Riddle me this???

This is a discussion on Riddle me this??? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Why does it take so long to get holsters? I have seen a waiting period of up to 26 weeks to get a holster... I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Riddle me this???

Riddle me this???

Why does it take so long to get holsters? I have seen a waiting period of up to 26 weeks to get a holster...

I know, one must pay for quality, but shouldnt business realize that we "ccw'ers" are impulse buyers...well, I know I am...and would like to get a holster as soon as I see one that I like.

Does anyone know of a quality holster that may be in stock...somewhere....so that I can go and purchase one? I dont want to NOT carry because I dont have a holster for my new babeeeeee!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Rex, go to the local gun shop and buy a nylon cheapie so you can carry - then sit back and wait for your quality holster. So many are ordered and have to be custom made it takes time. My latest has been on order since April 23rd. Don't expect to see it until next year.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

check www.topgunsupply.com or one of the various other holster suppliers. If you want a milt sparks they usually have a few in stock (I know they had some last week) or go to the milt sparks site and they have a list of suppliers. There is also a holster supplier on the list on this site that has quite a few instock.
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

Assistant Administrator
    Why does it take so long to get holsters?
    IMO it is down to a small business, making quality goods, often with much hand work - receiving lots of orders because they are good - but only able to produce (and maintain quality) at a finite rate.

Bespoke (custom) of almost anything good will often involve a wait - demand usually exceeds supply. Not uncommon.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
    Why does it take so long to get holsters? I have seen a waiting period of up to 26 weeks to get a holster...

Does anyone know of a quality holster that may be in stock...somewhere....so that I can go and purchase one? I dont want to NOT carry because I dont have a holster for my new babeeeeee!
    There are quality holsters in stock somewhere. You don't mention what pistol you need a holster for.

By the way, some waits are even longer than 26 weeks. Plan ahead and make do for now.

Del Fatti ISP-4
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

I would like an IWB for a G29. I have called Lightening Arms...no luck, Kesslerings...no luck, Wade's....no luck.

I have tried to find a couple of cheap ones....no luck. I am down to using duct tape and a batting glove...not really, but dang. I dont mind the wait for a quality holster...because I dont plan on having a drawer full...at least I hope not.

Yeah - many options - Lightning arms for sure though you pay good money for not having to wait. You might also consider kydex ... the custom kydex holster makers get their products out in a timely fashion.

You could also buy an off the shelf galco while placing an order with K&D, Mitch Rosen, UBG, or whoever.

Kydex:
    http://www.bearclawholsters.com
    http://www.hillsmanholster.com
    http://www.rmholsters.com
    http://www.comp-tac.com

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    The majority if not all are one man shops and some of these work other full time jobs in addition to making holsters. Most of these shops give priority to anyone military or civilian being deployed rightfully so IMO and some get massive government orders (in the thousands) which have dates they must be completed by. Good things come to those patient enough to wait and once you get your hands on a true "custom" holster, you'll know what I mean. Depending on what gun you need one for you might try Lightning Arms Sports, Top Gun Supply and Alan Yoast Firearms. LAS is a dealer for Alessi, DelFatti and Sparks, Top Gun for Sparks and K&D and Yoast for Sparks. Brownells also has some Sparks and Rosen models available. BTW, Kramer can usually deliver a custom rig in a few weeks and offers priority for those willing to spend a few extra bucks. Something else you may notice is that some shops are not taking any orders till they get caught up with their current backlog. You can either thank Bush and Cheney or the fact that CCW is really catching on!

T-Rex,

If you think you have it bad, trying to find quality holsters in stock, try being left-handed!

Adds a whole new level of fun.

All of this reminds me I need to place an order or two.

B.

Quote Originally Posted by P7fanatic View Post
    There are quality holsters in stock somewhere. You don't mention what pistol you need a holster for.

By the way, some waits are even longer than 26 weeks. Plan ahead and make do for now.

Del Fatti ISP-4
    Wow, that is one sweet rig. I just ordered one from Del Fatti yesterday, and was told at least an 18 month wait. I don't mind waiting, I have other quality leather to hold me over.

I'm not real bad into the 'custom for me' thing. Most of what I have to carry can be bought for at my local firearms shops. Seen, tried, tested, and smelled (nothing like zip-locked leather). I've only bought one mail order, and that was a Mitch Rosen 'upper limit express' holster for my G27. Everything else has been bought and paid for on site, in real time. I may see what I want online, but will find it locally within the day. Nylon, plastic, or leather. I'm not one for anticipation, and when I want something, I usually act immediately. I guess if holsters were serial numbered, and a collectible item, I'd wait whatever necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    IMO it is down to a small business, making quality goods, often with much hand work - receiving lots of orders because they are good - but only able to produce (and maintain quality) at a finite rate.

Bespoke (custom) of almost anything good will often involve a wait - demand usually exceeds supply. Not uncommon.
    Agreed; pick a good custom-made holster from one of the craftsmen on this site, place your order, and then go get a mass-produced holster, made for your gun, for interim carry. It won't set you back too much AND it'll be a good back up. Or, you can always sell the barely broken in holster when your new one arrives. Good luck.

cray

Distinguished Member
    Answer-----perfection takes time.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links