Where's my holster?

This is a discussion on Where's my holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here is the new one. I have an '06 order with Brommeland. I called them several weeks ago talked to Remy (guess that is her ...

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Where's my holster?

Thumbs down

Here is the new one.

I have an '06 order with Brommeland.
    I called them several weeks ago talked to Remy (guess that is her name) she is very nice...actually I felt sorry for her for being the part of that rip of business.
    I was told the usual, my order is coming up...
    2-3 weeks passed by nothing came, called again, answer : it will be shipped in two weeks.
    Nothing came called them again in like two weeks...I was told they are having some leather issues....it will take probably a few months before they can ship my order....(<----see they are buying time again)
    According to a previous conversation they were going to ship my order to me....I assumed it was completed. Silly me...

Never called them before...knew that their time is better be spent on making holsters, but now I strongly believe that they don't even have the intention to fill the orders.
    I have holsters....so I wait a little more, before I cancel my order with them so they won't be able to laugh at me anymore while they live on the interest on my (our) money.

Have you Guys realized that almost all holster makes chimed in here...and tried to be come clear expect Brommeland?
    We don't even worth his time I guess...or maybe he just ran out of excuses...

Btw when I buy holsters- I don't deal with that stocking dealer-don't wanna support their business they know exactly what is going on, nor I wanna support Brommeland's business.
    I carry a gun cause I can't carry a cop.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Leahy View Post
    FWIW, I received this email today from Remy Brommeland.

Gary has your left hand MaxCon V for your Commander finished, and the rest of the order is underway. I should be shipping it all out in 2-3 weeks. I will be sure and let you know when it is on the way. Take care, Remy
    That was posted on 6 May. Still nothing received, despite my having asked for either the gear I had ordered and paid for years ago (can anyone beat February of 2005?) or a refund.

No refund, no gear, no communication since the 2-3 week estimate in May.

I just received my two Max Con Vs from Gary, after two years (order placed July 2006) of waiting. I had all but given up hope, and went to cancel my order to look elsewhere, when I was told it would be another week. By the end of the next week, the order was shipped and yesterday they were delivered in the mail.

Look like very nice holsters. I'll have to go through the break-in (need to get wax paper) before I can tell the comfort factor.

I am so glad to have them and wish everyone else luck who is still waiting.

Well, I'm just glad I gave up after only waiting 8 mths on Broomeland before I asked for and got a refund. Won't ever pay up front again, as I got screwed by Greg at Ranger. No holster, no refund, no nothing and the BBB could do nothing about it.

I've got an order in with K&D Holsters (K&D Holsters | Custom Gun Leather and Shooting Accessories) that was placed on May 5th.
    At the time their site said the turnaround time was 12-14 weeks.

I believe some time last month they updated it to 14-16 week turnaround time.

I've sent 3 total e-mails the 3rd of which I sent today, but the previous two were met with no response.

It's now been 18 weeks and I can't even seem to get an estimated time of shipment on the order.

It's a little disappointing since I had read nothing but good comments about both their product and customer service on a few different sites...but I'm just not feeling it.

I realize that 18 weeks is nothing compared to the wait of some folks here, but it hasn't met the time line which they have given and even exceeds their currently stated time.

Well took the advice of who ever it was that replied to it(post must have been moved) and apparently it shipped Saturday.

Edit:
    I don't like calling too much because I'm sure they have better things to do than answer numerous phone calls. None the less the item is on it's way so all should be well.
    Kevin also replied to the e-mail I sent earlier so it's good to know the messages were not ending up in a spam folder as some suggested might be the case..
    Last edited by DonnyDon; September 8th, 2008 at 08:09 PM.

I ordered a holster from Brigade Gunleather on 04/13/07. Average wait quoted was 15-17 wks. Sent them an e-mail on 12/28/07 inquiring as to a delivery date. I was told "I understand not wanting to wait but we are so busy and there is a long wait time".
    3/31/08 i receive an e-mail informing me they discontinued the model I had ordered. I could cancel or change my order. I agreed to change my order as the price reained the same $ 69.05 shipped. Just checked the web site and it states they are working on orders from 01-02/08. The price also went up $40.Guess it's time to get out while i can. They said no charge till it ships but I'm contacting the bank in the AM just to be sure. Sorry I'm new here, but needed to vent.

BROOMELAND'S NEW GAME

On the top my last email to them regarding to his last one.
    Now he is promising that it is ready and will be shipped next week....but it never actually comes.
    He always has a new one...next one might be UPS lost it ...
    I doubt that he even has the intention to fill the remaining orders...
    Well I hope he is going to spend our money on doctors...

Hi Mr. Brommeland,

Your last email was sent 3 weeks ago stating: that my order will ship next week.
    It was also promised 2 months ago.
    I talked to Remy in May she said my holster is complete...
    Would you mind updating me on the status of my gear?
    Been waiting patiently since 2006...

Regards,
    xxx

--- On Tue, 8/21/08, Gary Brommeland <gbholsterman@earthlink.net> wrote:

Hi Mr.xxx,

Your order is complete and drying. It will ship early next week. Thank you for your patience. Remy Brommeland

Gary Brommeland
    Brommeland Gunleather
    423-733-1779
    P.O.Box 813, Sneedville, TN 37869
    Holsters Concealment Systems Gunleather Concealed Carry for Weapons

--- On Tue, 8/12/08, Gary Brommeland <gbholsterman@earthlink.net> wrote:

Subject: Re: order
    To:
    Date: Tuesday, August 12, 2008, 2:12 PM

Hi xxx,

We will be shipping your order this week. I will notify you when it is on the way. Thank you, Remy Brommeland

Gary Brommeland
    Brommeland Gunleather
    423-733-1779

----- Original Message -----
    To: gbholsterman@earthlink.net
    Sent: 8/9/08 521 PM
    Subject: Re: order

Hi Mr. Brommeland,

Any update on this one. It was sent to me a month ago.
    I would love to use and show off your holster in my upcoming Gunsite class. I only have less then two weeks left.

