Mitch Rosen Counter Carjacking Holster

This is a discussion on Mitch Rosen Counter Carjacking Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by gunthorp For taxi drivers we suggest the left hand version. Explain Please?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mitch Rosen Counter Carjacking Holster

Quote Originally Posted by gunthorp View Post
    For taxi drivers we suggest the left hand version.
    Explain Please?
    Warning: Driver only carries $20 worth of ammunition.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Taxi Driver View Post
    Explain Please?
    I'll make the guess: unlike a normal driver, the taxi driver's biggest risk is from the passenger behind him. As such, gun in left hand works better.

Taxi Driver,

To expound on dgg9's comments, I would say a gun in the left hand works better because it's already pointed in the right general direction for that back-seat threat.

That's my guess, anyway.

Cheers,
    Herk

I just saw a new K&D design today too. His clip can be rotated 360-degrees and locked down for custom fit. Don't know the price, but probably closer to Andrews than Rosen.

Maverick Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
    I just saw a new K&D design today too. His clip can be rotated 360-degrees and locked down for custom fit. Don't know the price, but probably closer to Andrews than Rosen.
    You beat me to it. It's the Maverick Defender $76 delivered an awesome deal IMO considering the innovative design, superior workmanship & quality. It's not really new Kevin designed and came up with the locking cam to adjust the cant well over a year ago. He says it is his favorite IWB holster. It can be worn IWB or OWB (between your belt and waistband). It is my EDC holster now. As stated you can adjust the cant a full 360 degrees. I wear mine at about 5 O'clock, cant set so that my hand naturally drops onto the grip, keeps the gun off of my spine and sets snug against me. Driving with a seat belt on I just lean forward slightly and draw slicker than snail snot. It's as comfortable as can be. Easily forget it is on. Excellent retention you can hold it upside down and shake it and the gun won't drop out but as I said quick easy draw & re holster. Far better than the other two mentioned IMO for the reasons stated above and unlike the Counter Carjacking Holster you don't have to put it on or take it off getting in and out of the car. It is an truely excellent EDC holster. Kevins website is http://www.kdholsters.com/
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

CCWSUPPLY.BIZ - Ross M23 Driving Holster

more secure on the belt, quicker off and on the belt. good to go. for less $$$

Quote Originally Posted by DOGOFWAR01 View Post

more secure on the belt, quicker off and on the belt. good to go. for less $$$
    Nice enough but still dont get the idea of a holster just for the car. Why not just get the holster that will work in and out of the car? Seems like alot of hassle to put a car holster on when I get into the car put the gun in it remove my EDC holster. Than but my EDC on, transfer my gun to it take off the car holster. Not to mention the problem of others seeing you go through all these weird contortions

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Nice enough but still dont get the idea of a holster just for the car. Why not just get the holster that will work in and out of the car? Seems like alot of hassle to put a car holster on when I get into the car put the gun in it remove my EDC holster. Than but my EDC on, transfer my gun to it take off the car holster. Not to mention the problem of others seeing you go through all these weird contortions
    For me the deal is, I can't carry at work so I lock my handgun in the truck and I don't wear my EDC holster.

I can clip the cross draw I have on my belt, walk out to my truck and go. When I arrive at work I put my handgun in a Center of Mass Gun Safe and throw the cross draw in the console. After work, grab the pistola, shove it in the cross draw and clip it on the belt for the drive home.

I think it's just quick and simple to use.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    For me the deal is, I can't carry at work so I lock my handgun in the truck and I don't wear my EDC holster.

I can clip the cross draw I have on my belt, walk out to my truck and go. When I arrive at work I put my handgun in a Center of Mass Gun Safe and throw the cross draw in the console. After work, grab the pistola, shove it in the cross draw and clip it on the belt for the drive home.

I think it's just quick and simple to use.
    Ah so I see. Now, that makes good sense a belt slide EDC would be a real PITA in that scenario. Thanks now I know something I didn't

Quote Originally Posted by DOGOFWAR01 View Post

Ross Driving Holster M23

Never ever use a SOB carry.
    Dogofwar01.....thanks for the link. This is exactly what i've been looking for. I saw both of the others and wanted something close but not quit......The Ross looks exacly like what i've wanted.

Thanks.

mpitock, Roger that.

Works for us (Wife, Kids, and I), in the vehicles or in the house

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by los View Post
    Take a closer look at the design.

Easy on, Easy off. Cross Draw cant. The weapon is extremely accessible for quick draw while in a sitting [driving] position.
    Easy on Easy off... is relative to how much of a beer tumor you have!!!!
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links