The Kangaroo Holster

This is a discussion on The Kangaroo Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Seems like it might be a bit more comfortable than the Kramer Confident Shirt (Since It's All cotton) & probably a little quicker to draw ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Kangaroo Holster

Administrator

The Kangaroo Holster

Seems like it might be a bit more comfortable than the Kramer Confident Shirt (Since It's All cotton) & probably a little quicker to draw from. I found a "write up" on it also but, I have not tried it. It's only priced at $27.00 (Fairly Inexpensive)
    Here are the links and you can decide if it might work out for you.
    To Read The GunBlast Article On The Kangaroo Click Here

The Kangaroo Web Page Click Here

All Photo Credit To Gunblast.com their link is posted in this thread.

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    That pic looks familiar - seems like a viable option.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

This actually isn't a bad idea! I'm intrigued they could use it with a Glock 19, as the Glock 19 is actually a pretty decent sized gun.

I don't see how it would be any "worse" than the IWB cross draw I personally prefer for concealment. I think it'd actually be a pretty fast draw if you're used to drawing that way.

The first problem I see is that I doubt this thing is all that rugged. It seems to me you'd have to replace it fairly often. The other thing I don't like is that the part that actually holds the gun doesn't look like it has much structure.

Administrator

$27.00

For the price I thought that it would be pretty cheap to buy a couple or three & launder them during super hot weather.
    I know that the Kramer Shirt gets pretty B.O. Stinky after a couple of days in 90 plus degree weather.
    Looks inexpensive enough to try & if no good...then no great monetary loss.
    I might buy one for Weddings, Bar Mitzvahs & various other social functions.
    I like the idea of all cotton for this recent heat~wave type weather.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Looks like it would be hard to get to when it is under a shirt and it doesn't look like you could wear it any other way. You would have to pull the shirt up way farther than you would if it was IWB. SmartCarry looks like it would be quicker than this set up.
    Seek safety at the heart of danger.

Live Easy, Die Hard

Administrator

Q-ball

Yep, plan on ripping some shirt buttons if you need to get to your firearm in a hurry.
    Actually. I think Kramer sells an "overshirt" for their Confident Shirt with fake buttons that rips open with Velcro but, I guess you would need to buy 7 of them & wear one every day (for everyday carry)
    Who knows in advance what day they will need their carry firearm?
    For "deep cover" I guess a torn open shirt is a small price to pay to get to your firearm quicker.
    It still requires that extra action before the draw.
    For some folks that have no other carry choice but to "Deep Six" their firearm I guess this one would be a pretty safe bet.
    Either that or deep down in the drawers.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I've had one for several years. On-duty in uniform,I wear it over my protective vest, under my shirt with the garter strap through a loop in the vest carrier shoulder piece. I found the garter would slip down off my shoulder without some way of securing it. I carry a Glock 26 under right arm so it is accessabe to support hand. This holster has worked great for my needs. YMMV

Cool smartkangaroocarry holster

Any of you that have a smartcarry can make a kangaroo type holster out of it easily. Simply place your smartcarry loosely around your upper abdomen generally between your nipple line and belly button. Then go to a sewing store and get about 3 ft of nylon type belt material about 1 inch wide. Also buy 4 suspender clamps. Next have your significant(with sewing skill) other measure around from one side to the other over your shoulder and cut the belt material to length. Then add your suspender clamps. Basically what you are making here is a very short pair of suspenders. Clamp the suspenders to the smartcarry and your done! I like to use this setup in the winter. The gun is located at about 11:30 on my upper abd. and I just leave a button open for a very fast draw. Your gun is very concealed yet easily available esp. when you have a coat on or sitting in a vehicle.
    livin in the woods...feelin mighty good

Cool

I have been using the Kangaroo holster to carry my PT111 for the last few weeks. I am very impressed with it. My mother in law asked my wife the other day if I ever utilize my CC Permit...my wife laughed and said "He's been carrying everytime he has seen you since he got his permit." As you can tell, it is very well concealed....with the right clothing. I can't wear white T-shirts or it shows through. Some polo shirts that aren't loose enough show printing. When wearing an untucked Polo or Tshirt I can draw by using my left hand to pull my shirt up and then use my shooting hand to jerk the gun loose from the velcro strap. In a button up shirt I have been leaving one button open to access the gun, but my wife is going to experiment with sewing one button to the outside and putting velcro behind that so it doesn't have to look like I am unkept. :-) I find that when wearing an undershirt, carrying in it is quite comfortable. I have not tried to carry with it at work yet, because I could see someone seeing the outline of the strap and asking me about it...that is why I am **HAVING** to buy a pocket gun. All in all, the Kangaroo holster is well worth the money!

Oh one more thing...the model I have has two elastic straps that go over your shoulders for medium framed pistols.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Sorry, I have to say it. Who'd be stupid enough to try to rob that guy??? Nice beard!!!
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

It works for me, just use a smaller sized frame
    hand gun in it.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead79 View Post
    Sorry, I have to say it. Who'd be stupid enough to try to rob that guy??? Nice beard!!!

Since you said that i have to add that last week

I had a customer tell me having the full beard as i do right now defenetely was intemadating now Ive been to this lady's house at least6-7 times in the years Ive been a repair man so she has seen me with just a little goatee and shaveed head and in between what i am right now

Also said i bet no one messes with you when your out and about ya got that demeanor and a harley guy looks

I took it as a complement

It is funny to see the request for grizzy adams on the service orders though

Every Man To His Own Taste...

I don't think this rig would work for me...oh, it might work, but the cross band is not for this Florida climate...hard to cover...

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have one as I've posted before.I wear mostly western shirts with the snaps and leave the top snap undone and then grab between the 2nd and 3rd snaps with left hand and grab the gun with my right.Its real fast for me.sj

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links