Weird Carry Options

Weird Carry Options

This is a discussion on Weird Carry Options within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Of course I'm addressing this to QK as I am somewhat amused by his reaction to the Safepacker. I want to see if I can ...

Thread: Weird Carry Options

Weird Carry Options

Of course I'm addressing this to QK as I am somewhat amused by his reaction to the Safepacker. I want to see if I can give him a panic attack.

I have been told of some carry methods I thought were bizarre. Now far be it from me to say you should or should not do something like this, but I personally will have none of them.

I'll start with the most mild of them. This is called Dork Carry. It even has its own web page. It might actually work however!

http://www.ktog.org/walmart.htm

This one barely counts as this might possibly work for somebody out there if you used something a little bit sturdier than a cheap CD player holder, but wait they already invented that idea and actually make products for it... So let's move on to something a little weirder.

Bra carry. I know a very competent and knowledgeable woman who carries an NAA .22 WMR mini revolver in... there. Yep.

I've had occassion to meet another woman who does the same thing, but with the revolver cocked. She scared me.

Now these NAA pieces seem to be particulary suited for weird carry. There also used to be a holster made by Newt Livesay that was designed to carry the gun muzzle up around your neck such that the gun was pointed at your chin.

I've also encountered Deep in the Boot carry. I met a gentleman once years ago who wears tall boots a size too big. He drops a J frame in there with a leather lanyard tied to it. The other end of the lanyard of course hangs over the top of his boot. I bet he's still doing that to this day. At the time I was about 12 and it didn't quite yet strike me how goofy this was.

Then there's Duct Tape carry. Duct tape it anywhere. Like under your arm pit. I hope he was kidding too.

That's some of the incredible silliness I've seen. By the way in all cases did I never actually ask any of these people how or what they carried, it was volunteered to me and unsolicited.

Administrator

Thumbs up Euclidean

Concerning the DORK PACK Method Of Carry
    :denk:

Oh...the North American Arms necklace holster that points the muzzle right up at your chin 10 hours a day. I've already commented on that one.

Honestly Euc I don't much care how anybody wants to carry their own personal firearm. It really is a personal decision. I can toss my few pennies in & offer an opinion but, when push comes to shove...I figure that people will decide for themselves how they want to carry & what will work for them.
    I DO believe that some carry methods are extremely delusional for practical self defense because weapon presentation time is WAY TOO SLOW.
    I think that any carry method where it takes the defensive shooter MORE than a few seconds...REALLY 2 or 3 seconds MAX is totally worthless...TO ME. For me that would be absolutely unacceptable.
    I am not super crazy about "off body" carry methods & female purse carry scares me because of....purse snatched...deadly weapon snatched too.
    Not good.
    The bottom line is that I would RATHER see any honest, law abiding person CARRY a defensive firearm than NOT carry one...so however they ultimately want to carry it is up to them...I guess.

And concerning an "in the bra against the breast" carry...I would need to study that closely and first hand to draw a conclusion on that.
    I know that when I was younger I could get to the breast fairly quickly...so that carry method should work out OK.
    Last edited by QKShooter; July 22nd, 2005 at 05:56 PM.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Assistant Administrator
    Haha - human ingenuity knows no bounds! I do know - duct tape would never work for me - guys, you ain't seen me sweat, nothing but nothing would stick!

The other option which I fancy I brought up once was hat carry - a suitable, large stetson maybe, with vecro retained mini holster inside top - holding perhaps NAA mini or P3AT. Draw time would be awkward to say least but - it'd be a gun as against no gun.

''Hello Mr Bad Guy'' (doffs hat politely) - ''How you do'in'' - (draws casually from blind side of hat). Hmmm - could work. Afterthought - ****** - why not shoot thru the hat!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator

Concerning Undercover And The NAA

Some undercover detectives used to deep carry the North Am. Arms Mini & the Freedom Arms Mini under hospital type LARGE WOUND bandages.
    They needed to "degrease" the skin first & would secrete the Mini in different ODD locations.
    The gauze part of the ultra-big-bandaids sort of kept the tiny revolver in little pocket against the skin. I guess it worked OK for deep cover.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    ''Hello Mr Bad Guy'' (doffs hat politely) - ''How you do'in'' - (draws casually from blind side of hat). Hmmm - could work. Afterthought - ****** - why not shoot thru the hat!!
    What?! And ruin a perfectly good hat?
    _Don_

Assistant Administrator
    Haha - that crossed my mind Don - but hey - if it's my life that's preserved I sure ain't gonna mourne the loss of a hat - that's replaceable
    Chris - P95

Euc,

When I carry my Taurus PT-145 to dress functions, I wear my dress western boots. Inside the cuff on my left boot I clip a Uncle Mikes IWB and stuff the gun in there. I have been doing this for over a year and it works great. The boot cuff takes all the weight of the handgun. Inside the right boot cuff I clip my extra magazine holder with a full clip. It's amazing how quickly I can draw the gun. I have had to run while carrying this way and dont even notice the gun is there. It's better than an ankle holster, which I have as well by the way.

I actually wear the Taurus concealed this way any time I wear boots.
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

Assistant Administrator
    tex - any chance of a pic sometime - sounds good and be helpful to see a pic, tho I think I am ''seeing'' what you describe quite well.
    Chris - P95

Lead Moderator
    I don't like off body carry, but carrying my pistol in and out of the house while going to work(carry not permitted) , I found a nice soft sided first aid kit works great.

I am always trying new holster/ carry options, especially for my NAA revo.

Like tex45acp, I can carry my PT inside my boot top, but find the ankle holster holds it in place better.

Shoot through my hat?!? Not in Texas, you don't. Oh the horrors!!!
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

I have a "work" jacket from Duluth Trading Co. (here). It has numerous pockets that are well designed to be able to hide a J-frame or a Kahr. But I like it for it's left inside breast pocket. The material is heavy enough & the pocket just deep enough that I can carry my BHP in reversed position. To draw, I use my left hand to bring the jacket wide open, which reverses the pistol position for a perfect right-hand draw. Not much more motion than clearing a shirt or jacket in the normal right-hand side.
    Can't carry it in the normal position because the BHP grip is too long & would stick out & be unconcealed. It may sound kludgey, but it works pretty slick.

Carry Options

Hey Chris,

I had not thought of the hat option when I built a velcro in holster for my wife's purses for her NAA Black Widow. It will stick to day timers, brief cases and a multitude of other places, but the hat idea escaped me. I also added no print panels for either front pocket or rear pocket carry. I'll be coming out with other sizes soon.

Any other ideas?

Be Well,

Scarface
    anklepocket.com
    Scarface
    Good night, Chesty, wherever you are
    http://www.anklepocket.com/

Assistant Administrator
    Holy Moly - well Hi Buck and welcome to the CC Forum. Great to see you - been quite a while eh!

How's that ''vehicular'' idea you had a ways back?
    Chris - P95

Carry options

Hi Chris,
    It has been a while.
    Yes, this covers the automobile option, as well. The velcro lets it be used wherever you might want. The first size is for the NAA Black Widow, other NAA revolvers and most 2 barrel derringers.
    Check it out at anklepocket.com under Anywhere Pocket. More sizes to come.

Be Well Chris,

Scarface
    Attached Images
    Scarface
    Good night, Chesty, wherever you are
    http://www.anklepocket.com/

Assistant Administrator
    Darn it Buck - been way too long since I went to your site - must go check that out.

Stick around and drop by when you can - great bunch of folks here.
    Chris - P95

Links