Where's my holster? - Page 13

Where's my holster?

This is a discussion on Where's my holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I gave up. I called Remy and asked for a refund. She promised I'd have it in a week to ten days. We'll see. I ...

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Where's my holster?

Unhappy

I gave up. I called Remy and asked for a refund. She promised I'd have it in a week to ten days. We'll see. I asked if I needed to go through Coal Creek if I wanted to order and she said if you're using the internet or a credit card, yes. If you send a check you can order directly from us.

Following to "has anybody received their Brommeland lately". Does anybody know what month and year orders are currently shipping, patiently waiting since '06?

Thanks.

Been on order since April of '06, though it feels like 1906-my story is pretty much same as the rest (2 holsters, 1 mag pouch)

Quote Originally Posted by troutdaddy View Post
    Been on order since April of '06, though it feels like 1906-my story is pretty much same as the rest (2 holsters, 1 mag pouch)
    Crap! And I was thinking that my order (7/07) maybe getting close. Hell, stick a fork in me I'm done.

06 order here from Brommeland.
    I think it was just another stunt....he made that post 3 months ago
    Only "that dealer" is getting holsters. I had talked to them they just received an other box full of holsters. No won't buy Brommeland products I won't support his Houdini business.
    When mine comes (I doubt that it will ever come) it straight goes to Ebay.
    I carry a gun cause I can't carry a cop.

Quote Originally Posted by s2134 View Post
    Following to "has anybody received their Brommeland lately". Does anybody know what month and year orders are currently shipping, patiently waiting since '06?

Thanks.
    The orders were NEVER filled in the order in which they were received. My own order dates from September 12, 2005. It was placed the very FIRST day he opened his new shop in Tennessee. It was never filled, and I got a refund instead a month or two ago.

Gary's holsters sell for nearly twice the old price when he sells through to Coal Creek, when compared to delivering the products to his pre-existing customers, so that's what he's been doing. Gary claimed three months ago that most of his pre-existing orders had been filled, with only a few more to go. I have a hard time imagining how that can be true, with: 1) so many people still posting "where's my holster?", 2) no reports here of real people actually receiving theirs directly from Gary (just Coal Creek), and 3) according to his self-reported production rate, Gary would have been completed with outstanding orders by now. Of course, Coal Creek keeps receiving large amounts of Gary's product.

Seems like more smoke and lies.

I sent an e-mail to check on my order Feb 28 and Remy promptly responded with "it will be in your hands in 2 to 4 weeks, if not sooner". It has been 4 weeks and still no holster. I now believe no holsters will be sent and Gary is just waiting for everyone to finally cancel. I have ordered a replacement for this from K&D and I am 12 weeks into this order. If I get both I will sell one. If the K&D comes first I will cancel with Gary. Let you all know how it turns out.

Rafters Gunleather-What's Going On?

I have purchased a few belts and an OWB holster from them. I like them very much, they are professionally made. In November of last year, I placed an order at the gunshow in Dallas. The lady there told me it would be 5 to 6 weeks. Well, here we are in April and no holster. To make a long story short, I have called them about 8 times and I get the ( it's going out next week) reply. I have called and left my number but no one calls back.The last time I called, I asked for a refund but was told that my holster would ship out on Monday. Three weeks later,no holster.Will not buy anything from them again, don't care how good the leather is. Dissapointed CCW permit holder.

Three Years, and Brommeland Order Still Not Filled - Long Post

In March of 2005, I ordered and paid for a complete rig from Gary, to include belt, two holsters and a couple of magazine pouches. I later added another holster, for a total of two MaxCon Vs (one Government, one Commander) and a MaxCon VI. The holsters were all what is now called Presentation Grade, as there was no such thing as Service Grade at the time.

Gary moved to Tennessee that year, and as my order went unfilled, I listened patiently and empathized with the difficulties of getting construction done and the new shop up and running. I don't believe in rushing craftsmen, so I not only didn't complain about the situation, I also agreed that I would not publicly complain on the Internet about it. Every five or six months, I'd contact the shop for an estimate and Gary or Remy would make a new promise. I can't even count the number of estimates and promises which have been broken. I am making this post with a clear conscience.

At one point, after reading about lots of other people receiving their new Service Grade (and a smaller number of Presentation Grade) holsters, all of which had been ordered well after my order, I called and asked how it was that my money was paying for other people's holsters, in effect. Gary explained that he needed to go to the Service Grade line to raise capital for the business. As a business owner, I get that - sort of. More promises.

