KD Holsters

KD Holsters

This is a discussion on KD Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey all, first post in here. Been reading the forums for some time now and think I have an idea as to what I am ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KD Holsters

Question KD Holsters

Hey all, first post in here. Been reading the forums for some time now and think I have an idea as to what I am looking for. I had time to browse around and check out the different holster makers, options and what not.

I like the look of the K&D holsters that I have seen, specifically the Eagle and Laredo Defenders. My question, for those of you that have them, is if you notice a difference between the two. Do the snaps hold as close to the body as the loops do on the Eagle? I like the idea of having the snaps so I can take it off easier.

Any info would be great, and feel free to post photos carried or not. This would help me get a good idea as to how it carries.

FWIW, I'm looking at either for a standard Sig P229.
    Huh?

VIP Member
    I don't have an Eagle, but I do have 2 Laredo's and they hold very close to the body. The one I have had for the longest is for my Smith 1066. I have it on right now. It sits at about 5 o'clock and the grip presses right into the hollow above my kidney.

Kevin does great work and either would work well. P95Carry (Chris) has an Eagle and loves it. There are several pictures of him with it on and it too pulls the grip in tight.

For me the Laredo works great because I work odd hours and dress in two different styles most days. Being able to come home and swap the holster to a pair of jeans that already has a belt in place is a time saver.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Assistant Administrator
    I'll try and find the pic of my eagle - albeit on a very old belt - it is obvious tho I think that it holds in tight - I am now on a better belt and it's that much better yet. The pics were taken by my wife and I forgot to even cinch up the old belt!

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Cool deal, thanks for the photos.
    Huh?

Don't have the Eagle, but have two Laredo's - hold close to the body - alot closer than I ever imagined a snap on being able to do!! You really can't go wrong with either one!!

VIP Member
    I have a laredo...best owb holster I have used...holds tight to the body ...excelent retention...outstanding craftsmanship...

I wear a Laredo (in fact I'm wearing at this very moment) and it carrying nice and tight just behind my hip.

I've got pictures my wife took a while back. I'll try to locate them and post later.

I heartily recommend Kevin's work. I think my next from him will actually be a Maverick IWB.

B.

Nice Photo's P95Carry. I have two Eagles already on order. One for a SP101 and the other for a P220. I should be getting notified soon as to when they begin the work, I ordered on Sept. 1st...

Dave

my Defender snaps on the belt, it holds tight. I prefer snap on or clip on to belt slide models. much easier on and off the gun belt.

Now you see it...

...now you don't.

Or at least, that's what I tell myself.

B.

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    I have two Cochise IWB Defenders, so my experience is not exactly what you're looking for. I do want to tell you that the holsters are fantastic. I love the clips, they slide over the belt easy and quick and stay in place. I'm sure you'll be satisfied with your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by arawn View Post
    Now you see it...

...now you don't.

Or at least, that's what I tell myself.

B.
    Oh, very nice. Hard chromed HK P7 has to be one of the sexiest guns out there. Looks good in the holster too.

Thanks for all the input guys, you made my decision easier.
    Huh?

atrophis,

Thanks!
    I had wanted a P7M8 for quite literally 2 decades, but had never been able to afford one. I got this one in trade for a USC and could not be happier.

Be sure to tell us what you end up ordering and of course, post pics when you receive it!

B.

Maverick Defender ?

Quote Originally Posted by older gunner View Post
    I have two Cochise IWB Defenders, so my experience is not exactly what you're looking for. I do want to tell you that the holsters are fantastic. I love the clips, they slide over the belt easy and quick and stay in place. I'm sure you'll be satisfied with your choice.
    Maybe I am mistaken but can't the Cochise Defender be worn OWB as well by switching the clips out? Could be wrong. I have a Maverick Defender coming in a few weeks. I ordered it because I can wear it IWB or OWB (under my belt) and more importantly because of Kevin unique design its cant be can be rotated 360 degrees. So I can adjust it to lay where my hand naturally falls. Anyway those might be options that will work for you. No doubt any holster you get from K&D Holsters will be a premier product.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

LR,

Can't the Maverick be worn cross-draw as well as strong-side?
    That's one Maverick and Andrews McDaniel II - crossdraw are vying for my next holster purchase.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links