Garrity Gun Leather

This is a discussion on Garrity Gun Leather within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Should be Garrity. I have become really interested in custom gun leather...if any body has been reading my recent posts. I have noticed K&D, UBG, ...

Thread: Garrity Gun Leather

Garrity Gun Leather

Should be Garrity. I have become really interested in custom gun leather...if any body has been reading my recent posts. I have noticed K&D, UBG, and Sparks. Does anyone own one or have any experience with their stuff. They appear well made. I like the looks of the Triskel. Let me know.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    By all accounts, it is excellent leather, with a looooong (and often under-represented) wait time.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I guess I got lucky (I know I got lucky) on wait times with Mark Garrity. His holsters are very nice. I have seen several in person - beautiful stuff he can do with exotics. I have an Incognito Deluxe in plain ol' black. I like it a lot!

Austin

Very nice, but as far as I can tell in most cases, he is currently running over 1 year wait time.

I have several of his holsters and will buy more in the future. I the triscal is top notch. You can't go wrong with Marks stuff. He and Matt Delfatti and Lou Alessi are as good as it gets.

Good Luck!
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

VIP Member
    Garrity's stuff looks good and I have heard very good reports from those who have his holsters but I have had my order in for 8 months and no reply to my e-mails.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member
    Yep...10 or 11 months, fiscal year ended in the interim, I tried to contact him to tell him that my purchase order would be canceled if he didn't charge the account.... Still no response, and that was October...

So, great leather, but he seems to be overwhelmed right now.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I have a suggestion for those holster makers that seem to be bogged down by phone calls and emails...

Give a reasonably accurate lead time or post what month orders you are working on.

99% of those emails and phone calls could be avoided if realistic time estimates were given upfront. If you tell me it's going to take 12 months, then you won't hear from me for 12 months. If you tell me it's going to take 3 months, and 4 months has gone by, you'd better expect a phone call or email.
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

Administrator
    Our sponsor holster makers are already doing that to the best of their ability as are other fine leather workers such as UBG Holsters and Bruce Gibson at GibsonProRodeo.
    It's something that they are pretty much all keenly aware of at this point in time.
    Just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
    I have a suggestion for those holster makers that seem to be bogged down by phone calls and emails...

Give a reasonably accurate lead time or post what month orders you are working on.

99% of those emails and phone calls could be avoided if realistic time estimates were given upfront. If you tell me it's going to take 12 months, then you won't hear from me for 12 months. If you tell me it's going to take 3 months, and 4 months has gone by, you'd better expect a phone call or email.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    Mark's leather biz is a side job for him, he's a full time LEO and has been working tons of forced overtime due to personnel shortages in his department. Not making excuses but thats the way it is. Personally, I have had an order in for about a year but I know that I'll get what I pay for when it arrives.

Administrator
    Addition:
    To answer your question Yes, Garrity holsters are well made and he is a fine holster maker. His leather is great.
    I'm just not sure where this thread can go from here except for...I got mine in 3 days and I got mine in 3 months and it's been 3 years and I still don't have mine.
    He is busy. - He is not busy right now. - He is a nice guy. - I called him and he answered right away. - I tried calling him 5 times and he never called me back.

And after it's all said and done all that you're going to be able to ATTEMPT to do is weigh the number of people who are still waiting - against the number of people that got their holster "Pronto" - against the number of people that said they never got their holster...and that is STILL not going to tell you If & Exactly When you'll get yours.
    Safeguard your own transaction if you have any doubt as if you'll get your order when promised. That is the only answer.
    C. Y. A. by paying with a major credit card.

My suggestion would be to attempt to contact him and then place an order should you ultimately decide to order...prior to doing that FIND OUT from your major credit card company what their specifics are concerning disputing a credit card order should the possibility happen that you place any order with your credit card and your merchandise is not received by a promised shipping date - then if you do not have your holster by that date...simply make one 5 minute call to your credit card company - dispute the charge on your card - your credit card company should then immediately refund your account & then they will attempt to collect their money (not yours) from the business in question - you'll already have your money back & then you can just order another from a different maker.
    Most major credit cards guarantee all Internet credit card transactions but, some have time limits. So you need to find that out ahead of time.
    Then when you talk to the maker you say: Hey, OK you're promising me this in (whatever) # or weeks/months but, my C.C. company will only guarantee this transaction for XX weeks or XX # of months so...if I don't have my holster by XX then I need to dispute it.
    Then you'll either get it or you won't BUT, one thing you won't get is screwed out of your money.
    VIOLA! - It's So Simple!
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Links