Motorcycle Carry

Motorcycle Carry

This is a discussion on Motorcycle Carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone here carry while on a motorcycle? I have tried to imagine how I could do this and get to my weapon if attacked ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Carry

Motorcycle Carry

Does anyone here carry while on a motorcycle? I have tried to imagine how I could do this and get to my weapon if attacked at a stoplight, but I just can't figure out how to do it with my gear on. Any tips?

If you're stopped at a light?
    If I were stopped at a light and there were someone posing a grave threat, my Harley would be sailing through the light.
    If I were trapped, which I plan ahead for (not to be trapped...car or bike)...my Glock is IWB at about 5:00...not a problem.

I don't have lots of gear..just a Florida leather jacket on those cold mornings...55'...Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

My G-36 is just one zip away...actually I could get it without unzipping the jacket.

I also keep a 4oz OC spray right on my dash for dogs who like to chase bikes...I guess that might also help with a threat.

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I ride and carry.

If I'm on my scoot I'd use the manuverability of the motorcycle to flee as my first option. When I'm on the bike I carry the same as when I'm not on the bike. Primary on the hip and BUG in the pocket.

Biker

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    I have been riding about three years now. I normally carry IWB at 4 o'clock. I do the same thing when on my cycle. Since I'm right handed, if I draw, the throttle is released and the bike sits still. I'd go with a fast getaway as my first option. If that isn't possible, my plan is to not worry about the bike. I'm also considering a shoulder holster for use when I ride. Haven't made my mind up on that yet.

I do but people seem to look at me weird.
    Attached Images

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    IWB at 4 same as always. However, if you're stopped at a light on your bike, chances are someone trying to steal your bike or attack you will knock you off the bike before you have a chance to react. Then you might also have to deal with being trapped under the bike.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Built a pocket in the upper part of my leather vest...great for the Keltec. 4'Oclock is another good option...but a bit uncomfortable for the long hauls...

Rick

p3at in the jacket pocket. s&w model 60 in the windsheld bag. both are easy to get to. do the shoulder hoster some in the summer under the mesh jacket, but in winter the big jacket stay zipped all the way up.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by koolguynet
    Does anyone here carry while on a motorcycle? I have tried to imagine how I could do this and get to my weapon if attacked at a stoplight, but I just can't figure out how to do it with my gear on. Any tips?
    Carry as you normally would and plan on leaving the motorcycle if you find yourself in a situation where you need to access your weapon. Or stay on the bike and get the hell out of Dodge! (the preferable choice, if there's a choice). Fighting off a motorcycle whether it is moving or not, is not a good idea. In a car vs. motorcycle confrontation, car wins most everytime, so that's always a good thing to keep in mind.

If someone just wants to steal my bike I'm going to drop it on the ground and give it to them. Picking a 750lb Harley off the ground, mounting it and then re-starting it after it shuts down, takes a little bit of time (ask me how I know this ) and acting like the compliant victim will allow me to use that time to take whatever steps I may deem necessary. Hopefully, anyway.
    Second Best is not an option

I will typically swith to appendix carry in a CompTac Pro Undercover with my vest for cover. I carry a spare mag IWB at 11:00 when carrying this way. Since I took the drag bars off of my bike, I could probably get away with my normal IWB at 4:00, but I'm too paranoid about having my vest or jacket ride up in the back.

I agree with Mr Kaneley.

If your at the point where you have to draw, a motorcycle is not going to outrun any bullets. If you can ride away before it gets to that point, then great, do it.

But if it is time to draw, then drop the bike, pull your heat and be ready to move and fire.

I also know how easy it is to pick up and start an 800 pound Harley. I think I have to have hernia surgery because of doing that once.

Just remember, if you lay it down, your pistol is a high dollar slider puck!

I carry on my bike, but honestly it's for when I'm off my bike that I carry. There's isn't anything on four wheels that will outrun my Ducati. Evasion is what I practice. I can bust ultra quick uturns and swerve in and out of traffic much better than a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwebel View Post
    I carry on my bike, but honestly it's for when I'm off my bike that I carry. There's isn't anything on four wheels that will outrun my Ducati. Evasion is what I practice. I can bust ultra quick uturns and swerve in and out of traffic much better than a car.
    Same for my "weedwhacker" as it's referred to at work. Something my dad taught me when I starte to drive (not ride): always have an out. I don't pull up on people's bumpers and I usually am turned so that I can see if I'm going to get run into and hopefully get out of the way quickly enough.
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

Gamisou...

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links