Where's my holster? - Page 11

Where's my holster?

This is a discussion on Where's my holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by RobbW Most are quite good craftsmen, and manage their businesses to high ethical standards. Let's not lump them all together. This is ...

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Where's my holster?

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbW View Post
    Most are quite good craftsmen, and manage their businesses to high ethical standards. Let's not lump them all together. This is still and industry that amazes me at just how far these craftsmen will go to produce a superior product and delight their customers.
    Very true! I can say that most of the makers I've done business with were not just good craftsmen but pretty damn good guys too. Two that stand out in my mind, Lou Alessi and Gordon Davis. Both guys were just a pleasure to talk to. There are others, I'm sure but those two stand out for me.

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    I agree, I have done business with Lou, Tony Kanaley at Sparks, John Ralston of 5SHot and Alex Nossar. All are exceptionally talented craftsmen and superior businessman. In the long run the bad ones will suffer for their practices and hopefully the new talent in this profession will learn a lesson from thier behavior.

"Kiss my ass, . I've got to tell you that based upon your (very erratic) behavior, I believe that you need professional help . I told you that I would refund your money - what more do you want? Get help."

Gary Brommeland
    Brommeland Gunleather
    Holsters Concealment Systems Gunleather Concealed Carry for Weapons
    P. O. Box 813, Sneedville, TN 37869

Thats Gary's reply, I don't disagree (or do I) anyway, come monday if I don't have my refund I will sell my pistol,blood, truck whatever to pay a lawyer and sue him for something.
    18 months and he won't make my order.
    He cancelled my order on the 17th and he can't get me a refund in a week.
    Notice he said "I would refund you money" not I just sent it out.
    I will start with the D.A. and S.O. good luck to the rest of you.
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

He has had my money for 18 months.
    He found out on the 14th about my BBB complaint and that is when he cancelled my order.
    In my BBB statement all I wanted was what I paid for.
    It has been 10 days since he cancelled my order.
    IYO how much longer should I wait for him to write a check and walk to the mail box.
    There is nothing about this whole ordeal that is normal.
    I need that $250.00 to secure another purchase that I don't want to lose .
    So 10 days not enough time, I was giving him 2 weeks.
    To give me my money back. He has done nothing but lie about delv. dates more than a dozen times.
    Why should I give him a break, he has done nothing for me, other than lie and get smart.
    Have you read this thread. What about this is normal business practice.
    HOW MUCH LONGER SHOULD I WAIT!!! IYO

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

dhm
    If enough people complain to the Tennessee Consumers Affairs Division, you might get their attention. Try:
    Consumer Affairs
    500 James Robertson Pkwy
    Nashville, TN 37243-0600
    Phone: 615-741-4737
    Fax: 615: 532-4994
    Inside TN: 800-342-8385

I just added his number tomy list , thanks
    I give him till fri.
    We will see

Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    He has had my money for 18 months.
    He found out on the 14th about my BBB complaint and that is when he cancelled my order.
    In my BBB statement all I wanted was what I paid for.
    It has been 10 days since he cancelled my order.
    IYO how much longer should I wait for him to write a check and walk to the mail box.
    There is nothing about this whole ordeal that is normal.
    I need that $250.00 to secure another purchase that I don't want to lose .
    So 10 days not enough time, I was giving him 2 weeks.
    To give me my money back. He has done nothing but lie about delv. dates more than a dozen times.
    Why should I give him a break, he has done nothing for me, other than lie and be a smart ass.
    Have you read this thread. What about this is normal business practice.
    HOW MUCH LONGER SHOULD I WAIT!!! IYO

In my opinion, if your order was cancelled 10 days ago, then yes, giving him 2 weeks to send a refund is plenty of time. If a business demands payment up front for a product with a 90 day initial shipping time, then 2 weeks for a refund is plenty of time. If an order is cancelled by a reputable business, then there is no reason why a refund should not be sent that same day. If they demand payment immediately, then they should give refunds immediately as well. I think that some of you awaiting refunds and/or holsters should band together, and notify the authorities as a group. 3 or 4 people complaining to the authorities would most certainly get their attention and make them take action better than a one person complaining.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Anyone want to join in pm me.
    If I don't have my money by fri. I'm spending 8 hours monday calling everyone in tn. that will listen.
    Gary has not been on since the 18th
    If any of his friends read this you may want to tell him to drop by.
    or don't
    He has made enough money in intrest on unfilled orders he could overnight it, or bring it himself. Better yet the first option would be a better idea.

