Shoulder Holster II

This is a discussion on Shoulder Holster II within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sorry to do this guys...but the last "Shoulder Holster" thread hasnt had a post since July and I am seriously frustrated with this whole thing. ...

Thread: Shoulder Holster II

Shoulder Holster II

Sorry to do this guys...but the last "Shoulder Holster" thread hasnt had a post since July and I am seriously frustrated with this whole thing. I just bought a Galco Miami Rig II for my H&K p2000sk. I hate it!!!! Sorry to any Galco fans out there....it was a nice lookin one I guess, and I will say I liked the holster itself but the rig sucked!! The straps are skinny and eaisly get twisted trying to put it on and its just not practical. I need something that I can put on and then draw it down to be tight.....like adjusting a bookbag! I have been looking in a few places and like the looks of the Fobus Shoulder rig because it can be adjusted after you put it on. However....i havent heard one good thing about Fobus!! I will pay whatever...I dont care about price. Someone please just point me in the direction of a good adjustable shoulder rig! I dont care if its leather or not. I would like it to fit my H&K the same way the galco did....and I prefer it to have the strap that secures the gun into place....i think thats the thumb guard style??

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb914 View Post
    Sorry to do this guys...but the last "Shoulder Holster" thread hasnt had a post since July and I am seriously frustrated with this whole thing. I just bought a Galco Miami Rig II for my H&K p2000sk. I hate it!!!! Sorry to any Galco fans out there....it was a nice lookin one I guess, and I will say I liked the holster itself but the rig sucked!! The straps are skinny and eaisly get twisted trying to put it on and its just not practical. I need something that I can put on and then draw it down to be tight.....like adjusting a bookbag! I have been looking in a few places and like the looks of the Fobus Shoulder rig because it can be adjusted after you put it on. However....i havent heard one good thing about Fobus!! I will pay whatever...I dont care about price. Someone please just point me in the direction of a good adjustable shoulder rig! I dont care if its leather or not. I would like it to fit my H&K the same way the galco did....and I prefer it to have the strap that secures the gun into place....i think thats the thumb guard style??

Generally speaking a shoulder holster is fitted to you and then left alone, and not worn "drawn tight". You may be expecting more from this type of rig than they typically deliver.

Lead Moderator
    All the shoulder rigs I have seen/ used drape over you , more than snug up. I don't think you would be comfortable with a rig pulled tight anyway. I would ride you armpits too much.
    I would suggest starting with a cheap Uncle Mikes shoulder rig, to see if this type of holster will suit your needs.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    All the shoulder rigs I have seen/ used drape over you , more than snug up.
    ...true...and where s/h's are better vs worse are how well they drape on you. I tried the Miami Classic and it just never hung right. It never fit me right. Also, the vertical mag pouches were not reachable by me. Then I snagged an Alessi Bodyguard and it was like the skies parted and everything worked.

My advice is to email Lou Alessi and wait patiently for a Bodyguard. It's well worth asking for the horizontal mag pouch option.

Monarch from Andrews Leather. Do a search. A lot of very satisfied users. No disrespect to Alessi, but for my needs the Monarch was far superior to the Bodyguard. Just my personal experience.

I wear the Galco Jackass shoulder holster that supports two 1911's..it fits nice, very confortable..it has the two support tabs that secure to your belt and snap to the holsters to limit swing outs. Front straps are just a little wider than the back straps..so far I am happy with this unit. The cross section in the rear is below your neck, across your shoulders so there is no pinching of your neck hairs.

I have seen alot on the Lou Alessi Products and heard very good things but dont know where to buy his holsters. Also, Im hearing it could take a long time to recieve your product....at least thats what I get from what little I have read. I am gonna take a look at the Monarch right now....thanks Elijuez. Also, thanks to everyone replying to this post. This stupid issue is consuming me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by kjb914 View Post
    I have seen alot on the Lou Alessi Products and heard very good things but dont know where to buy his holsters. Also, Im hearing it could take a long time to recieve your product....at least thats what I get from what little I have read. I am gonna take a look at the Monarch right now....thanks Elijuez. Also, thanks to everyone replying to this post. This stupid issue is consuming me right now.
    Some Alessi stuff is on eBay. To get new Alessi, there's either Lightning Arms, or email Alessi directly. Odds are, you'll wait over 6 months, probably well over.

Monarch looks good on paper and a lot of people swear by them. I always thought their "lower backstrap" option was very innovative.

Chances are you'll actually have product within 2 months, unlike most other custom shops. (...ETA: but only if it's in stock. Otherwise you wait. The other issue is that you have a semi-obscure gun, which they may or may not be familiar with).

Links