Khaki pants, which ones are good for carry?

This is a discussion on Khaki pants, which ones are good for carry? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi guys, I wear plain khaki pants to work and other places, and I've been wearing basic cheap Old Navy ones. One problem I have ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Khaki pants, which ones are good for carry?

Khaki pants, which ones are good for carry?

Hi guys,

I wear plain khaki pants to work and other places, and I've been wearing basic cheap Old Navy ones. One problem I have with these is very shallow pockets. I think these are them:

http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/produc...scid=217768012

I'm very uninterested in fashion, etc., and I despise shopping for clothes (gun shopping, on the other hand...). What I'm asking is if any of you know a good, durable brand of casual khaki pants that have deeper, larger pockets that work good for...ummm...whatever you need to store in your pockets! ;)

So, carry friendly pockets, basically. Thanks for any suggestions! Also, not breaking the bank wouldn't hurt either!
    "For evil to flourish all that is required is for good men to spout clichés." - Hugh Laurie

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Whatever brand but get their Big & Tall version. Much deeper pockets.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

JD
    Administrator
    Nothing from Old Navy, check out the Gander Mountain Guide Series, and Woolrich Elite. etc. etc.

I would recomend the 5.11 series, but the HUGE back pockets are hideous IMHO.

I stopped buying pants/jeans from Old Navy after all the belt loops kept falling off after two months.

I love my 5.11 khaki pants. they are comfortable and have tons of pockets and pockets just for carrying mags. They look very professional and they are super sturdy, I have a feeling they will outlast most other khakis I have. Check them out here http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-tact...ert-pants.html
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    I see a lot of people wearing 5.11 at IDPA events, and they seem pretty good for what you want. On the other hand, 5.11 is big-time mall-ninja gear, and a lot of people think they practically scream, "Hey, I'm carrying!" YMMV.

I like the 5.11 in khaki and charcoal. Can't beat the fit and the pocket space. The elastic in the waistband makes for comfortable IWB if that's your pleasure. I usually get them from Midway.

Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    I see a lot of people wearing 5.11 at IDPA events, and they seem pretty good for what you want. On the other hand, 5.11 is big-time mall-ninja gear, and a lot of people think they practically scream, "Hey, I'm carrying!" YMMV.
    I doubt people pay that much attention. At a casual glance my 5.11s don't look that much different from my Wrangler cargoe pants except they fit better.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    I doubt people pay that much attention. At a casual glance my 5.11s don't look that much different from my Wrangler cargoe pants except they fit better.
    I am not sure it matters if Joe Sixpack notices, but it seems at least possible that it might clue in a BG. I am not stating this as a strong objection or anything, just as something the OP might consider. That's all. I will say it did make me start noticing guys in loose polos and 5.11 pants, though!

I thought about getting some myself (mostly for IDPA), but I ran across these cargos which I have found to be very, very comfortable.

If you don't mind shelling out some serious dough, Bill's Khakis are the best khakis I've found, period. They also are the best at concealing a pocket holster.

Bill's are made to the same GI specs as the army WWII pants. Really thick cotton--I mean these pants are stout! They last me years, and I am hard on pants. The cut is roomy, and you can also get a relaxed fit that adds 1.5" to the thigh. The pleated, relaxed fit version will let you conceal a fairly large pistol. It's the M1P version you want:

http://www.billskhakis.com/shop/pants_twill.html

How expensive are they? David Letterman prefers them, and I suspect he could afford any pants he wanted.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbW View Post
    How expensive are they? David Letterman prefers them, and I suspect he could afford any pants he wanted.

HOLY CRAP!

PRICE: $97.50
    (Sizes 44, 46: $102.50)
    (Sizes 48, 50, 52: $112.50 - Style M2P only - Product Color Khaki only)

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Nothing from Old Navy, check out the Gander Mountain Guide Series, and Woolrich Elite. etc. etc.

I would recomend the 5.11 series, but the HUGE back pockets are hideous IMHO.

I stopped buying pants/jeans from Old Navy after all the belt loops kept falling off after two months.
    Hold on a second. I picked up an Old Navy P coat a few weeks ago and was astounded to find out there were 3 excellent concealed carry pockets in it. One pocket on the inside was a typical CCW design (Vertical slit opening) you see on expensive concealed carry jackets. I asked the folks at the counter how much it was...$30. I don't care for button up, but this is one warm coat thats eager to please you and your carry.

Dickies have fairly deep pockets. Most Wally World stores sell them.
    The Edge ... there's no honest way to describe it. The only ones who know where it is have gone over.

Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    Normal 5.11 pants do look like that. I am referring to the khakis which look like any other pair of khakis out there and have no brand labeling. Check out the link I posted above and you might change your tune.
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

B52
    +1 for Dickies cargo pants.

VIP Member
    Kohls

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links