Help with holster

This is a discussion on Help with holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently purchased a S&W 990L in .40 cal. I am told that it is basically a Walther 99 compact and any holster for the ...

Thread: Help with holster

Help with holster

I recently purchased a S&W 990L in .40 cal. I am told that it is basically a Walther 99 compact and any holster for the Walther 99 compact will fit it. Is this true? This is my first larger bore (larger than .38 special anyway) and a spur of the moment purchase (price was too good to pass up). I want to purchase a good, quality holster for it. I've carried my S&W 642 for 4 years in a inexpensive Desantis pocket holster, usually in a jacket or coat pocket. Can anyone recommend a holster or a holster maker for this gun. I would like a good IWB possibly a OWB holster also. Unfortunately I don't have the physical time to look/browse for a good holster (I work two jobs monday thru friday and a different one on the weekends). I know this is a lot to ask with not much input from me and I really appreciate any help.

Grandpa B.

2. Remove Ads

Grandpa Bear:

Yes, the 99OL is the same as the Walther 99 Compact. So any holster maker who advertises holsters for the Walther will be able to make one for you.

Grandpa Bear, my recommendation would be to check out K&D Holsters. Kevin (K-Man) is simply one of the best guys to deal with that you could ever meet. He also makes some incredible gear. I have two of his holsters and for leather, I will go no where else. I would post some pics of the holsters that he has made for me, but they started restricting us at work as to what sites we can get to. Where I have my pictures is one of those sites.
    Just do a search for K&D, and you will get many good reviews! Here are a couple of links to get you started.

Ron

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=30674
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=24563
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Links