Where's my holster? - Page 14

Where's my holster?

This is a discussion on Where's my holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After several communications- the two holsters, mag holder for each gun and the belt arrived. Instead of 4 weeks it ended up being 8 weeks. ...

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Where's my holster?

Update on my Mernickle Order.

After several communications- the two holsters, mag holder for each gun and the belt arrived. Instead of 4 weeks it ended up being 8 weeks. All items are great and of the highest quality.

Red face Got my Max Con V

I've waited over 20 months for my Max Con V. I finally had enough.
    I called Coal Creek last Wed. and they had a LH Max Con V for a 1911 4 1/4 in barrel. I received the holster today. It is beautiful. It had become a quest to see if I would ever get one. I did pay more for it than original order, but it's my first and last Brommeland holster. Now I'm waiting for my S&W 1911PD that I sent to be bobtailed and other work. That's been 8 months and suppost to be done next month. I'm looking forward to the end of this match up.

Now I'm working with credit card company for return of my money.
    I would call Brommeland but they have never called me or kept me informed on my order.

Refunds, although maybe not as fast as some would like, have not seemed to be a problem.

After reading some of the horror stories on this thread I have to consider myself lucky. I ordered a pancake holster from Beretta for my Px4 in the beginning of March 08 (5th or 6th). They promised me it would ship no later than the end of March because they are expecting a large shipment of these for the Px4. I called them on April 4th because their site still said my order is still back ordered. The guy I spoke to on that day said they have no idea when they're coming in. So, how long do I have to wait? He had no idea. My reply: "Cancel my order, please." He said, "Canceled, have a nice day". I don't know what makes these people think they can make us wait and wait and wait for a product when they promise it on a certain date. Our only recourse is to cancel the order when it doesn't arrive as promised the first time. If enough people do that, the manufacturers will start to get the message when they can't cover their own overhead.

On April 2nd I ordered a Safariland 6377. They told me it would take at most three weeks to ship but more than likely it will be sooner. I called them on April 23rd to get the status of my order and they said it was scheduled to ship on the 24th, Thursday. I asked if they could email me the tracking number so I won't have to bother them again and their CSR, Maree Meza, told me she would. Sho nuf, when I woke p on Friday morning at 10:30 AM there was an email from her with the tracking number. It's a shame all companies can't be this efficient. My holster is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday, the 29th via FedEx. I can't wait!
    It is to be observed that Right of Self-Defence, arises directly and immediately from the Care of our own Preservation, which Nature recommends to every one. . . , and that this right is so primary, that it cannot be denied on the basis that it is not "expressly set forth.

--- Hugo Grotius

UnderCoverComfort

I ordered an undercovercomfort holster, 2XHVneck in February. After reading all these posts I realize that I have not been waiting very long. But, my question is, are they even still in business? I not received any feedback from them whatsoever - not even an email confirming my order. I don't mind waiting a reasonable amount of time, but I'd at least like to know that the order went through. I gave them my credit card info but they haven't charged it yet.

They will not respond to any of my emails, so I don't know if I should just forget it and find another holster to buy, or if I should just wait.

Does anyone have any previous experience purchasing from this company?

Thanks

FWIW, I received this email today from Remy Brommeland.

Gary has your left hand MaxCon V for your Commander finished, and the rest of the order is underway. I should be shipping it all out in 2-3 weeks. I will be sure and let you know when it is on the way. Take care, Remy

Quote Originally Posted by nativenyerintexas View Post
    After reading some of the horror stories on this thread I have to consider myself lucky. I ordered a pancake holster from Beretta for my Px4 in the beginning of March 08 (5th or 6th). They promised me it would ship no later than the end of March because they are expecting a large shipment of these for the Px4. I called them on April 4th because their site still said my order is still back ordered. The guy I spoke to on that day said they have no idea when they're coming in. So, how long do I have to wait? He had no idea. My reply: "Cancel my order, please." He said, "Canceled, have a nice day". I don't know what makes these people think they can make us wait and wait and wait for a product when they promise it on a certain date. Our only recourse is to cancel the order when it doesn't arrive as promised the first time. If enough people do that, the manufacturers will start to get the message when they can't cover their own overhead.

