Trying something new: The Safepacker

This is a discussion on Trying something new: The Safepacker within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by grnzbra It seems, from the video in the first link, that the draw is just too busy. First there is an upstroke ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying something new: The Safepacker

Quote Originally Posted by grnzbra
    It seems, from the video in the first link, that the draw is just too busy. First there is an upstroke to open it, which parallels the upstroke to clear clothing from a tucked IWB holster. But now, when your hand would just about be on the gun with an IWB and the upstroke would continue, you have to go back down, fish around for the gun and then bring it up and out.

Use it in a Teuller drill from 3 yards with an airsoft gun and rubber knife.
    No question. It is a slower draw than from an IWB, as it would be from any fully-enclosed holster. Speaking from experience, though, I can say there is no fishing around for the pistol. It is a tight fit, and when my hand goes into the holster, my hand is on the grip. Using it takes practice, as with any other piece of equipment. It isn't the best for every situation, but it is very good for what it was designed to do.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    ...Any time the ''ideal'' carry mode has to be discarded for something either more subtle or protective even - there will be a downside but - as ever we'd weigh the balance and and accept inherent limitations knowing at least a gun is still there! I would anyways.
    I originally picked it up for carry into heavy brush, search and rescue, and on the trails. I ended up using it for a lot more.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Man if the boss at work saw me with that he would know instantly i was packing

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom357
    It is also handy for travel. I can slide it off my belt, quickly and easily, and slip my seatbelt through it, and it does make carry and access much easier while in the driver's seat. When I get to my destination, I can easily put it back on my belt without lots of unusual movement. When I'm in a motel, I unhook the cover flap, slide the cover flap in between the mattress and the bed frame, and my pistol is holstered but complete accessible, instantly and silently, from bed at night - not on the floor or in a drawer or on a nightstand. All I have to do is drop my hand off the side of the bed, and my hand is on my pistol - I can draw without any apparent movement.
    Now this is something that would be useful. On long trips, having it mounted to the seatbelt and also be used to carry in the motel at night would be convenient.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links