Defensive Carry banner

Belt Clips for Crossbreed

6K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  PatP 
#1 ·
I bought a Crossbreed holster not too long ago and really enjoy it. It is extreamly comfortable and stable. My only concern is that the clips show if I have it tucked in. I like the idea of J clips and V-clips but I am not sure how they would look. I would greatly appreciate it if you would show me what works for you, especially with pictures.

#3 ·
the j clips will put all the weight of your gun on the pants as opposed to the original clips that keep the weight on your belt.
was a problem for me when i owned one for my sig.(been sold)
just thought id pass it on.
I am going to get another very soon for my g27 but with the original clips.

#6 ·
If you need that deep of concealment where you are concerned about two clips being exposed you may want to consider Smart Carry, belly band, ankle carry, or one of those holster undershirts.

Between shirt tucked IWB, belly/ankle carry, and smart carry I would think draw time would be about the same - they're all difficult to get to.

#7 ·
Thanks for the insight

Thanks for the info, I think I will just stick to the standard ones for now. They work great and I didn't think the J-clips would work, my carry is a 1911. In my state you are not required to keep the gun hidden with a permit, it just keeps down on the questions :)

#9 ·
As others have said, the J-clips put all the weight of the gun and holster on your pants and the V-clips require velcro installed on the inside of the belt.

I'm a big fan of the C-clips. A co-worker pointed them out and now I use them all the time. They offer the best support with minimal amounts of the clips showing.

#10 ·
I picked up a set of C-TAC c-clips for use with my P95 Crossbreed Supertuck, but only ended up using one of the set of two. I have the original "superclip" at the forward position & the C-TAC c-clip at the rear. I like the construction & function of the C-TAC clips, but the proximity of the Ruger's bulk prevents them from engaging properly at the forward position. I've been planning on getting a set of v-clips from Crossbreed to try as another alternative, but just haven't gotten around to it yet ...

Nick

#11 ·
Since pictures were asked for here you go...

Attachments

#12 ·
The only thing I didn't like about the new clips that came with my supertuck was how far they came below the belt. Even when tucked and bloused, they really stuck out against a pair of jeans.

So I cut the bottom of the clips with a dremel, heated them with a hairdryer, and slightly bent the bottoms to maintain a positive grip on the belt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.