On April 2nd I ordered a Safariland 6377. They told me it would take at most three weeks to ship but more than likely it will be sooner. I called them on April 23rd to get the status of my order and they said it was scheduled to ship on the 24th, Thursday. I asked if they could email me the tracking number so I won't have to bother them again and their CSR, Maree Meza, told me she would. Sho nuf, when I woke p on Friday morning at 10:30 AM there was an email from her with the tracking number. It's a shame all companies can't be this efficient. My holster is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday, the 29th via FedEx. I can't wait!
    Well, Safariland shipped the holster one day late. I'm not complaining, in fact, I'm very happy. I got the holster in last Tuesday and broke it within the hour. The retention screw was already tight, which I didn't know, and I tightened it more. I tightened it so much I couldn't loosen it anymore. I emailed them and asked if I could buy a new screw because I stripped the hex head with an allen key. I got a response the next day saying they would send one to me free of charge. I ended up having to drill out the old screw (from behind) and use an EZ-Out to get the screw out of the holster.

The WRB Holster I bought (IWB) scratched the slide on my Px4 when I was trying to practice with it. Actually the metal clip scratched it. I sent a suggestion on how to improve their holster and told them what happened to me. In response for my suggestion, they are sending me a free IWB holster with a thumb break. Pretty cool.
    It is to be observed that Right of Self-Defence, arises directly and immediately from the Care of our own Preservation, which Nature recommends to every one. . . , and that this right is so primary, that it cannot be denied on the basis that it is not "expressly set forth.

--- Hugo Grotius

Good Experience

As permanent customer of shooting products and since I live outside USA, I should be very carefully where to order. However I had an experience some 16 years ago with KRAMER LEATHER. In those days of no on line order, I asked by fax for information about a holster, and for some reason I do not know they send the holster to my country and charge my credit card. When I have had the holster it was great but I do not feel comfortable, so I faxed they about this, the answer was: SEND IT BACK, WE REFUND YOU. The next day I send back the holster standard mail, but the refund was INMEDIATELY. Today Kramer is a large manufacturer and so is their reputation, as last for me. Excellent company.

Brigade Gunleather

I ordered a holster on 2-22-2007 and was promised it delivered to my door in 13-15 weeks. As of this date, no holster. I haven't inquired about it's status because it will delay delivery or so they say. My order has been in the finishing/shipping stage for 3 weeks. I hope it is worth it. A personal email would have been nice to say the product was going to be delayed, but I guess customer service is not a priority with alot of these caftsmen. I do however want to give Nate at UBG a huge pat on the back because he delivers what he promises and at a very high quality.
    Colt Delta Elite Gold Cup Enhanced 10mm
    S&W 1006
    S&W 1076
    EAA Witness 10mm
    EAA Witness Elite "Stock" 10mm
    DW Patriot CBOB 10mm
    AMT Javelina 10mm
    Kimber Tactical Pro II 45ACP
    EAA Witness 45acp
    EAA Witness Elite "Stock" 45acp
    Auto Ordinance Enhanced 45acp

Bluegrass Holsters - Brock Morgan

In late Feb Brock Morgan, Bluegrass Holsters, came to our attention here, and within the next few weeks his holsters received some excellent reviews.

Brock posted information as to payment policies and delivery times on 25 Feb. as he referred us to his FAQ on his site.

Quote:
    Turnaround Times and Payment Policy
    Currently turnaround is only about two weeks from order to delivery. In most cases this is less.

Unless otherwise stated to the customer in advance, all orders will be charged just prior to beginning the customer's order. This has been the hold up with the web site as I have insisted that the shopping cart NOT charge the customer at the time of their order. Typically the idea is that the customer will be notified a day or two in advance of their scheduled holster build...in that email they will be offered the chance to 1) cancel their order with a returned email; 2) to change any options (firearm model, color, style, etc); 3) do nothing and keep the order as previously submitted at which time the order will be charged within 24-48 hours after submission of the email. End Quote

I posted on 9 March asking about a holster for a M60 3 inch. Shortly after that Brock and I talked on the telephone about the specs. He was very diligent and he got his pattern gun and I got my M60 and we took some measurements so that he could get the holster right.

