Effective Immediately: My Resignation

This is a discussion on Effective Immediately: My Resignation within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi Folks, I am announcing my resignation as a Senior Moderator, effective immediately. My reasons for this decision are as follows: First, my workload is ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Effective Immediately: My Resignation

Hi Folks,

I am announcing my resignation as a Senior Moderator, effective immediately. My reasons for this decision are as follows:

First, my workload is enormous and as most of you are probably aware I have experienced some pretty severe health problems as of late. By resigning I no longer have the responsibilities associated with this position and will have more time to focus on my primary responsibility: Getting holsters to my customers. Some days moderation requires very little time, but at other times it will eat up several hours of shop time in a single day. I need that time to get caught up.

Secondly, I nearly died in August and such an experience has caused me to refocus my priorities. I need to stop working all the time and spend some time with my family.

And finally, I have become embroiled in some controversy lately as I have been accused of having misled my customers. Each effort to explain my position has resulted in simply stirring up more such crap and quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of it. I don't want or need any drama in my life. I just wanna make holsters - and that's exactly what I intend to do. I'll leave the "ego wars" to others....

Gary,

Thanks for your time in keeping us riff-raff in line.

Wishing you & Mrs. B. a Merry Christmas!

Herk

Administrator
    Its to bad things are the way they are... but I hope you enjoy all your new found time and continue to make your holsters.

Thanks for all the time you donated.
    "Just blame Sixto"

whw
    I hope your health continues to improve and wish you all the best. Your craftsmanship will always continue to generate great demand for your holsters. Good luck.

whw

Distinguished Member Array mavrik46's Avatar
    Gary,
    Thanks for your time and loyalty to the forum.
    Gregory H. Garner

Gary,

I'm sorry to hear that you are no longer going to be a moderator here. I sincerely hope, however, that you continue to share your vast experience and knowledge with us rank-and-file members.

You have a great gift and it would be unfortunate to lose your voice here on this forum.

Take care of yourself and your family.

--Dan

DC Founder
    Gary has been a moderator here for quite some time and while we hate to lose him, I think it's important that the things immediately around you, family, health and business take priority. Everything else is secondary. We'll miss your presence and hope, after everything is squared away, you'll continue to consider the forum a second home.

Best of luck in your heath issues and the agonizing backlog.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Gary:

Ditto all of the above, and a personal "Thank you" for the efforts you've put in here. Focus on the family, your health, and your business. Nothing else really matters, eh?

Thank you, and remember, you do make a difference to your family and your customers!

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

I'll keep you guys in my prayers. I'm sure the physical and emotional load is getting hard to bear. I know you are a Christian believer from previous posts I've read, so that in mind, just remember the ONLY 2 things that matter are your relationship with our Lord, and your family.

You have a God given talent in making holsters, and I'm sure the Lord will see you through this.

God bless you and your family.
    Charlie - 40FIVER

Why I carry:
    "The heart is deceitul above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
    Jeremiah 17:9

VIP Member
    God bless Gary, enjoy your new found time!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Gary,

Take care and I hope your health continues to improve.

Biker

Senior Moderator
    Thanks Gary,

I glad to hear that you are going to be spending more time with your family
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Gary I have known you since I joined this forum and you are one of the few folks that I keep in my file of good guys. You take care of yourself and your family first before all else, those things are what will last and this forum (as good as it can be) will pass before your family does.

I have a holster on order, and as long as you continue to make them, I will paitently wait for its arrival, as I know that quailty comes with paitence and good things are worth waiting for.

Take care and I am sure we will talk again, but you take care of yourself, you will be missed.

To others out there, to many are to quick to challenge the intergrity of someone when you typing something you would never do to a persons face. That is a shame, its hapened on to many occasions and it does cost this forum.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Many thanks for your time and help. Catch up on the holsters, spend time with your family, get well. I am aware of the help you have given so freely to several of our other holster makers, and I am sure they appreciated your guidance. I hope you will continue on the forum as a participant when you have time. Blessings to you and your family.
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Good for you Gary, get well and enjoy the family time. I'm sure Remy won't mind seeing more of you!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links