Where's my holster?

This is a discussion on Where's my holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In keeping with the guidelines of this thread, I will mention that I have an order pending with Brommeland leather. The order was placed on ...

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Where's my holster?

In keeping with the guidelines of this thread, I will mention that I have an order pending with Brommeland leather. The order was placed on Feb 2, 2007. I have had several email exchanges over the last year, with estimates of delivery ranging from 3 mo to 3 weeks. The last estimate was in late Nov, 2007, with a delivery promised in 3 weeks. As of last week, no delivery. I requested a refund and will post the resolution of the case when it occurs.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Well, I finally gave up today. I sent an email asking for my refund from Brommeland. I figured 18 months was more than enough time to make a holster. Will post when refund is ordered.
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Just for the record, I've experienced the same issues that you guys have so I won't rehash them now. $330 plus dollars worth of stuff ordered in July of 2006 (Max Con V for XD45 Service /w mag pouch, Max Con V for Glock 27 w/ mag pouch, and a belt.). No idea what the status of my order is. Haven't heard anything since Jan 2007. I feel the same way you guys do, however, I hope Gary can get back on his feet and begin to get things worked out. His products wouldn't get the praise that they have if they weren't some of the best holster that money could buy. I really hope He can find a way to work this out. I'm not someone who has a disposable income.
    Cheers,
    Jason F
    San Antonio TX

I had an order for a Maxcon VI placed about a year ago. My card was charged in June. I had made a few status calls and Remy was VERY polite on the phone. She did tell me that my holster would be sent out in a few weeks each time I spoke to her. But she was just so nice and pleasant on the phone that I couldn't get mad. I understand that Gary had health issues and I didn't call for a long time after that.

It finally got to the point that I was tired of reading about all the members here getting the holsters from Coal Creek in a matter of days while I waited almost a year. So I cancelled my order with Gary and received a refund check in 3 weeks.

Good luck to all of you that are experiencing difficulties.
    Last edited by JD; February 15th, 2008 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Removed off topic content.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by Silica View Post
    In keeping with the guidelines of this thread, I will mention that I have an order pending with Brommeland leather. The order was placed on Feb 2, 2007. I have had several email exchanges over the last year, with estimates of delivery ranging from 3 mo to 3 weeks. The last estimate was in late Nov, 2007, with a delivery promised in 3 weeks. As of last week, no delivery. I requested a refund and will post the resolution of the case when it occurs.
    I received my refund check this week. So after one year, no holster, several unfulfilled promises, and now a refund. In addition, only two profanities in reply to my refund request. I'm satisfied with the outcome; lesson learned.

JD
    Administrator
    In short, if you're not reporting a problem, or the resolution of a problem with a holster order from a holster maker, DON'T POST HERE.

Any other longstanding Brommeland customer receive thier holster lately?

Based on some back of the envelope calculations, on the ~600 orders I recall him having outstanding in July, and the ~190 he had left at around year end, he should be about finished up with the backlog of orders sometime around the end of March +/-. I am still waiting and hoping to see mine in the next month or so.

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    So asked for a refund on the 31st of January - received my check on the 27th of February. I must say this whole ordeal leaves me somewhat drained. After 19 months of waiting I have absolutely nothing to show for my time. Not even an apology - in fact I think they were happy I cancelled my order. Oh well, caveat emptor!!

Now I get to start the process all over with K&D and Tucker.
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Gary Brommeland

I placed an order with Brommeland Mar 07. Around Sep 07 I ordered an additional mag pouch. I was charged each time the order was placed. I was told at that time my order should be coming up soon. I think Gary has a different meaning of soon than everyone else does. In early January, I became concerned and started searching around to find out if the guy of even still alive since his website had not been updated since July, and I ended up here. Jan. 22ed, I asked for a refund. I did not receive it until February 19th. I asked Gary about the ColdCreek situation and was told they ordered their holsters a year before my order. Just a thought, if he had this Coldcreek order, why did he even take my order. It seems like he had no intention of filling it anyway. What a total waste of time. I will never order anything from him again and I would not advise anyone else to do so either. Good Luck to anyone else with an order.

