Colt Diamondback Holster Help Needed

Colt Diamondback Holster Help Needed

This is a discussion on Colt Diamondback Holster Help Needed within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay guys need some help. I'm looking for a OWB hi rise holster for a Colt diamondback 4 inch barrel. Old school I know!! Yes ...

Thread: Colt Diamondback Holster Help Needed

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar

Unhappy Colt Diamondback Holster Help Needed

Okay guys need some help. I'm looking for a OWB hi rise holster for a Colt diamondback 4 inch barrel. Old school I know!!
    Yes I have run a search here and been thru most of the web sites on our link page. Nearly everyone ( not the custom makers on this forum) includes the Diamondback in with the Python and the Python is bigger making the holster to big as well.
    Are the Diamondback and the Smith K frames roughly the same size? They look pretty close.
    Can anyone direct me to a site or maker that shows this on their website? I know it is not feasible for someone to get a pattern for just one holster sooooo...
    HELP!!!!!
    Last edited by Gunnutty; December 3rd, 2007 at 07:18 PM. Reason: To broad a statement
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    Any of the custom firms like Sparks, Alessi, etc should have the dummy gun to make a holster for you. Your best way to find one is to get on the phone or send e-mail. If your not wanting to spend big $$, Safariland should have what you want as they made most of our rigs back when I carried a wheelgun as a LEO. FWIW, I have also seen some on e-bay for the diamondback. Good luck.

Gunnutty, most custom makers will have a dummy gun for the Python but not for the Diamondback, if you really want a nice holster for it you may have to send the holster maker your Diamondback to use as a pattern.
    Best,
    Rhome
    Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. ~ Robin Williams ~
    www.desbiensgunleather.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rhome View Post
    Gunnutty, most custom makers will have a dummy gun for the Python but not for the Diamondback, if you really want a nice holster for it you may have to send the holster maker your Diamondback to use as a pattern.
    Best,
    Rhome
    That is what I was wondering about. Safariland, Bianchi, Hume, Rossi and Gould do not list the Diamondback or if they do it is the same number as the Python, which is a bigger gun.
    I was wondering if the Smith K frame would be a fairly close match.
    Thanks for the replies.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Try calling Rudy at Black Hills Leather, he makes a fine holster for a revolver.
    He can most likely make what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnutty View Post
    Are the Diamondback and the Smith K frames roughly the same size? They look pretty close.
    The K-frame is a bit larger than the Diamondback's D-frame, but even worse is the difference in barrel shape. None of the standard K-frames have a full lug barrel like the Diamondback, so while the frame fit will be a bit loose, the chances of a tightly boned holster accepting the Diamondback barrel are slim.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnutty View Post
    Okay guys need some help. I'm looking for a OWB hi rise holster for a Colt diamondback 4 inch barrel. Old school I know!!
    Yes I have run a search here and been thru most of the web sites on our link page. Nearly everyone ( not the custom makers on this forum) includes the Diamondback in with the Python and the Python is bigger making the holster to big as well.
    Can anyone direct me to a site or maker that shows this on their website? I know it is not feasible for someone to get a pattern for just one holster sooooo...
    HELP!!!!!
    Sorry I have no suggestion however........

COLT DIAMONDBACKS ARE HOTTTTTTTT!!!
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Sorry I have no suggestion however........

COLT DIAMONDBACKS ARE HOTTTTTTTT!!!
    I agree. I had forgotten how good this one shoots and think I'll give it a job for awhile.

Gunnutty: since I have a Diamondback in factory nickle I know what your going thru after a long search I got one of the cheaper holsters for a S&W that fit close and had my shoemaker put a couple of stiches here and there to make it fit proper and be retained. Mine has been going strong ( Holster ) for 4 years now. The pistol has been with me since 1973 and what a dream it is to shoot I trained all my sons to shoot on it and of course they all want it now but my wife who it actually belongs to says her grandaughter gets 1st shot at it.
    Gun Control: What a long strange trip it's been

Quote Originally Posted by frostyeyes View Post
    Gunnutty: since I have a Diamondback in factory nickle I know what your going thru after a long search I got one of the cheaper holsters for a S&W that fit close and had my shoemaker put a couple of stiches here and there to make it fit proper and be retained. Mine has been going strong ( Holster ) for 4 years now. The pistol has been with me since 1973 and what a dream it is to shoot I trained all my sons to shoot on it and of course they all want it now but my wife who it actually belongs to says her grandaughter gets 1st shot at it.
    I've found a holstermaker in Hope Ar. that is going to build me a holster. He does more of the western styles then the pancake that I ask for so we'll see how it turns out.

Frosty if that Diamondback is gonna cause any trouble in the family you can send it my way. I'm always glad to help out a friend in need.

I have numerous offers for it over the years, some of them were hard to turn down but if I ever sold it I would need to find someplace to hide cause my wife would kill me, it is the one gune she has said I could never sell over the years, little does she know that I have aquired 3 more of them 2/ 38's and 1/ 22 all with 4" barrels but they are blued models and not nearly as pretty as her factory nickle one which she has the original box papers and cleaning kit for.
    Gun Control: What a long strange trip it's been

Sponsored Links