How do you carry your XD9 sc?

This is a discussion on How do you carry your XD9 sc? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I started with a cheap holster (Don Hume iwb) so i can have a better idea of what i need in a holster. now I'm ...

Thread: How do you carry your XD9 sc?

How do you carry your XD9 sc?

I started with a cheap holster (Don Hume iwb) so i can have a better idea of what i need in a holster.
    now I'm looking for a holster with two belt clips (better weight distribution) and a forward cant (or adjustable cant) as it conceals better for a small frame like me.
    I did some research and found some company's that have good holsters, but unfortunately i cant find any store (Miami area) that sell good XD holsters, so i will have to order from the net my chosen holster, without physically comparing so i was wondering if i can get some hunch from people with some more xd holster experience then me.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    You're going to get lots of suggestions on holsters. I always recommend Fist holsters. I have lots of em and am happy with em all. I have a XD40SC and it carries really well in both IWB and OWB holsters from Fist. Any leather holster (custom) is going to take some time. Mine have taken from 5-7 weeks. Others have said it took them 3 weeks ( Fist). So you better get to ordering NOW>

Love my crossbreed supertuck. Thinner than most all-leathers, very secure. QUICK turnarounds, great price.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

+1 for supertuck works great with myxd9sc

VIP Member
    Don't forget Comp-Tac. I carry an XD45 in one sometimes and it's pretty comfortable for a full sized gun. They have quick turn around and aren't real expensive. It may hold you over until you can get a custom holster.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by jedro View Post
    +1 for supertuck works great with myxd9sc
    +2 for what he said. Love my supertuck.
    CARRY GUNS:
    S&W 638, Ruger LCP, Kimber Ultra CDP

I carry my XD9sc in 3 different holsters
    Galco Miami Classic (shoulder rig)
    Galco Silhouette High Ride (OWB)

and a generic IWB that I modified into a tuckable that works GREAT.
    Michigan Gun Owner
    Michigan CPL Holder
    Proud Member of The NRA

I carry my XD9SC in an MTAC.

Love it.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Currently XD40SC in a cheapo uncle mikes holster. Works extremely well for now, plan on getting a FIST forward cant holster w/the key ring holder thingy

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

CTAC

I carry my XD40SC in a C-T.A.C holster from Comp-Tac. If I had to choose again I might consider the MTAC from them because it has leather against the body and I might be able to skip the undershirt in the summer. Not sure though because I do like the C-T.A.C holster.

The C-T.A.C is a IWB holster with an adjustable cant. It is also tuckable but is stable enough that can be used either way. I find it to be very comfortable and use it for every day carry. I use the standard clips but nobody has ever asked about them. I tend to put my cellphone holster right up against the front clip so people won't be able to see that clip, but can see the back clip. I have it centered on my hip at 3 O'clock so the back clip is right behind my hip. They do have J-Clips, C-Clips and velcro clips that will keep people from seeing the clips. I also have the C-Clips, but find those are actually more noticable if your belt isn't thick enough. The clips themselves stick out and can get caught on stuff. I would like to try the velcro clips (anyone want to trade 2 C-Clips for 2 V?) to see how they work but I would probably buy a gun belt with the velcro sewed in if I did that.

Another option, check out kramerleather.com

Carry my XD in a FIST #43 which can be worn either IWB or OWB. Very versatile holster.

GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

+1 on FIST. I like the #8. It is an open bottomed (I can carry any of my XD's in it) belt slide that is very well made at a very affordable price.
    "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace" George Washington

XD40sc in an MTAC. Great holster. Used to carry in a Crossbreed Supertuck, also a great choice. I prefer the minimal sweatshield of the MTAC to the fuller one of the Crossbreed. With my gun, I don't see a comfort difference, and it is easier to get a grip with the Mtac when drawing. I may prefer the Crossbreed in the summer, haven't had the MTAC that long.

Links