Blade-Tech UCH

This is a discussion on Blade-Tech UCH within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Opinions? - lets hear the good, the bad and the ugly....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blade-Tech UCH

Blade-Tech UCH

Opinions? - lets hear the good, the bad and the ugly.

Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

2. Remove Ads

Thumbs up

I have had one for my daily carry P7 for a couple of months now. I find it works very well in either appendix or3:30/4 o'clock. I wear it 8-14 hours a day and am very pleased. I also have a VMII for my M8, but find this gets more use.
    Oh yeh? Well this was sent from the scary black electrical box under my desk, so there!
    "It aint how good you shoot, it's how cool you look doing it." [Fred Sayer 1994]
    H&K P7
    Colt XS, Star PD
    Caracal F

I've had mine two years now.
    Works for me excellent.

Tuckable, lightweight, doesn't hurt my hip, inexpensive and quick to acquire, modifyable cant, available in multiple lengths, it's black...what's not to like?

The UCH is my number one go to EDC holster.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

JD
    Administrator
    I had one for my Kahr PM40, it was great as a standard IWB, as for the tuckable option, well it just made it look like I had a Kahr shaped tumor on my hip.

When I carry behind the hip, I wear a cover garment. When I tuck it's appendix, a cell phone on the belt masks nicely. Works well for me, YMMV.
    Oh yeh? Well this was sent from the scary black electrical box under my desk, so there!
    "It aint how good you shoot, it's how cool you look doing it." [Fred Sayer 1994]
    H&K P7
    Colt XS, Star PD
    Caracal F

Cool

use this with SA XD .45 service at 3:30 or appendix. Love it, though occasionally, at 3:30, the grip will rock backwards a bit. I have girl hips and find this only happens when i wear stretchy girl jeans. I suspect that may not be a problem for you.

VIP Member
    I bought one for my SIG p-220R and I think it's the biggest POS I've ever wasted money on!

Sorry... still PO'ed about that one!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Have considered this holster several times... Will probably get one sometime after reading the fairly decent reviews here. (Thumpers experience not withstanding.)

I like the tuckable option. I would rarely use it as a tuckable, but nice to know I could if I really needed to.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I have one on now, tucked, with a Firestar M43. I originally got it because it was one of the only rigs I could find for the discontinued gun I love. Now I wear the thing constantly, even when I do not need to tuck.

What I also like about a Kydex holster is when I take off the gun before going to bed I can leave it in the holster inside the top drawer of my dresser. By coverringt he tirgger gaurd there is no chance of the trigger getting actuated accidentally and the Kydex does not retain moisture like leather.

When wearing it I prefer to have an undershirt but it does not stop me from using it without one.

How does the UCH fare as far as comfort and concealability? I see they make one for my P229, anyone here have a UCH for a midsize pistol like mine?

I have one for each of my Glocks and one for my PM9. I think its an awesome holster. I actually cut off the portion that protects your body from the slide. I always wear an undershirt so the slide doesnt bother me at all.

I've carried mine daily for over 10 years with my G27. No problems and still as good as new.

I have on for my P239. Its ok, but I prefer something leather for IWB.

Have one for my p239 9mm. Seldom use it, tried re drilling holes to get a more comfortable fit and get it to sit a bit lower. Put it aside for summer weather when sweat becomes a problem. Felt like it was not a good fit for a shorter bbl. pistol.

UCH - not a bad holster

I have one and used it to carry my G19 for almost two years. I have recently purchased a K&D Defender that I use now, but if I would feel fine with using the UCH again.

The main thing I liked about the UCH is how low it sat on the belt line. Not a whole lot of the pistol stuck up, but it didn't sit so low that it affect acquing a full grip to draw.

What I didn't like about the pistol is that is moved / tilted quite a bit due to it only having one fixed point of retention on the belt. This actually helped at times (like when getting into my car to drive).

Clint

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links