Where's my holster?

This is a discussion on Where's my holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ordered a #43 Crossdraw/Driving holster a while back.Est. delivery time was 6-8 Wks.Holster arrived in 5 wks.Very good quality rig.I would reccomend them to ...

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Where's my holster?

Fist Holsters Inc.

I ordered a #43 Crossdraw/Driving holster a while back.Est. delivery time was 6-8 Wks.Holster arrived in 5 wks.Very good quality rig.I would reccomend them to anybody.
    "If Your're Gonna Talk,Talk.If You're Gonna Shoot,Shoot"- Tuco Ramirez

2. Remove Ads

Andrews Leather

Quote Originally Posted by stewartjwnls View Post
    I have an order with Andrews Leather and am getting a little concerned about where it is. Starting to get well past when I was led to believe I would have it. It is a custom order.

Does anyone else have any feedback on orders from Andrews?

I called about a month ago, and am getting ready to call again. Just thought I'd see if anyone had any insight into this.

Thanks.
    Can anyone give me hope that Sam is turning out holsters? My card was charged in January, with a delivery promised end of Feb.

I've called again recently, and was led to believe again that it's close.

I'm ready to call Sam and cancel unless people here can tell me they're getting holsters.

I hate to give up, since I really like his work, but I don't think I'm getting the straight story anymore.
    "You're already flying upside down. You might as well turn on the smoke and have some fun."
    - Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival"

Anybody have info. on Bluegrass Holsters?

Folks, I am trying desperately to get an update from Brock on my holster that I ordered back in October of 2008. My credit card was charged March 5, 2009 and here it is June 1, and no holster. I have emailed several times since April with no response and I have no idea what is going on or what to think. At this point I don't know if I am just being put off or one of many folks waiting too long on a holster from Brock at Bluegrass.

I have no phone number and an email I sent this morning to info@bluegrassholsters.com was bounced back.

If anyone has personal dealings with Brock or knows how to actually get a hold of him please post here or PM me.

Thank you for you help.
    Last edited by SwollenGoat; June 1st, 2009 at 11:02 AM.

From the webpage...

I am currently 5 months backlogged with custom orders. As you know, I am a one-man custom shop which means that I have to do everything associated with getting your holster to you from before the sale to delivery and beyond. The holsters could be delivered faster if not for all the associated activities. Perhaps I have put this decision off too long, but effective immediately I am suspending order placement to allow me time to catch up on the existing orders. During this time I will focus my time on clearing the backlog and answering emails as I have time. I will also explore additional ways to increase the custom communications, perhaps using my hybrid staff as their time permits. The addition of an alternate shopping cart with automated emails similar to the hybrid website is being considered, too.

There will be other changes likely, but one thing is certain...we are not going away! We are continuing to make top quality custom gunleather at affordable prices! Again, the order suspension will be temporary and limited to only that time necessary to catch up on custom orders which are backlogged 5 months. If you need a quality holster in a short period of time, check out Bluegrass Hybrid Holsters. The same holster offerings are available there in a hybrid design with custom craftsmanship. The staff there is working to keep a two week turnaround time.

Brock Morgan, Maker
    Nothing says more about how you feel, than a lead flower.

Yes, I read that on his page just this morning which is what prompted my post.

*FWIW - I spoke to Brock personally on the phone in late February 2009 and he told me he would start construction on my holster within the next few days and should have it finished within a week or two. My credit card was charged shortly thereafter on March 5th so I assumed everything was going to plan.

It has been over 3 months since my credit card was charged and over 7 months since I first placed my order. If he hadn't personally told me work was starting soon and charged my credit card I would have no issue.

After speaking with him I truly believe Brock is a good guy with good intentions. However, at this point I can't help but wonder if he is in over his head and how many of his customers are in my situation. To be clear, I do not want a refund - I just want my holster.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Originally Posted by Bumper in a previous post in this thread.

