Anyone have an HBE rig

This is a discussion on Anyone have an HBE rig within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'd really love to have Sparks VM II ,but the cost and wait are concerns. I've noticed that HBE has a holster rather similar to ...

Thread: Anyone have an HBE rig

DM [OP]

Anyone have an HBE rig

I'd really love to have Sparks VM II ,but the cost and wait are concerns. I've noticed that HBE has a holster rather similar to the VM II and can be had for about $35 less. I know that only costs a nickle more to go first class, but I can reload quite a few 40S&W's for $35.The holster would be for a Sig 239.Any input would be great.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    Eric Larsen, the "E" of HBE is a member of this forum, and I'm sure that he'd be glad to answer any questions that you have. One of his models is the second highest rated holster on Rig Rate.

I don't own an HBE rig yet, but I have seen many examples of his work on the net and read many first hand reports of satisfied customers. I would consider his work as first class.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

I have had HBE leather, and the only reason I don't still have it is that it was part of a package deal when I had to sell the pistol. My wife has a COMIII from Eric, and it is first class. We still have the IWB rig he made for her Witness Compact, and it is also one of the nicest custom jobs around. You may wait a while, but it's worth it!
    Someday I'll get ahead, and get a COMIII for my PO1, as well - anticipation....
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

Quote Originally Posted by DM
    I'd really love to have Sparks VM II ,but the cost and wait are concerns...
    Lightning Arms Sports usually has VM-II's available for immediate shipment. Can't do anything about the price, but if you need it quick, they seem to be good folk.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

I know that only costs a nickle more to go first class
    I don't own any of Eric's holsters yet, but I have seen them first hand. They are first class. I have holsters from Sparks, Alessi, and Garrity which I love and Eric's would rate up there for me.

I'm still waiting on an HBE rig, going on 16 weeks now and past the second "it'll go out within a week"... so if it ever does get here, I hope it is what people say. I had no idea I'd essentially be giving out a 3+ month loan when I ordered.

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Actually Manchicken, youre gonna get two.....the first is done and would be shipped but it turned out to have a tad too much cant. Had a bad "angle day" or something. The one to your specs will be done on Monday and they both will ship then....I made you wait too long....so you can play with them both.
    Hope that helps......
    Shoot well.......Eric
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

I got one. I love it. Good things come to those that wait. I had to wait a while for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by tminer
    I got one. I love it. Good things come to those that wait. I had to wait a while for mine.
    He quoted me 10-12 weeks before mine would be ready. It's now week 11 and I'm salivating every day waiting on the mail lady (and certainly not b/c she's hot!!...The UPS lady...now that's another story. ) lol...I can't wait to get my hands on it. I ordered a black Com 3 tuckable with shark trim and 11* cant. Hope it doesn't go too far past 12 weeks though b/c I'm expecting a transfer at any time and don't want to play mail tag with my holster! lol

Im a couple of weeks behind currently.....so PM me if you need it sooner than that or email me. Sorry.....I wish I could let everyone know but its not possible.
    Shoot well.......

Please don't misunderstand...

Please don't misunderstand me Mr. Larsen. I'm not complaining. I'm just anxious to get my hands on your work is all. Right now all I have is a Fobus roto holster and that kinda limits my choices of clothes for concealability (luckily my shoulders are broader than my hips so it hides ok). The bureau is usually slow about making you move whenever they transfer you so all should be fine. I just didn't want you to think that I was knocking you, your work, or your lead time.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing." - Darth Vader

No worries.........Shoot well.

Sorry, haven't been able to read the forums much lately. But I just wanted to follow up and say Thanks - I did get both (!) holsters in the mail much to my surprise, as I hadn't read your message prior to their arrival.

1951 - 2011
    Hello. Yes. They are fine holsters in my experiences with them:

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/H...0by%20Eric.htm

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/I...%20Holster.htm

Best.

Links