Finally, in July of 2007, I received a partial order fill. The MaxConV for the full size 1911, two mag pouches and a belt arrived. The workmanship was superb, and the rig is very comfortable.
    Unfortunately, the belt was not tapered as I had requested, and Gary agreed to make re-do a belt at his expense to make it right. I told him that because the taper was a change to the original order, I accepted my responsibility for the misunderstanding and would gladly pay for the cost of the correct (tapered) belt. My primary concern wasn't the cost, it was getting my order complete, and as soon as possible. I specifically said that I wasn't asking to jump the line, just to be served according to my place in line.

Last month, I went to Gary's web site and saw that he's now selling through Coal Creek Armory exclusively. Coal Creek's website shows that they're stocking the Service Grade MaxCon V for a number of different pistols, in LH and RH configuration!

Last month, on 21 March, I sent Gary an email that politely said that it had been eight months since I received any communication from him since the partial order fill, and asking that he commit to a delivery date for the remaining holsters and belt and keep to it, or to please send me a refund for the two holsters (not the belt). His reply said that he "...can guarantee delivery 60-90 days from now" and that he would "...certainly make things right with you as best I can."

On the 25th of March, I replied that after waiting more than three years while he filled a number of newer orders than mine the only way to "make things right" would be to complete my order as his next job, unless he had outstanding orders older than mine (I have yet to read about any of those, but it's possible). I asked that if he was unwilling to do that, a refund for the two holsters be sent to me immediately. It's been more than a week since I made that request, and I have neither heard anything back from him nor received a refund.

What is so is that I not only honored the terms of my business arrangement with him, and paid for my order in advance, but also kept my promise not to publicly discuss this situation on the Internet. It's actually been ironically funny to read about people's frustrations from not having received an order they placed six months ago, or even longer. Can anyone top three years plus?

What's also so is that Gary has been fully aware of this and chosen to spend his time filling other orders. At some point, the list of circumstances and excuses runs out, and it's simply a matter of integrity - you either keep your word, or you don't.

The product is first rate in every regard, but I will no longer be silent about the business practices of the maker, nor will I use the products of someone who runs such a business. I'll sell the products I have, and if the holsters arrive, I'll sell those, too. I may get a refund eventually,k or I may not. I can't be responsible for the actions and choices of others.

I can, however, be responsible for my own choices, and I choose to support only those manufacturers who not only make great products, but who operate on a basis of business integrity that isn't adjustable depending on their circumstances. I chose poorly in this one case, but my experiences with makers such as Lou Alessi, Matt Del Fatti, Tony Kanaley (Milt Sparks) and Mark Garrity have all been good ones. And itís clear from reading this thread and others that there are more makers who are committed to great leather products and doing right by their customers.

Caveat emptor when dealing with those who are clearly not.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Leahy View Post
    Last month, on 21 March, I sent Gary an email that politely said that it had been eight months since I received any communication from him since the partial order fill, and asking that he commit to a delivery date for the remaining holsters and belt and keep to it, or to please send me a refund for the two holsters (not the belt). His reply said that he "...can guarantee delivery 60-90 days from now" and that he would "...certainly make things right with you as best I can."
    After posting this on 4th January 2008:

Hi Folks!

I just wanted to post a quick update on the status of our past due orders. When this mess all started, we were backed up just shy of 600 orders. As of today, we are down to 187. We will be caught up soon. Thanks to all for your patience. Please just hang in there a little longer and everyone will have their stuff. Thanks!
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...nd-update.html
    He is again trying to get another 3 months out of us new excuses again while he makes boxes of holsters for the stocking dealer.

I am sure everybody knows by now that he has no intention to fill the existing orders.
    I wonder how many more out there waiting ...
    I wish that there would be a legal solution to have that rip off artist pay for everybody's time!

Just for the record I have a '06 order with him.
    I'll go ahead and cancel it, no point to waste anymore time for lies.
    I carry a gun cause I can't carry a cop.

Well looks as though my ordeal has come to an end. Please read the following correspondence.

I currently have on order with you a Presentation Grade Max Con V( 1911
    > commander), A Combat Dress Belt(tapered) and a Mag Pouch. This order was
    > placed June of 2007. Your delivery date to me was November to Mid
    > December 2007. What I need to know is this. 1.) Should I expect my order
    > filled within the next ten days? 2.) If not, how promptly can I expect a
    > refund ? Thank you

>>Sir,
    >>> >
    >>> > We are running a bit behind in our deliveries at present. You were
    >>> >quoted an estimate of 24-30 weeks from 6/27/07, which puts you at week 29
    >>> >tomorrow. We can have your order delivered in another 4-8 weeks from

today.