I had expected, although I did not ask and he did not so state, that it would take 2-3 weeks at that time. I was not concerned as to the exact time considering that he might have a lot of orders.

On March 25th Brock charged my CC. I learned of this as I called him to find out what card I had used as one of my cards was upgraded and the number changed, and I did not want it to be refused. I had used a different card so there was no problem.
    He did not follow the policy that he stated on his site and reproduced above. Evidently if I had not called I would not have known my CC was charged.

I got an email, and phone call from Brock on the 15th of April. He said that he had "trouble with the new conditioner and sealant that was being custom developed for me.....set me back 30 some holsters that I had to start remaking overnight."

He stated he expected to ship my holster by the following Thursday, the 17th .

On his site he states, “Typical delivery time from date of charge is 10-15 days”
    As of May 13th the holster has not been delivered, and I have not heard anything as to the status. I have sent either 2 or 3 emails recently to Brock requesting status, but no reply has been received. Since it has been over 45 days since he charged my CC, and three times his max as stated on his site, and no delivery or communication I have lost patience with his lack of responsiveness.

I am aware of a problem with supplies, and that he may have had an emergency recently. I understand such problems, but not the total lack of communication to the customer.
    In my last email I informed Brock that he had not shown the integrity I expect and require of the people with whom I deal.
    Brock’s integrity and ethical practices are in question as far as I am concerned. Integrity not only is concerned with money, but also doing what you say you will do. Brock has failed that test, and I will no longer deal with or recommend him regardless of the quality of his work.

Brock, if you read this I will give you the choice of either sending my holster this week or refunding the charge on my CC.
    Regards, Jerry

My dance with Brock started around March 10-11? I sent a email to Brock and said that I wanted to send a business check instead of a credit card. But I provided my credit card to start the order. Then I spoke to him for sure on March 20th on my cell and told him to start the order as back up for payment he could hold the order until the check cleared the bank. He said he will start working on it Monday March 24th. I came home March 26th and I called again (I think) March 31-April 3? He told me that My order did not make last week order it will be started The next Monday.And so on and so on. I finally got an email with a USPS tracking number.This number is generated by filling on the USPS web site to print the label. There is no follow up info on the USPS web site. I do not know what to do. If you want to sell to the members of DC. These merchants should be held to a higher standard. If you can not complete the order as stated on the web site, change the the web site to reflect the amount of time it would take.Completly disappointed in Brock and Bluegrass Holsters.

Member Array Bluegrass Holsters's Avatar

Some answers....

First to Hitchking....the story as you described it is not entirely accurate, however, according the US Postal service your holster arrived at the post office in your city today.

>>Label/Receipt Number: 0703 8555 7491 4360 9109

Your item arrived at 8:58 AM on May 15, 2008 in OLD BETHPAGE, NY 11804. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later. <<

Your delay was caused by the fact that you insisted on sending a check which originally never arrived (second check did, obviously) , and as such I did not start your holsters until payment was completed. The same goes for folks with credit card orders....I charge just before I start working on the holsters. Checks add an additional burden to both me and the customer as I will have to wait until they clear before I start work. Yours was the exception as I do not take checks.

Regardless of the specific details either of us remember, the holsters were made in a timely manner and sent to you. The only real hitch was that they were ready a couple business days in advance of the actual mailing and left on my bench while attending to a family matter....the holster was obviously mailed when I arrived back in town and your were advised of the mailing and given the USPS delivery number. No tracking is available until after it is delivered which occurred this morning. I could ship UPS but choose not to in order to save money for the customer....that option is always available along with overnight US mail if a customer desires.

For Jerry......As you stated, your holster was one which was ruined in the finish fiasco. You should of received an email explaining that, however, a phone call would have been better. Unfortunately it was really impossible to make a phone call to each customer given my penchant for being unable to get off a call once I start....and calling 50 some customers was not going to work.

This being said however, your holster was mailed to you some time ago. Your order sheet with information regarding your card number and personal details was shredded after I sent the holster....my portion of the click-n-ship label with tracking info was apparently stuck on one of those sheets as I cannot find it to see if it was actually delivered to a wrong address, or whether it is still floating around somewhere.