Regards,
    xxx

--- On Thu, 7/17/08, Gary Brommeland <gbholsterman@earthlink.net> wrote:

Subject: order
    To: xxx
    Date: Thursday, July 17, 2008, 3:51 PM

Hi Mr. xxx

We expect to ship your order next week. I will notify you when it does ship so that you can be watching for the package. Thank you, Remy Brommeland

Gary Brommeland
    Brommeland Gunleather
    423-733-1779

Well Mr. Brommeland did delivered.....shocked...it DOES worth the wait!!!
    I got a package today nicely wrapped my Max Con V and a belt.
    Originally I was going to put it on EBay ....but after examine it closely it's a piece of art. I might just keep it.
    Hats of for the workmanship...I wish business management would be the same. Well don't wanna beat that horse....
    If I am correct I am the second one on this site who got his order. Well I wish good luck the rest of you. It was ordered in 2006.
    I try to post some pictures later, what it looks next to a TT and a DelFatti. (It is the slimmest)

Got my Brommeland Max Con V and mag pouch today, ordered holster 1/26/07, mag pouch added July 2007.

Quality every bit as expected.

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    Well I was on the verge of posting on here about Bluegrass holsters because it had been several weeks with no contact after already being a month overdue - but Brock did contact me today. Then I decided to post anyway in case anyone else had been trying to contact him - this way the most current info is here and everyone knows what's going on.

Brock was in one of the parts of Kentucky that was hit by the aftermath of Ike. He was without power for a time and when he went to start back into the holster trade about a week ago discovered that he had a number of holsters ruined. He is working furiously to redo the ruined holsters and get them out as soon as possible without sacrificing quality - and has generally been ignoring both his phone and his email.

From what he told me things seem to be in full swing now, so if you were a little miffed at not being able to contact him, there was good reason and he should be on track now.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

kaz

Bear claw holsters contact

Does anyone know how to get ahold of Bear Claw? I just tried to call them and neither number on their site works. And while we're on the topic... I ordered a holster back on 5-06 and still haven't gotten it. That in and of itself isn't my problem, I know there's longer wait times than that. At least a month and a half ago I called just to see if they could tell me when it would be done and was told "We should be finishing it up about friday, so it should get to you mid next week" or something similar. 3 weeks or so later I called again because it hadn't arrived even though I'd been given a time frame half that. I was told something like "We should be finishing it up about friday, so it should get to you mid next week". Now, 3 or 4 weeks later it's still not here. If they needed more time I could deal with that, but lying is another thing altogether and I want my $90+ back. Thanks.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by kaz View Post
    Does anyone know how to get ahold of Bear Claw? I just tried to call them and neither number on their site works. And while we're on the topic... I ordered a holster back on 5-06 and still haven't gotten it. That in and of itself isn't my problem, I know there's longer wait times than that. At least a month and a half ago I called just to see if they could tell me when it would be done and was told "We should be finishing it up about friday, so it should get to you mid next week" or something similar. 3 weeks or so later I called again because it hadn't arrived even though I'd been given a time frame half that. I was told something like "We should be finishing it up about friday, so it should get to you mid next week". Now, 3 or 4 weeks later it's still not here. If they needed more time I could deal with that, but lying is another thing altogether and I want my $90+ back. Thanks.
    I would just like to take moment to clear one thing up here.

CrossBreed Holsters is not, and never has been, affiliated with Bearclaw Holsters in ANY way.

I have had several calls the past couple weeks from folks looking for Bearclaw.

Bearclaw Holsters is/was also located in Republic, MO so sometimes folks call us looking for them.

I have met the proprietor on one occasion well over a year ago when he came to my shop and introduced himself. We had a brief conversation and have never crossed paths since.

I do not know the state of Bearclaw Holsters and have no intention of finding out, it's none of my business.

With all due respect, if you are looking for them, please don't call and ask me to hunt them down, we are plenty busy taking good care of our customers.
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

Somebody PM or email me at HitchKing@aol.com with any details no matter how small that you may have about Bear Claw and will try to track them down for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Leahy View Post
    Coming up on six weeks from the most recent new estimate. No products yet.
    Received the MaxCon V for Commander, MaxCon VI for Government Model and a combo mag/flashlight pouch at the end of September.

Still no belt. Said that hides coming in were scarred, cut, etc., not suitable for belts.

The craftsmanship is superb. The holsters were ordered in February of 2005. Enough said.

Bluegrass Holsters

We are at about 2-3 weeks overdue on my Mason Dixon from Bluegrass Holsters. Brock (and his site) say that holsters should be done and delivered within 30 days. I ordered on/about August 15th, my card was charged on Sept 5th, I confirmed a shipping address with Brock on the 25th of September, and have heard nothing since. I understand a small delay, as this is the first time Brock has made a holster for this model handgun (Baby Eagle in .45). I've sent two e-mails checking on the status of my order (at 45 and 50+ days, respectively), but no answer yet.

I'm really hoping the problem is just that Brock has his nose so close to the grindstone he is just not bothering with e-mails and is working to get the holsters out that were delayed by the Ike damage. I have had no indication that mine was part of that batch or not.

I'm truly looking forward to this holster. It is my first custom-made holster, the others I've seen online look great, and Brock went out of his way to find a pattern gun for my not-so-common EDC.

Brock, if you're out there, I hope everything is okay and hope to hear from you soon.

Peace
    RedKnightt

Zombie Squad has it right: "We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything."

Links