K&D Dakota Defenders arrive...Disappointed!

This is a discussion on K&D Dakota Defenders arrive...Disappointed! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm disappointed that I didn't order them sooner! Received two Dakota Defenders today for my G30 and M&P 40c. Talk about some sharp looking leather. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm disappointed that I didn't order them sooner!

Received two Dakota Defenders today for my G30 and M&P 40c. Talk about some sharp looking leather. Holster required no additional break-in (i.e. draw was perfect). After messing around some with the belt clips, I was able to find that "sweet spot". I've worn the Dakota and G30 around the house for a few hours, so far it is super comfortable. They have a very slim profile (no reinforced mouth), which is a personal preference of mine. Kevin delivers once again to another happy customer. Have a look...
    Attached Images

VIP Member
    Excellent. And 2 of them, twice as good. I have the same holster and it's my favorite. I will tell you one problem I had with mine pretty soon after wearing it. The felt backing kept coming unglued around the edges. I've had to re-glue it all the way around the holster. It's fine now. I'd order another one in a heartbeat. Most comfortable IWB I've got. Congrats....

VIP Member
    Very nice!

I can't wait to get mine! I ordered it a month or two ago and it should be here mid-February. I'm glad I keep hearing good things...makes it more and more exciting. Congrats on the new holsters. They look great!

What style/size clips are those?
    "I play for keeps."

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckycarry View Post
    Excellent. And 2 of them, twice as good. I have the same holster and it's my favorite. I will tell you one problem I had with mine pretty soon after wearing it. The felt backing kept coming unglued around the edges. I've had to re-glue it all the way around the holster. It's fine now. I'd order another one in a heartbeat. Most comfortable IWB I've got. Congrats....
    Agree on all counts. I found I had to use Zap Gap to get the felt to stay. After I did it was on for good. The holster itself smelled of glue when I got it and I suspect it hadn't fully cured. When the felt began pealing it became very uncomfortable against bare skin. Once I glues it the problem went away for good. This is my most comfortable holster. I carry a 5" 1911 in it.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff8487 View Post
    What style/size clips are those?
    Those are the standard clips, fits the 1.5" belt perfectly. I didn't ask for anything specific. They are thinner than the clips you get when ordering a MTAC or Crossbreed. I've always preferred belt loops, but these clips are working out just fine.

Title of this thread worried me, as I knew that this is seldom the case with anything from K&D. Fine looking holsters there!! I wear my Cochise Defender often and I love it!!

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

that is for sure going to be my next order. do you have a pic with it on?
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Mine should be here end of January, beginning of February, can't wait!!
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Slim, I'll take the G30 DD! You know my info.........

My mistake to not order from Kevin before now as well!

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Quote Originally Posted by elrey718 View Post
    that is for sure going to be my next order. do you have a pic with it on?
    Been wearing it with my M&P 40c all morning running around doing errands. This holster continues to be exceptionally comfortable. Given it's thin profile, that gun and holster just dissappears under my t-shirt. There is nothing "bulky" about the Dakota. Here are some pics I just took...
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry View Post
    Slim, I'll take the G30 DD! You know my info.........

My mistake to not order from Kevin before now as well!

Ti

I think even a connoisseur such as yourself would be happy with these. I received my order in just a little over 4 months from ordering, website stated approx. 14-16 weeks. They are an incredible value given I paid $132 for both of these holsters shipped. I already have another one on order for my PM9, and will probably be adding to that order in the near future.

Man....I can't wait. My card was charged Nov 2, so I know its getting close. All these pics got me wanting my Laredo Defender that much more!

Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
    I think even a connoisseur such as yourself would be happy with these. I received my order in just a little over 4 months from ordering, website stated approx. 14-16 weeks. They are an incredible value given I paid $132 for both of these holsters shipped. I already have another one on order for my PM9, and will probably be adding to that order in the near future.
    With a price like that, I would be easily swayed to get one (or more) done!
    NRA Member

"...the Constitution does not say Government shall decree the right to keep and bear arms. The Constitution says ‘the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.’” - Ronald Reagan

that looks sweet. Do you recommend the standard kydex clips, C, or leather? It looks like you are wearing it in the small of the back- I assume this can be worn at 4 o'clock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links