This thread is for those of you that have a problem to communicate those problems and, once resolved, inform everyone of the outcome. If you don't have a pending holster order, I ask that you refrain from posting here. If you do have a pending order, feel free to make a post with the details and, upon resolution another post of what the final situation is. All other posts to this thread will be subject to being deleted. If the thread does not get back to it's intended focus, it will be closed.

If you don't have a pending order/issues with a promised delivery date or are responding regarding these specific issues.

I have an order with Andrews Leather and am getting a little concerned about where it is. Starting to get well past when I was led to believe I would have it. It is a custom order.

Does anyone else have any feedback on orders from Andrews?

I called about a month ago, and am getting ready to call again. Just thought I'd see if anyone had any insight into this.

Thanks.
    They delivered within reasonable time of the quote to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry View Post
    Thank you very much for this thread! I have thought for a while now that holster makers were being "protected" on here but I also understand something had to be done as well and understand the reasoning but the frustration has been hard.

My complaints/issues are more reviews now as I canceled one order and was made/forced to cancel the other order from a maker.

Holster makers in this review:

Gary Brommeland

Mark Garrity

I will start with Mr. Brommeland!

This story is so long I don't even have enough time or thread to write it all so I will stick with the facts and try and keep emotion out of it as best I can.

I used to adore the guy and thought (still think) that he is one fantastic holster maker, at least with a Max-Con V. My very first concealed carry holster was a Max-Con V and I have that one and a couple others I bought off forum members still today.

I had an order in with Gary for a very long time, It was 14-16 months of waiting, growing more frustrated as the time passed and believed all the excuses, all the it will ship next weeks, all the for you I will get it out in 7 weeks instead of 8-10 weeks, etc, etc, etc, etc. I eventually figured out all the "excuses" were just that, excuses and eventually he started blaming his customers for his problems with call's and emails and telling us that other holster makers were not providing their customers with quality leather and blaming the tanneries for a "supply" problems that no other maker seems to have had issues with, yet never has he once blamed himself or taken responsibility for any of his delays! Gary has a ton of excuses, I am not going to get into all of them as all you have to do is thumb through post's and you will find a very long trail of excuses that will take you a month straight to read.

The only excuse that is excusable was when he had heath issues, I can understand that and have no problem at all with that excuse but the fact of the matter is Gary still made his own bed, still took the orders when in his words he had over 300 orders at one time yet continued to knowingly tell customers false delivery dates. When I ordered, I heard nothing other than for you I will get it to you in 7 weeks instead of an 8-10 week turn around that he supposedly had at the time. Yea, right!

The bottom line to this is Gary saw my frustration online in my post's and I guess saw that I was seeing through his excuses and finding that things weren’t adding up so one day out of the blue I got a refund check in the mail with no explanation, no note, no nothing, just a check I guess in hopes that I would stop, go away or whatever. Although I was glad to see my money back I was not amused that he wasted 14-16 months of my time waiting when I could have made other arrangements with another maker if he would have just been truthful up front.

I PM'ed him about this and Remy responded back a day or two later that Gary thought I was unhappy so he figured he would refund my money, stripping me of all the time I had waited. Unhappy was an understatement and I believe that I would still be waiting as I know other that are still waiting on the forum. In my defense I didn't write anything on the forums that was out of line, just fact's as to how long I have waited or things like that when asked by other forum members.

After Remy listened to my frustrated reply to her PM to me the next thing I know she is starting a thread that Gary is in the hospital. Remy did offer for me to send the check back to them and they would put me back on the book's but honestly I was happy to have gotten a refund and there was no way I was sending back anything.

Bottom line is, I am done with Gary Brommeland and will never order another holster from him or buy one through Coal Creek or any other business he is sending them to so he doesn't have to deal with all the pissed off customers anymore. Others can believe all the excuses, all the broken promises, all the it will ship out next week's if they want and praise the guy all they want online (I used to do it too) but I demand more from a business. Making a great holster is just one aspect of it.

