SIG Holster Selection Help

This is a discussion on SIG Holster Selection Help within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Upon some good advice from several forum members here I bought a SIG P220 Carry and a Sig P239 from a good friend of mine, ...

Thread: SIG Holster Selection Help

Upon some good advice from several forum members here I bought a SIG P220 Carry and a Sig P239 from a good friend of mine, I couldnt pick between the two so I bought both....

I have already found a good holster for the P239 but am still looking for a good IWB for the P220 Carry, I would like to be able to carry under only a tshirt or untucked polo.........can it be done, dimensionally the P220 Carry isnt a whole heck of a lot bigger than the P239 but most seem to say it is much harder to conceal.......

What do you guys use and why? Can you carry under a t-shirt or polo untucked only?

Oh yeah I am 5'-11" and about 240 for a size reference.

Thanks
    Josh

VIP Member
    Yes sir... you and I are built the same and I have several SIGs, the P-220 Carry is my favorite.

I recommend a Milt Sparks VersaMax-II! It's what I use for all my IWB carry for every gun I own!

During warm weather I frequently carry under a t-shirt!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

That's good info right there. I'll be looking into that as well. Got my P220R three weeks ago. No carry rig yet. Been looking at the Don Hume H721. I do know I'd like something like it in that it has that body protector part that would keep the hammer and back of slide from digging into you. Heck---I can't even find aftermarket rubber grips to fit mine! It's the SAO with the safety and no decocker. I'd like the Hogue.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Yes sir... you and I are built the same and I have several SIGs, the P-220 Carry is my favorite.

I recommend a Milt Sparks VersaMax-II! It's what I use for all my IWB carry for every gun I own!

During warm weather I frequently carry under a t-shirt!
    Another vote for the VMII.

It's good to know some other can pull off a 220 under just a t-shirt

Anyone else?

VIP Member
    I carry my 228 (relatively close in size, if thicker) under an un-tucked polo or (long, heavy weight) t-shirt all the time. My normal off-duty holster is an Alessi IWB with a single Kydex clip. It's a great holster, but I am going to be buying a two-point attachment system holster very soon, because the pistol can occasionally tilt a bit inside the belt line. Not a MAJOR problem, but one that can be fixed with the two point, off-set belt loops/snaps/clips.

BTW, I'm tall and slim, and I suffer the occasional print when I bend over and such, but I've never been called out for being armed when I didn't want to be...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I carry my 229 in a UBG Canute. It has plenty of cant which helps tuck the butt of the gun into my kidney indent. A word of advice though, if you decide to go with this holster (which is a great value and a 3-5 week wait only), avoid putting any exotic trim (like shark like I did) because it adds to the thickness of the mouth. Sigs are already thick by themselves! Good luck with your holster search and let us know what you decide on!

PS. I also have a Brigade M-11 on order which looks like a sweet holster! I like it because it has a patch of extra leather under the muzzle (hence the closed bottom design) which helps stabilize the holster and prevents you from feeling that the gun is trying to go "over the top".

I have a P239 and a P220 as well. I carry my P220 in a Tucker Texas Heritage. It is the most comfortable IWB holster that I've ever used. I got it over a year ago and the wait was about two months. Now, I here the wait can be upwards of six months.

I have a P226ST with Hogue wrap-around grip. Before I got so sick, I carried in a Brommeland MaxCon V, and now that I am recovering my health I am looking forward to carrying in that rig, again. Not only does my pistol disappear, but I can carry a full-size stainless steel pistol and forget that it is there. I expect the same would be true for you with a P220, which is slimmer.

Yes, my order took a long time, due to material supplier issues, but the fit, function and craftsmanship were worth the wait. Oh, and I'm the guy Gary mentions, sometimes, whose dog ate his mag pouch within 24 hours of delivery. I rescue racing Greyhounds, and one of my foster hounds sniffed out my newly delivered leather and ate the mag pouch. I keep it as a reminder. I called Gary in distress, asking if it would be possible to purchase a replacement, and he sent me one, gratis.

I would definitely recommend the MaxCon V for IWB carry.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

My EDC is a HK P2SK, but I do carry (when I can) a 229R in a MTAC rig.

Have not carried my 220 Carry Elite ST yet-to ME, its too heavy.
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

I carry my p220 Carry under a tshirt most of the time, good belt/holster is all thats needed. I had a CompTac CTAC and used that with good results as i waited for my milt sparks VM2.
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

Lead Moderator
    Just have to add the disclaimer.... While I also use a VMII for my SIG 239, your mileage may vary! Holsters are one of those personal type things, and a whole lot of variables go into the "perfect" carry holster!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

I have a Sig 245 that I carry in a M-tac. The most comfortable holster I have eve worn.

I sometimes "roll" with a P220 Compact in a AKJ Concealco made for a P229.

Another option is the Comp-Tac MTAC made for a Sig Sauer P245.
    Go Glock - until you can afford H&K

Sponsored Links