DC Founder
    I posted this thread so people would have a place to communicate their situation regarding holster problems with those makers that have not been delivering. It was never intended as a pulpit from which to editorialize or give the membership, in general, a blow by blow description of every step taken to extract justice, but seems to have taken that turn.

This thread is for those of you that have a problem to communicate those problems and, once resolved, inform everyone of the outcome. If you don't have a pending holster order, I ask that you refrain from posting here. If you do have a pending order, feel free to make a post with the details and, upon resolution another post of what the final situation is. All other posts to this thread will be subject to being deleted. If the thread does not get back to it's intended focus, it will be closed.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I was emailed by gary yesterday at 12:30 saying my refund will be going out now.
    Later at 2:30 he emailed me saying he just got back from the post office and it went first class.
    Now the crazy thing about this is
    I am done with gary brommeland.
    Best of luck with the rest of you.
    THANKS FOR THE HELP THERE IS NO DOUBT THIS THREAD
    GOT ME MY REFUND FASTER, THANKS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok , how can i say this I did get my check from MR. brommeland, will post if it bounces. THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post

This thread is for those of you that have a problem to communicate those problems and, once resolved, inform everyone of the outcome. If you don't have a pending holster order, I ask that you refrain from posting here. If you do have a pending order, feel free to make a post with the details and, upon resolution another post of what the final situation is. All other posts to this thread will be subject to being deleted. If the thread does not get back to it's intended focus, it will be closed.
    Pretty clear, Sir! Thank you!

I currently have a IWB holster order with one of the manufacturers. It is still within the "promise time" so I'll leave their name off this post for now.

I never pay with a check because a credit card has the power of the chargeback should the deal go south. My card has been charged for this order and when the promise date comes and goes (with some reasonable extra time for unforeseens, of course) and I don't have my order, I will call the credit card company and dispute the charge for goods not received.

I don't like to play hard ball with companies, but I will if I have to. I only ask that a company does what it says it is going to do. Nothing more, nothing less.

Btw- credit card companies require that a merchant send a written notice to the consumer if an order cannot be filled within 30 days of charging the card. I know this because I am a merchant in another industry. Additional fees charged by a merchant for using a credit card is also a no-no. A merchant could risk losing his/her account for this practice.

When my order arrives, or is delayed unreasonably, I will report back with more details, including the name of the manufacturer.

Thanks for listening.
    225th SAC "Phantom Hawk" - US Army - Vietnam 1969-70

I just received a refund from Gary Brommeland. The thing is - I didn't ask for one. I also never called, emailed or posted anywhere complaining or even asking when my holster would be done. I just got a check, wrapped in a piece of paper, with no explanation.

I ordered a holster and mag pouch (eventually 2 pouches) for a 1911 back in March (or so) of 2007. I recently decided to change my EDC to a Glock 19. I emailed Gary and asked to change my order to fit a G19. Remy replied. She was very polite. Said no problem. Commented how much they liked their Glocks.

Then today, I get a refund check. I guess I'll never find out if a Brommeland holster is worth the wait.

JD
    Administrator
    OK guys, that's two. I whole heartedly suggest you read and heed Bumpers post which is now quoted twice above this one.

Just so everyone is clear, we'll quote part of it again:

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    If you don't have a pending holster order, I ask that you refrain from posting here. If you do have a pending order, feel free to make a post with the details and, upon resolution another post of what the final situation is. All other posts to this thread will be subject to being deleted. If the thread does not get back to it's intended focus, it will be closed.

update for mr brommeland customers

Folks,

I guess a little bad press, possible fraud investigation and negative feedback goes a long way. I received a refund check from Mr. Brommeland. I consider this matter closed. I want to thank the adminstration for allowing this thread to post "houston we got a problem" concerns about a very small percentage of holster makers. Best of luck to all who are still experiencing difficulties-I hope it is a positive outcome.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Links