Belt Clips for Crossbreed

This is a discussion on Belt Clips for Crossbreed within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought a Crossbreed holster not too long ago and really enjoy it. It is extreamly comfortable and stable. My only concern is that the ...

Thread: Belt Clips for Crossbreed

Belt Clips for Crossbreed

I bought a Crossbreed holster not too long ago and really enjoy it. It is extreamly comfortable and stable. My only concern is that the clips show if I have it tucked in. I like the idea of J clips and V-clips but I am not sure how they would look. I would greatly appreciate it if you would show me what works for you, especially with pictures.
    --
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

2. Remove Ads

J Clips will be partially exposed at the base/bottom of your belt. The v clips would be better concealed, as they hide behind the belt, but you'll need to have the velcro installed on your carry belts.

the j clips will put all the weight of your gun on the pants as opposed to the original clips that keep the weight on your belt.
    was a problem for me when i owned one for my sig.(been sold)
    just thought id pass it on.
    I am going to get another very soon for my g27 but with the original clips.

Quote Originally Posted by ebk637 View Post
    the j clips will put all the weight of your gun on the pants as opposed to the original clips that keep the weight on your belt.
    was a problem for me when i owned one for my sig.(been sold)
    just thought id pass it on.
    I am going to get another very soon for my g27 but with the original clips.

Same thing happened to me. I ended up taking the J clips off, and putting the standard ones back on. No one seems to notice the clips on the belt. If they do, they don't say anything.
    Yo Macklin, great party, but no whiskey. We go home now.

about 2 weeks ago my supertuck arrived, I ordered with the j clips and have been using them without any problem, however the bottom of the clip does show

If you need that deep of concealment where you are concerned about two clips being exposed you may want to consider Smart Carry, belly band, ankle carry, or one of those holster undershirts.

Between shirt tucked IWB, belly/ankle carry, and smart carry I would think draw time would be about the same - they're all difficult to get to.
    Go Glock - until you can afford H&K

Thanks for the insight

Thanks for the info, I think I will just stick to the standard ones for now. They work great and I didn't think the J-clips would work, my carry is a 1911. In my state you are not required to keep the gun hidden with a permit, it just keeps down on the questions :-)
    --
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

I have the standard, J & V clips. I like the V clips. Keeps the weight on the belt where it belongs. Plus it is much more concealed. The J clips are worthless in my opinion.

As others have said, the J-clips put all the weight of the gun and holster on your pants and the V-clips require velcro installed on the inside of the belt.

I'm a big fan of the C-clips. A co-worker pointed them out and now I use them all the time. They offer the best support with minimal amounts of the clips showing.
    Huh?

I picked up a set of C-TAC c-clips for use with my P95 Crossbreed Supertuck, but only ended up using one of the set of two. I have the original "superclip" at the forward position & the C-TAC c-clip at the rear. I like the construction & function of the C-TAC clips, but the proximity of the Ruger's bulk prevents them from engaging properly at the forward position. I've been planning on getting a set of v-clips from Crossbreed to try as another alternative, but just haven't gotten around to it yet ...

Nick

Since pictures were asked for here you go...
    Attached Images
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

The only thing I didn't like about the new clips that came with my supertuck was how far they came below the belt. Even when tucked and bloused, they really stuck out against a pair of jeans.

So I cut the bottom of the clips with a dremel, heated them with a hairdryer, and slightly bent the bottoms to maintain a positive grip on the belt.

Links