Where's my holster? - Page 10

Where's my holster?

This is a discussion on Where's my holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by gym After reading a few pages of this thread, I can't understand waiting over a year for anything, including a mail order ...

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Where's my holster?

Quote Originally Posted by gym View Post
    After reading a few pages of this thread, I can't understand waiting over a year for anything, including a mail order bride, in a ferrari, that's called fraud. After a "reasonable" amount of time, you either return the money, or ship the merchandise. There is a certain amount of time that is considered reasonable, probablly ,90 days, that's ,90 , days after you were told you were going to recieve your stuff. If I were you guys, I would get on this guys case with the BBB, they have worked for me very well in the past, and get your holster from another source, something sounds fishey with this year or 2 year stuff. I waited a month or 2 or 3 even, from some of the top holster makers, "when a new model" gun would first come out, and was notified along the way with email, or phone call "before computers", but some of this stuff is just outrageous behavior.
    While I agree, it's not exactly fraud, it is however, something else that could get him in trouble:

FTC Mail or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule.

It applies to mail, telephone or internet orders...

The crux of the ruling:

What is the Mail or Telephone Order Rule?

The Rule requires that when you advertise merchandise, you must have a reasonable basis for stating or implying that you can ship within a certain time. If you make no shipment statement, you must have a reasonable basis for believing that you can ship within 30 days. That is why direct marketers sometimes call this the "30-day Rule."

If, after taking the customerís order, you learn that you cannot ship within the time you stated or within 30 days, you must seek the customerís consent to the delayed shipment. If you cannot obtain the customerís consent to the delay -- either because it is not a situation in which you are permitted to treat the customerís silence as consent and the customer has not expressly consented to the delay, or because the customer has expressly refused to consent -- you must, without being asked, promptly refund all the money the customer paid you for the unshipped merchandise.
    I'm just throwing this out there for those of you that may think somehow this is par for the course. I hate this type of problem and I hope you can all resolve it some other way without having to resort to using the Feds.

Good luck whatever you do.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Thanks for that info.
    Everyone that has read this thread knows how i feel.
    I will give him his week toget me my money back. It is already promised to someone else.
    No money in a weekI may try this route.
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I think I would call the DA in whatever county he lives in and see what they think about it.

open letter to mr. brommeland customers

I just sent the following e-mail to Mr. Brommeland:

Mr.Brommeland-

Since I have not been able to pry my hard-earned money from your unworthy hand I have contacted the asst. attorney in your county (connie trobaugh 423-581-6700). She is referring me to the county sheriff randy mitchell. If I don't have my 91.95 refund in my hand by friday 01/25 the legal freight train is heading in your direction. Enough is enough.

Stay tuned folks.

lol I just sent this one

I don't know who you think you are, but if my money that you have had for 18 months is not here in the next two days, I swear I will write letters to your county d.a. , the state a.g., there is such thing as two day, next day air . I don't care how it gets here but it better get here. I will make a part time job out of this. #136
    matiki

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gym
    After reading a few pages of this thread, I can't understand waiting over a year for anything, including a mail order bride, in a ferrari, that's called fraud. After a "reasonable" amount of time, you either return the money, or ship the merchandise. There is a certain amount of time that is considered reasonable, probablly ,90 days, that's ,90 , days after you were told you were going to recieve your stuff. If I were you guys, I would get on this guys case with the BBB, they have worked for me very well in the past, and get your holster from another source, something sounds fishey with this year or 2 year stuff. I waited a month or 2 or 3 even, from some of the top holster makers, "when a new model" gun would first come out, and was notified along the way with email, or phone call "before computers", but some of this stuff is just outrageous behavior.

While I agree, it's not exactly fraud, it is however, something else that could get him in trouble:

FTC Mail or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule.

It applies to mail, telephone or internet orders...

The crux of the ruling:

Quote:
    What is the Mail or Telephone Order Rule?

The Rule requires that when you advertise merchandise, you must have a reasonable basis for stating or implying that you can ship within a certain time. If you make no shipment statement, you must have a reasonable basis for believing that you can ship within 30 days. That is why direct marketers sometimes call this the "30-day Rule."

If, after taking the customerís order, you learn that you cannot ship within the time you stated or within 30 days, you must seek the customerís consent to the delayed shipment. If you cannot obtain the customerís consent to the delay -- either because it is not a situation in which you are permitted to treat the customerís silence as consent and the customer has not expressly consented to the delay, or because the customer has expressly refused to consent -- you must, without being asked, promptly refund all the money the customer paid you for the unshipped merchandise.

