

http://www.baramihipgrip.com/index.html

" Barami Hip-Grip® - Most Comfortable and Convenient Way to Carry a Concealed Weapon

The Barami Hip Grip® is the most comfortable and convenient way to carry a concealed weapon. It's recommended for use by Plain Clothesmen, Detectives, Off-Duty Policemen, Retail Businessmen, Truck Drivers, Bodyguards, Security Personnel and any other authorized citizen.

The Barami Hip Grip® is a set of stocks (replacement). The right grip panel has an "extension" that flares away from the gun slightly, creating a surface that when inserted inside the waistband (trousers, shorts, skirts, etc.) it hooks over it."
    Oh yeh? Well this was sent from the scary black electrical box under my desk, so there!
    "It aint how good you shoot, it's how cool you look doing it." [Fred Sayer 1994]
    H&K P7
    Colt XS, Star PD
    Caracal F

Smile Hbe Iwb

I carry a 642 in my HBE IWB and found it to be very comfortable as I'm not a thin guy and was initally a little concerned. It is a great addition to the carry options for the J frame.

Buz
    JBailey
    I use a Bianchi Model 6 waistband holder. It's soft, comfortable, and exactly what you're looking for.

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/...p?TxtModelID=6

VIP Member
    I just started carrying my 360 Sc IWB now that its getting cold. Uncle Mikes - its an inexpensive way to try out IWB.

Back in the 70’s I use to carry a small S&W 38 special in a cheep no name brand IWB leather holster with a spring clip, in the small of my back. Traded the 38 for a Walter PPK’s and for over 25 years, I’ve carried the Walther the same way.

After a while it gets uncomfortable in the car, but works great for going to dinner, and if you’re warring a small jacket it’s very concealed, and yet you can get to it quickly.

I ONLY carry my S&W 36 IWB, a Bianchi Model 100 Professional. Very well made and extremely comfortable. Very easy to switch from strong side carry to cross draw for driving. I wore that rig crossdraw for a 6-hour drive last weekend with no discomfort. I love my little snubby and that holster. (My M36 is loaded with 158gr LSWCHP standard pressure Buffalo Bores)
    Attached Images

I carry a 642 or 940 in a Tucker cover-up smooth leather out w/c-clip. It is easy on and off. Also pocket carry both. Iwb carry 95% of time. Also have Galco shoulder holster and smart carry. I have more holsters and options for my j-frames than for my other autos and revolvers.

MN Lefty

+1 on the Barami Hip Grip.. the most comfortable way to carry a 642 IMO.

I primarily carry a 1911 but I also carry a 638 J frame when clothing dictates or I'm working in the shop during the work day. I can carry IWB in a FIST Kydex tuckable, pocket in a PCS Black Bird or in a chest band. I also saw an Andrews McDaniel II IWB I really liked. There are so many ways you can carry a J frame as primary or backup.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links