I placed my order for a Max Con V and double mag pouch 10/06. I'm going to stick it out just a little longer. If I don't receive anything within a couple more months I think I'll have to consider requesting a refund. I really would still like to have the holster and mag pouch because of what I've read about the quality. But there comes a time when you may just have to cut your losses.
    If Gary would just open up the communication lines a little I think it would do wonders for his business. I wouldn't mind if he said it will be the end of April and then have it ready by then. Just be up front about delivery times. Gary had such a great rep a couple years ago and if he'd stated up front it's going to be 18 months or more, the people that placed their orders anyway would be the ones who'd have stuck with him. It's my understanding Gary's mother passed away and shortly afterward he developed a blood clot in his leg although I'm not sure how accurate this info is. If either of these are true they would be legitimate reasons for delay. But 18-24 months?
    Again, I plan to give Gary the benefit of the doubt and stick it out a little longer. But there will come a time very soon that I'll be forced to make a decision. I'd like to see if he is indeed about caught up and, as I stated, I really do still very much want my order. I'd feel better for Gary too for him sticking it out to the end. If he truly has been uncontrollably backlogged, it must have been a nightmare for him dealing with (justifiably) angry and disappointed customers.
    I would just like to know of anyone receiving their orders lately and when they were placed. At least that would offer some hope to those of us very patiently waiting. I sure hope I hear something soon.

Like my friend AZHusker, I liked Gary. I got a belt, MaxCon V and a flash/mag pouch back in '03 and still use all of it. But then he offered his latest model at 1/2 price or $75 and I paid it and have never seen anything. I've lost my emails from back then and I don't even know how long it's been (at least 2 years) but the weird part was getting emails out of the blue from Gary saying "Your stuff will be sent in a couple of weeks". Then of course I'd get nothing and months later another email would arrive. Finally we moved and I never contacted Gary - I just don't care anymore. I learned a great lesson on how to conduct business and since I've been making knives for 3 years it was a valuable one. Never, ever take money up front.

It would be encouraging to hear that someone has received a Bommeland holster lately, I've re-read this entire thread and I may have missed it but the only holsters I've seen lately have been from Coal Creek.

Has anybody got one lately direct from Gary?

I had a Max Con V on order for a M&P 40C. Originally placed a blank order (make of gun to be specified) late March 07 to "save my place in line".

Gary was very helpful with leather working advice and even sold me some leather which didn't meet his quality standards.

I Eventually got around to specifying the holster in June or so. I know I didn't wait as long as some but man was I getting tired of the "soon","yours is in the pipeline", "a couple weeks", etc.

Remy was so polite on the phone I hated to be too assertive or call her on Gary's scheduling and delivery problem. Brilliant move, man.

I called to cancel my order several weeks ago. I called back a couple weeks ago and Remy read me my total (~$95) and said she'd get me a check "beginning of the week" or some such. Been a LOOONNNGGG weekend.

Gary and Remy: Don't make promises you can't keep and keep the promises you made. I'd like my Money back ASAP
    For MN specific carry information and a great shooting community, check out forum.twincitiescarry.com

I, too, placed an order with Gary Brommeland, sometime around the beginning of December '06. After making a change to my order (dropping a mag pouch in the hopes of expediting the process), I've been paid in full for well over a year, with an order of a Max Con V for my Sig P239.

To be quite honest, oftentimes over the past year I've forgotten I even placed the order. Continuing with the honesty, however, it really doesn't bother me. Life happens, suppliers run into issues, health and family concerns take shape.

From my understanding, Gary's been at this for well over... (How old am I?) ...since before I was born (I'm 25.) The situation is unfortunate for sure, but if, after all that's happened over the past 24 months, he's made some questionable decisions, and has been forced to change his work habits for a variety of reasons (both business and personal), who am I to judge? He is, after all, just one man working with the help of his wife, who attempted to turn a beloved hobby into a business.

As is the case with most artists/artisans, that transition is rarely a smooth one, particularly if you continue to hold yourself to a high standard, as recipients of Gary's work can attest to.

Granted, it's not too pleasing that delivery estimates have been made and not followed up on, but I have a couple other off-the-shelf holsters that have gotten me by just fine over the past 16 months, and will continue to do so until I receive my Brommeland gunleather.

It appears I very well may be a minority in this thread, but I can wait, and will continue to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Larsen View Post
    Well.....very good! I actually suggested to Bumper that we start a thread like this because from a makers perspective being behind with forum members puts you in a very strange spot. We all keep records of our customers contact names, product information and etc...but it rarely includes "forum handles or names".

This is a thread I need so people can say "Hey...my name is so and so and its been 20 years since I gave you my hard earned cash! Where is my leather!"

Please post here if you have outstanding leather with me. You can call me a flake, thief or insert your favorite name here...it doesnt matter to me as I know you are frustrated. Lets just get the show on the road and get you guys your stuff.

Bumper thanks for doing this..........Shoot well and god bless

Hi Eric,

In late 2005 I ordered a P7M8 holster and a gunbelt, you said you sent it, but could I get a tracking number or something to confirm this. Look up "mike" with this order if it helps.

Thanks
    Bismarck

Links