As for the emails, I sometimes do not get to check them every day and some go to spam and are destroyed. I really cannot do anything about the latter, however, I will become more diligent about checking the mail. I get to working on orders and that is the only thing I think about....this makes me look bad and I apologize to you directly and to anyone reading this post.

So, where am I with your holster? Before typing this I spoke to another customer who advised me of this thread. I went and cut out your holster and got it started. That holster will be expedited and will be mailed overnight at my expense to you when completed. I will even be happy to post photos of the delivery ticket and holster here if you would like me to do so, Jerry.

Again, to these gentlemen, and to others reading this, if you order from me, understand that I will keep your name in my order pile until ready to make your holster. Right now that pile varies from a couple weeks to a month at most. Once I start the holster the delivery time is about 2 weeks. However, this can change due to a variety of things including a perceived flaw in the holster (in which case I would be remaking the holster). If a delay is serious I will be notifying the customer, however, slight delays are not going to be reported to the customer as the time necessary to do so would take me away from building other holsters.

Being that the business is only a few months into actual operation, some snags are bound to be found. For each snag I will attempt a solution and welcome customer input, private or public. Again, my apologies to these two gentlemen, one of whom had his holster delivered today, and the other who will have his by end of the next week. I am putting his holster ahead of others because his order actually predated the current crop of holsters I am working on.

For the record, I have at least one other paid holster to a member on this forum which has not been delivered. That holster is an IWB and was delayed as I finished the final design working with the customer who was the first to order that design. That particular holster will also be overnighted during the coming week.

If there is anyone who ordered over a month ago, and have not received a holster, please send me a PM with your complete name so that I can verify my records. At this time these are the only three outstanding (delayed) holsters in my record. Any others are in the queue to be built.....
    Last edited by Bluegrass Holsters; May 15th, 2008 at 11:04 PM.

Bluegrass Holsters

Hi Brock,

I greatly appreciate your response, and I accept your apology without reservation.
    I do understand glitches in business procedures, postal problems, and just plain old human error. I have made enough of those errors myself.

I also accept your explanation of the events. If I do end up with two holsters I will contact you and see how you want to handle it. I do not need photos of the ticket, as I will take your word for it.

We cannot go back to yesterday, but just learn from our experiences. I am not very savvy regarding computers, etc, but wonder if there is not an easy way to set up a section of customers with unfinished orders so that one click could notify all. Maybe that is not a good way, and I’ll leave it to you, a business man, to consider. Communication is important, and hopefully there is a way to do such without 50 emails or telephone calls. I can sympathize with that problem. Hopefully you will find a good solution that will not be too inconvenient for you, and yet do the job. I think communications has been the major problem in this situation.
    I suppose this is a fringe benefit of being a new small business man. Hang in there, and don’t let yesterday be an anchor to hold you back, but instead a rudder to guide the future.

I am going to PM you my address in case there was some glitch that helped cause the postal problem.

Please do not mail it overnight as I am not in a hurry, and that will be an additional expense to you. I don’t want to contribute to your problems. Regular mail will be fine, and please let me know when you ship it.

Again I greatly appreciate your response, and hope all is well with you.

Sincerely,
    Jerry

I too received my holster today. Wife was out of the house until 5.00pm and I did not arrive home until 6.45PM EST. I also except your apology. We are all people who can and do make mistakes. As my father used to say "thats why they put erasers on pencils". Your statement that I did want to pay by check is coorect but I provided my credit card numbers as back-up payment to start the order. As you stated on the phone to me that in was going to be over 2 weeks to complete the oder, I stated to you to process the check and hold the order until check clears. This was a busienss check from my company that I started over 18 years not a starter check that you get when you open a new account. It is all water unde the bridge!!! Still need a mag pouch for the extra magazine.You interesed? On a positive note the holsters do look nice and I look forward to wearing them this weekend. I would send pics but everybody on DC does not want to see my gut for sure. Again I too hope all is well with your and family. ADAM

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Placed my order with Bulman on Nov 27th for my new off duty weapon and paid that day. Except for an email the next day thanking me, I have received no response to emails and just tried to call and noone answered the phone.

Guess that'll teach me.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Links