Where's my holster? - Page 19

Where's my holster?

This is a discussion on Where's my holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all. Bought a couple of holsters from KT Holsters : Concealment Holsters and Accessories For Kel Tec Pistols I paid on July 13th. KT ...

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Where's my holster?

Hi all. Bought a couple of holsters from KT Holsters : Concealment Holsters and Accessories For Kel Tec Pistols
    I paid on July 13th. KT Holsters sent an email a few weeks later saying that they were waiting on a leather shipment. I've been trying to reach them and they have not responded to their email. There may be some other people in a similar situation with this company according to a thread on ktog.org (a kel-tec discussion forum).

I have a dispute pending with paypal as KT Holsters has not replied to any emails and does not offer a contact phone number on ktholsters.com.

Just wanted to share. If I hear anything from KTHolsters I will post a followup.

Looking for others who have delivery problems with Terry Savanich of Our Bandit Leather Crafters in Ohio.

$300 custom leather rig ordered '20' months ago (1/08). Can get 'NO' delivery date (originally 4 months) other than . . . "When I can get to it." by this company. Terry Savanich is 'very' difficult to get any kind of 'business like' response from. Makes you 'wait longer' if you question his non-completion of contract . . . as a 'lesson'!

Administrator

Our Bandit

Hopefully you paid by major Credit Card. If not you are probably screwed.

From The Web............

Dear Readers. I’ll not even pretend to know what the hell is going on with Terry Savanich of ‘Our Bandit Leather Crafters’ anymore. Over the last few months my mailbox has had increasing traffic telling me every possible version of horror story possible. Now the complaints have reached the point of at least one a day! It appears that for whatever reason - and despite making some mighty fine leather - Terry has decided to screw over dozens of would-be purchasers of his wares. Yep, I understand being sick. Done enough of that myself! However, there is NO reason that he couldn’t be honest and refund the money to his prepaid clients if he isn’t physically capable of doing the work he contracted to do.

As all of you are no doubt aware, I wrote of my praise concerning Terry’s leather work when I received, promptly, my leather from him. Now The Bull is feeling guilty for possibly leading many readers astray. (Gods! I hope that none of this really is my fault.) I can’t help but feel as if I’ve been ripped off, too, for supporting Terry in his business and in his supposed illness.

NOTE: The Bull, & ‘The Bull Speaks!‘, no longer supports, endorses, or is involved with Terry Savanich or ‘Our Bandit Leather Crafters’. These thieving business practices should not be condoned on any level. More, I recommend that anyone with an order for leather with Terry seek out the Better Business Bureau. If your case is not settled quickly, then you should consider a lawsuit.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by Mardet65 View Post
    On June 17, 2009 I ordered a custom paddle holster and mag pouch for my 239 (Alligator) from Black Hills Leather out of Laredo, Texas. Rudy told me it would be completed in 3 -4 weeks. Although I have no actual complaint and we're only a week or two over the time estimate, I'm just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with this outfit? If so, please let me know good or bad. Thanks
    Well after three times the promised wait time, I received my Alligator paddle holster and mag pouch from Black Hills Leather. I had to prod Rudy via email for the past two weeks and once he mailed it, he sent it UPS ground which lengthened the delay time an additional week, but in the end it was worth it. What a great job. Workmanship is top quality. The entire holster and pouch are alligator, not just applied panels or pieces and the gun and mag fits to perfection. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again. Wait time will be longer than promised, but what a finished product. My photos don't do justice to the quality of the work.
    Attached Images
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

Peeps Beware

I ordered a holster from Brigade Gunleather 14 months ago. I have been promised delivery 3 times. Delivery delayed, it's in the mail, we sent it, WE LOST IT.... holster is in the mail again. They may have miscalculated alittle since the quoted delivery was about 6 to 7 months. (that was 7-23-2008). Calling this company is like callin' the White House. You can NOT email them or leave a message. Communication is to say the least .... not possible with Brigade. They don't accept messages. Before anyone ask, "why didn't you cancel the order." Cuz ya can't reach em' to do so. If you do speak to someone..."it's in production" or "in the mail". Yep...I got strung along for 14 months. LOL

This company has to rank in the top 3 of WORST holster companies on the net. I can't comment on the quality. I'm a pretty patient man but...this is beyond me. Don't waste your time
    "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom" Gen. George Patton

Our Bandit Leather

Last I heard from Terry Savanich was an email dated 6/17/09 stating that, 'He would be finishing up my 'long overdue' (from 01/08)) order within the next 'few weeks' and wanted to verify that I still lived at the same address. Nothing what so ever since then . . . '12' weeks now.

This company would not accept credit card payment so I contacted my bank (Wells Fargo) and had them issue and mail 'Bill Pay' bank checks to Gail Savanich and noting the 'order numbers' to which these checks ($211/$80) were dedicated to.

Wells Fargo tracked the checks and has documentation that the checks 'were received' and Gail Savanich cash 'both' within a week of recept . . . which 'sealed the deal' and tied the bank check payments to the order numbers on my 'Our Bandit Leather Invoice/Receipt and Order Description' correspondence (with the contracts 'agreed to' and 'promised' delivery dates for the order.

I talked with Wells Fargo legal department yesterday and they are more than willing to assist with this documentation when I persue 'legal action' against this company(?) . . . which is NOT far off!

I read through this thread and checked out Coal Creek Armory online. They have a notice on their page that they are no longer going to carry the Brommeland Holsters and are liquidating the few they have left. I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing for anyone still in limbo with Gary. If this was brought up before and I missed it, I apologize for the redundancy.