I'm just throwing this out there for those of you that may think somehow this is par for the course. I hate this type of problem and I hope you can all resolve it some other way without having to resort to using the Feds.

Good luck whatever you do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Something is fixing to give and it better be my money. $250.00

Quote Originally Posted by steven gruber View Post
    I just sent the following e-mail to Mr. Brommeland:

Mr.Brommeland-

Since I have not been able to pry my hard-earned money from your unworthy hand I have contacted the asst. attorney in your county (connie trobaugh 423-581-6700). She is referring me to the county sheriff randy mitchell. If I don't have my 91.95 refund in my hand by friday 01/25 the legal freight train is heading in your direction. Enough is enough.

Stay tuned folks.

Was it a long time ago when you asked for a refund? What was his respond?
    I carry a gun cause I can't carry a cop.

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    The Hun started it, everything else needs to do the same. This guy needs a serious wakeup call!

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Has anybody from here received an order from Brommeland lately?
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by USPnTX View Post
    Has anybody from here received an order from Brommeland lately?
    I hear Coal Creek has.

Sorry, I had to say it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I'm so sorry this has happened! I've done business with Gary for years, and he's been honest as can be. I love his products, and believe he is trying to catch up and do right for his mistakes. Yes, deceptive and untruthful excuses are wrong, but he suffered sincere health issues. That is NOT an excuse for blowing off customers. I can only hope that he gets his stuff together and is accepted back into the world of custom leatherworkers where he used to be! I still have faith in your comeback Gary!
    Tracy

WOW, glad I got my refund months ago. After waiting many months past the original due date, I canceled my order with Gary and got a refund in short order.

I got burned by Ranger Gun Leather, no refund, no holster no response. ANY purchase I make now for leather is by credit card only. The waiting game on custom stuff is be coming a crap shoot with some vendors lately.

I've got a custom cowboy rig coming from another vendor and I hope he is on time. So far he has not disappointed anyone I know who bought his products.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    I've done business with Gary for years, and he's been honest as can be.
    AZ Husker,

I accept your experience with Gary at face value and believe what you're saying. I've read about others that had good experiences with Gary as well. I had read good things about him and that's why I wanted to do business with him in the first place.

I hope that you can respect that many others have not experienced that honest side of Gary, myself included. Since I ordered $300+ worth of gear from Gary the first day he opened shop in Sneedville (Sept 12, 2005), I should have been first in line for goods. Apparently he put you, CCA, and 600 others ahead of me and my money, plus all of the orders that did get filled in the 20 months before his heart problems. He put me off with false promises, time and time again. "I'll get to it, it's drying and waiting for acrylic dip, it's one week out, it's two weeks out."

Finally, over 2 years later I appealed to Defensive Carry. They put me in contact with Gary and we struck a deal. He was to get me my order by November 1, 2007. He failed with absolutely no word of apology or information whatsoever. When I asked him two months later to please fill my order in the order it was taken by him, he cancelled it. No apology for keeping my money for 2.5 years, no interest or remuneration for the UNAUTHORIZED charge, no refund at the current prices. Nothing. There are 600 reasons Gary "resigned" as moderator then three weeks later this thread opened.

I love a comeback story and think the world of Eric for MAKING THINGS RIGHT with his customers, being honest with them and communicating up front the status of orders. Gary has done none of that. In fact he has actively lied, taken $10s of thousands of dollars up front, and deceived 600 of us about the true nature of our orders. He's reaping what he very actively and deliberately sowed over 2.5 years, and I hope you can appreciate this side of Gary as well as your own experience. This situation was not an accident, but hundreds of deliberate, irresponsible and dishonest decisions on Gary's part. He had a lot of chances to come clean, act with integrity and honesty, and he chose few of them. I'm thinking of contacting the BBB myself, just to go on record with my experience of him.
    Flfiremedic likes this.

Business reality

The tip of the holster producers long delayed wake up call and operating your own business with the real world legal responsibilities.
    "Politicians and Bureaucrats, depend very much on the complicity of their victims, and like criminals, are flummoxed when we don't play the victim role."

Quote Originally Posted by tabsr View Post
    The tip of the holster producers long delayed wake up call and operating your own business with the real world legal responsibilities.
    Most are quite good craftsmen, and manage their businesses to high ethical standards. Let's not lump them all together. This is still and industry that amazes me at just how far these craftsmen will go to produce a superior product and delight their customers.

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links