Seeking Shoulder Holster

Seeking Shoulder Holster

This is a discussion on Seeking Shoulder Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Who can provide me with a quality shoulder holster that won't cripple my bank account?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeking Shoulder Holster

Seeking Shoulder Holster

Who can provide me with a quality shoulder holster that won't cripple my bank account?
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

Check out Galco Leathers. They have 2 different styles....Vertical & Horizontal. They are a good quality leather holsters.
    Welcome to Tennessee, the patron state of shootin' stuff.--SHOOTER

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n View Post
    Check out Galco Leathers. They have 2 different styles....Vertical & Horizontal. They are a good quality leather holsters.
    Thank you. I will.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

The Jackass rig is nice. If you haven't carried with a shoulder holster, it takes some getting used to. If you wear a jacket partially unzipped, remember some people may see it. It takes some time to adapt to the CCW side of wearing it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by mastery View Post
    The Jackass rig is nice. If you haven't carried with a shoulder holster, it takes some getting used to. If you wear a jacket partially unzipped, remember some people may see it. It takes some time to adapt to the CCW side of wearing it properly.
    Thank you. I will probably be ridiculed by some for revealing that for years I've used those oh-so-despised nylon shoulder rigs, which work just fine for me. But I'd like to try something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf357 View Post
    Thank you. I will probably be ridiculed by some for revealing that for years I've used those oh-so-despised nylon shoulder rigs, which work just fine for me. But I'd like to try something different.
    Why ruin a good thing?

If you have to change it up, look into,

http://www.andrewsleather.com/

And

http://www.mitchrosen.com/new_produc..._products.html

The express line holsters are well done for a good price.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry View Post
    Why ruin a good thing?
    Good point.

Thanks for the information. That is some fine looking gear.

I would give the Andrews a try if I didn't already have one. The design just makes sense to me, and I absolutly love his work.

I have been using the Galco Miami Classic for about 10-11 years now. It's pretty comfortable if you wear the right shirt for the job. It seems a looser t-shirt just bunches up and I have to keep adjusting. But a tight t-shirt, or even Under Armour, works much better.

Plus for night time, I use one of the magazine pouches for a flashlight holder (Surefire E2D or the new L1 Lumamax).
    "Nice grips, weird choice of etching" Rocky

Note, I have no connection to the original author of this thread or any of the holster makers. Here's one guy's opinion: http://www.parkcitiestactical.com/shr.htm

As always, YMMV.

Herk

Edited to add--+1 to TiCarry. It's a concealed carry permit. It doesn't matter if your holster is made out of nylon or the hide of the last do-do bird assembled by 209th generation master craftsmen from a remote tribe in outer Mongolia. If it works, use it. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    Note, I have no connection to the original author of this thread or any of the holster makers. Here's one guy's opinion: http://www.parkcitiestactical.com/shr.htm

As always, YMMV.

Herk
    Whoa, it's strange that you should provide that particular site for my perusal... I was just there... Gulp! (As the theme from the Twilight Zone plays in the background.)

I have little interst in reviews of anything for the most part and take it with a grain of salt if I haven't personally used it myself, some you miught get a few idea from but for the most part is one person "opinion" or bias towards a product. An example would be reviews about the VM-II's. I agree it is a great holster design and works for many that have them but I found it was not for me despite all the hype and I couldn't stand the metal mouth band. Made it unplestent for me to wear. Went to a Max-Con V and found my IWB holster. Others not so much maybe. So my point is, one man's idea of a holster or shoulder holster or whatever is worth what you paid for the information, zero.

I think the guy's that feel they need to put formal reviews out there of products that WILL no doubt be different and wear differently on each individual person wearing them is only to get themselves out there on the net as self promoting "Net Experts", whatever. Pretty much a joke IMO.

ETA - I forgot to post this, I was to busy going on about "Net Review Commandos".

Not sure if you have found this or not on here but it is a master list of holster makers that I think P95 Carry put together.

http://www.alumbankweb.com/cc-riglinks.htm
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

Ti Carry,

I see your point, but is that different that getting an opinion from any one of us? I mean, we're ALL full of dookie.

Herk

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    Ti Carry,

I see your point, but is that different that getting an opinion from any one of us? I mean, we're ALL full of dookie.

Herk
    Maybe not,

But the difference for me is we are only stating our experiences with holsters, gun's, ammo or whatever collectively as a starting point for someone, stating the good, the bad and the ugly and someone has the chance to have multiple reviews or experience from many not just one. None of us on here are dedicating a web page to something as personal and individual as holsters when we post.

The sites I like for example are the information sites like P95 Carry offers. Those are filled with a ton of useful information. With the site you linked it's just one man's opinion as to how a holster worked for him not 50 like on here where you can look through them and hopefully make a better informaed decision, if nothing else by default. My point between the two is if someone reads the reviews of one and takes them as the gospil they may not even give a look at a holster design that might end up being the perfect one for them, just because some"one" said so.

Maybe it's just me, I don't know!

Ti

I like and use the "Jackass" when it makes sense for me. I like that the butt rides lower with the muzzle tucked under the a-pit. makes for a quicker draw for us with extra padding.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

I just ordered the desantis patriot, which I found had decent reviews.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links