No more Brommeland Gunleather at Coal Creek Armory

I also have an order with Brigade Holsters. Quoted 7 to 8 months at the time of order. That was June/26/2008. Apparently they're only taking phone calls on Fridays now. Last time I spoke with them 2 months ago, they just started on June 08's orders. Still nothing.

This is the worst business I have ever dealt with. I'm about the call my credit card company and see if I can just stop any charges made by Brigade. At this point, I don't even want the damn thing.

Ordered my CrossBreed holster 2 weeks ago...

Still haven't gotten it. I contacted I guess the dude who makes them, and is the primary owner by email. He wont pick up the phone. I've called several times on different occassions. He sent me the tracking number, and I looked up the tracking number and it says it went to my local area and than was available at a p.o. box. Than was forwarded because of wrong address. Which is why I'm assuming he put the wrong address on it. I than emailed him about 4 days later which was this morning, and it being now 5pm I would assume he would have read it by now seeing its a buisness email. I'm very unhappy with the way this has gone. I've ordered more than a few things online, this is the first time I've had something sent to me usps, instead of ups or fedex, and this is horrible. I spent nearly 80.00 on a holster that I haven't even gotten. I don't have just 80.00 to just throw away and forget about. I've checked the tracking number recently and there has been no update in 4 days.
    A man with a briefcase can steal millions more than any man with a gun.

No law ever prevented a crime.
    -Anonymous

A Fool refuses to protect himself, his family, and his home. - Me

If it is USPS, call them and they will tell you which PO it went to. Then visit the PO, tracking # in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerThat View Post
    I've ordered more than a few things online, this is the first time I've had something sent to me usps, instead of ups or fedex, and this is horrible. I spent nearly 80.00 on a holster that I haven't even gotten. I don't have just 80.00 to just throw away and forget about. I've checked the tracking number recently and there has been no update in 4 days.
    - Sorry to hear about your experience. I ordered a Crossbreed holster and had it delivered in 5 days via USPS. One thing you should note is that USPS is horrific when it comes to tracking packages. It's nothing like UPS or FedEx. I've literally had to wait until minutes before the package was delivered to get an actual update on the package.

I'm not sure how much Crossbreed would be able to help you on this. I'm not sure if they have more information from the USPS than you would via the tracking number. Best of luck.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerThat View Post
    Still haven't gotten it. I contacted I guess the dude who makes them, and is the primary owner by email. He wont pick up the phone. I've called several times on different occassions. He sent me the tracking number, and I looked up the tracking number and it says it went to my local area and than was available at a p.o. box. Than was forwarded because of wrong address. Which is why I'm assuming he put the wrong address on it. I than emailed him about 4 days later which was this morning, and it being now 5pm I would assume he would have read it by now seeing its a buisness email. I'm very unhappy with the way this has gone. I've ordered more than a few things online, this is the first time I've had something sent to me usps, instead of ups or fedex, and this is horrible. I spent nearly 80.00 on a holster that I haven't even gotten. I don't have just 80.00 to just throw away and forget about. I've checked the tracking number recently and there has been no update in 4 days.
    Please PM me with your personal info and I will look into it.
    You order number would be good too.

As to the phone, we have lines stacked two and three deep frequently, just leave a message and we'll call you back.

Sounds like it went to the wrong box or something, but I'll need to know who you are to fix it

thanks
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

Sponsor
    Rogerthat,

I asked the office staff if your situation sounded familiar to them and they said yes, they knew of it and were getting ready to follow up and so we looked into it.

I personally double checked the order and it was sent to the "ship to" address that you provided.

The tracking number says undeliverable as addressed, not sure why that is but we did copy exactly what you provided.

If you would like to PM the "ship to" address that it was to go to so I can compare that to what was on your order and what we shipped to, I'd be glad to verify it

If it was undeliverable, it is likely on it's way back to us.

Thanks, I will also cc this to you via email
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

looks like I got everything cleared up.. The holster is on the way back to crossbreed in missouri. Long story short it was an error by the postal office. I just wanted to clear up crossbreed holsters name from any blame. They did what they were supposed to do. Looking forward to getting my holster though. Waited 2 weeks for it, probably goin to have to wait another... but it'll be worth it in the end.. better late than never
    A man with a briefcase can steal millions more than any man with a gun.

No law ever prevented a crime.
    -Anonymous

A Fool refuses to protect himself, his family, and his home. - Me

Exclamation Our Bandit Leather & Terry Savanich

Concerning 'our Bandit Leather Crafters' & Terry Savanich...

I operate The Bull Speaks!, a blog out of Mobile, AL.

Some time back I ordered one of Terry's half-flap designs for my then new "Ruger New Vaquero". (My 'everyday' carry piece, though I carry it in a pancake from Simply Rugged.) It is a marvel, one of my prized possessions. Being very proud of it, I wrote a piece praising Terry's work. About a year later I began getting comments about late work or no delivery at all. I contacted Terry and got the story about an illness. Being a disabled Vet myself, I understood.

Over time, though, things continued to go down hill & Terry simply refused to reply to me or anyone else.

This prompted me to write another article urging folks to contact the BBB in Terry's state. Many folks wrote in with their stories. Some have contacted the Attorney-General in that state and have now received their product. (Some may have got a refund, I'm not sure.)

Sadly, there was a recent database meltdown on my blog so all of those comments are lost. It is up and running again and I have re-posted my last on Terry. If you have any info on how to contact Terry, or the Attorney-General, please go there and make comment so that others may find relief.

I feel really bad that I praised this guy so much and others got taken. Reckon I was just a lucky one. (or got taken because he knew I would post stuff about his work). If anyone here ordered on my recommendation, let me sincerely apologize right here. I feel like a heel...

Bull, out.
    Last edited by The Bull; November 12th, 2009 at 12:32 PM. Reason: add photo

Links