Mark Garrity:

This ones easy! I ordered a holster October 14th 2006, was quoted a 4 month turn around, never heard a thing, never bothered the guy but once to change that order through email after a year of waiting that he never responded to. Then I see folks online posting there holsters that they had gotten in 4-7 months, did the math an contacted Mark as to what the deal was with my order, that others are posting there’s's online and only waited 4-6 months for them. Never heard anything back. Two weeks went by and the frustration of my ordeal with Gary and now Mark I fired him as my holster maker as well. I am not going to put up with it anymore from any maker. I never even got a response back from my not so nice email to Mark either.

Another great maker, I can't say if he has any excuses as the only email or contact I have ever gotten from Mark was "Got it" after I had to ask for a conformation to my order maybe 2-4 day's later just so that I would know he got it for sure. wasted 14 months of my time waiting as well, I canceled late November. The one thing I can say is he didn't take any money up front but also didn't deliver either. I am just glad I don't have to recover my money as I am not sure if I would ever get a response.

I know Mark is a LEO and makes holsters part time but that is not my problem, if he can not produce he needs to tell people that up front and not waste their time. I will never buy from Garrity again either he as well as Gary have lost a countless number of repeat business from me.

Basically, this is a consumers warning as my hope is that another customer will think twice before ordering and sending money to either of these makers.

That is all!

Ti
    Had the same problem with Brommeland a couple years ago. At the time I worked part time at a gun shop and recommended him to several customers. We ALL had problems with him. It was embarassing. Never again.

Ordered an IWB holster from KDholsters.com and the product and service was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by redstgunnut View Post
    They delivered within reasonable time of the quote to me.
    Yes, but was it stock or custom?

However, I called Sam, again, 2 weeks ago, to see where it was. He indicated that he had just put it in a box to send.

Earlier this week, no mag pouch, so I started to look up the dates of order, charge to credit card and promised delivery. I was planning to call and dispute the charge as I called Sam back to cancel.

Suprisingly, it came the next day. A couple of minor issues with the pouch, but other than that, pretty much the workmanship I'm used to. Also, it was USPS priority mail, which I'm pretty sure is faster than 2 weeks.

I actually have need for 1 or 2 more custom products, and would love to use Andrews, but am not prepared to go through the uncertainty with him again.
    "You're already flying upside down. You might as well turn on the smoke and have some fun."

Yes, but was it stock or custom?
    I don't know. I ordered an IWB for a commander 1911, and I got what I ordered, as I said, within a reasonable time of his estimate.

Quote Originally Posted by redstgunnut View Post
    I don't know. I ordered an IWB for a commander 1911, and I got what I ordered, as I said, within a reasonable time of his estimate.
    Sounds like the McDaniel II which for that pistol I believe is one of his normally stock offerings.

I suspect his problem is with custom items.

On June 17, 2009 I ordered a custom paddle holster and mag pouch for my 239 (Alligator) from Black Hills Leather out of Laredo, Texas. Rudy told me it would be completed in 3 -4 weeks. Although I have no actual complaint and we're only a week or two over the time estimate, I'm just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with this outfit? If so, please let me know good or bad. Thanks
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

Ordered a holster from Brigade Leather Company July 23, 2008. I've called them a couple of times, and they said it was in production. That was three weeks ago. Original time quoted was 6 months. I'm a patient guy however,...they have tested the limits. Bad business practice IMO.
    "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom" Gen. George Patton

Brigade Leather....13 months and I can't reach the company any longer. No email or phone messages accepted. They have my order and CC#. Got any ideas?
    "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom" Gen. George Patton

Quote Originally Posted by 1911PKR View Post
    Brigade Leather....13 months and I can't reach the company any longer. No email or phone messages accepted. They have my order and CC#. Got any ideas?
    If they've charged the CC, do a chargeback.

If they haven't charged it -- hard to say.

Links