>>> >Please accept my apologies for the delay, but we always place the

emphasis

>>> >upon the quality of our work, rather than the speed of our deliveries.
    >>> >Please let me know if there is anything else that we can do for you.

Thanks!

>>> >
    >>> >Gary Brommeland
    >>> >Brommeland Gunleather
    >>> >Holsters Concealment Systems Gunleather Concealed Carry for Weapons
    >>> >P. O. Box 813, Sneedville, TN 37869
    >>> >423.733.1779
    >>> >
    >>> >
    >>> >
    >>> >

Sir, you have now had a total of 11 weeks to fill my order as promised.
    > In the email below you had stated 4 to 8 weeks. I will expect an
    > fulfilled order within 7 business days.If the order has not been filled
    > you will leave me no choice but to request a refund. Mind you sir I do
    > reserve the right to file a complaint with the proper authorities as
    > well. I await your reply.
    >
    >

And now his final response......

Sir,

I reserve the right to cancel anyone's order at any time for no other
    reason than they are rude/obnoxious. As such, I have cancelled your order
    and a refund check will be on it's way to you next week.

We have cheerfully written several hundred refund checks this year due to
    my health problems, and we certainly do not mind another. However I will
    not tolerate a customer who is rude, threatens me or tries to intimidate
    me. Are we clear?

Gary Brommeland
    Brommeland Gunleather
    Holsters Concealment Systems Gunleather Concealed Carry for Weapons
    P. O. Box 813, Sneedville, TN 37869

I cannot see where I was rude nor threatening. I simply wanted what I paid for. Please tell me what is wrong with this picture. Also, Is there any thing that can be done legally to prosecute this thief?

I received a refund for my holster and mag holder that I requested today. I called and spoke to Remy on March 25th and cancelled my order. She said 7 - 10 days, the check arrived just at 3 weeks later.

I'm done.

Received a refund from Brommeland. I will not ever support Bromeland , Coal Creek or anyplace where these 2 advertise.

Live and learn , I guess?

Thanks.

Mernickle Gunleather

I would like to add my current experience on my order of two holsters, two mag pouches and a belt. They are for my P230 and P239.

On February 19, 2008, I placed an order for a holster, mag pouch and belt and was advised four weeks. The follwing day, I added a second holster and mag pouch. I questioned if there would be a delay to my original order. I was assured no problem.

As I was reading this site and problems with delivery of ordered items, I decided to check on the status. On March 12th, I sent an e-mail. I received a response that it is now five weeks. On March 24 th, I e-mailed again and the answer was by the end of the week or next week. As I did not receive my ordered items, on April 3rd, I e-mailed again and was advised in the mail by Wednesday April 9th.

It will be almost 8 weeks in a few days and still nothing. I do not want to keep shooting off e-mails but accurate dates need to be given when placing orders. Things happen and customers need to be contacted about delays, which seems to be lacking from holster makers. My waiting has not been as long as some of you but wanted to let you know.

I will awaiting my order as both these guns need a home. My previous holster for my Kimber Ultra came in a timely manner. I will update when these arrive. Hopefully soon.

My Mernickle

I ordered a holster and belt from Mernickle at the beginning of February. I was told on the phone that my order would be done in 4-5 weeks, which to me seems fair considering the outrageous amounts of time people will wait for custom leather.

At week 5, I called and was told I would have my rig by the next Friday. Two weeks went by and called again. Was told it was a custom holster and it had to be handmade, right...

Called 2 weeks later and was then told it was being made and I would have it by the next Friday. The next wednesday came and when I got home from work, my gear was waiting for me.

BTW, I looked at his web-site and delivery time listed is 8-10 weeks. Which means my gear was right on time and was probably mis-informed by the person taking my order.

The rig looks nice, the belt seems to be about bulletproof. The holster is niiiiiiiiice, but will probably be reserved for IDPA and winter use since concealment will be a challenge.

Gthomas, the wait was worth it and I am sure you will agree when your gear arrives. After exhaustive research, I chose Mernickle because of his reputation coming from his peers.

Needless to say, my first and my last custom rig. My next will be a Crossbreed Supertuck.

Thats my story.

S
    Last edited by JD; April 17th, 2008 at 10:30 AM. Reason: edited for language.

GO HUSKERS!!

Sponsored Links