Where's my holster? - Page 21

Where's my holster?

This is a discussion on Where's my holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Our Bandit Leather/Terry Savanich "REFUND CHECK" . . . Postal Money Order sent USPS Priority Mail for full amount ($291) of original (Jan '08) order ...

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Where's my holster?

Our Bandit Leather/Terry Savanich

"REFUND CHECK" . . . Postal Money Order sent USPS Priority Mail for full amount ($291) of original (Jan '08) order received 2/22/10. 2+ year frustrating ordeal 'finally' over!
    Thank you Investigator 'Monica Gregory' & rest of Ohio A/G staff !!!

ccwsupply.biz

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    On 12/12/2009 I ordered a Ross M18 Southern Comfort IWB holster from ccwsupply.biz and paid by CC. They advised in their order confirmation that MOST orders would be shipped within 7 days and if needed to be ordered, 8-9 weeks. I emailed them recently to check the status of my order and never received a reply. I just read a similar post by Aldedegramps and am getting concerned. Anyone else have any experience with CCWSUPPLY.BIZ
    i ordered the exact same holster for my sr9 and was charged instantly,but have yet to get it.after looking at ross' site dont even think they make it for my gun.i have also complained with bbb in his area,and am considering AG's office as well ,but after reading some on here dont look like they will get much done either.

Bulman Gunleather

I purchased a Bulman FDS or forward drop scabbard for my Springfield 1911 EMP on August 13th 2009.

Never got any acknowledgement that the order was received only the PayPal transaction.

Several E-Mails to both the address on their website and the PayPal e-mail address, messages left via telephone, no response.

I would just like to know that I will eventually get the holster and the money is not lost.

Attempted a dispute through paypal but the transaction is so old it cannot be acted on by them.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt629 View Post
    I purchased a Bulman FDS or forward drop scabbard for my Springfield 1911 EMP on August 13th 2009.

Never got any acknowledgement that the order was received only the PayPal transaction.

Several E-Mails to both the address on their website and the PayPal e-mail address, messages left via telephone, no response.

I would just like to know that I will eventually get the holster and the money is not lost.

Attempted a dispute through paypal but the transaction is so old it cannot be acted on by them.
    I'd try sending a letter via certified mail.

Bulman Gunleather PO Box 361 Newry, PA 16665

I hate hearing stories like this, I'd really like to have a Bulman rig someday.

I am at the end of my wits with Bulman Gunleather. I order an IWB holster from him almost a year ago, on May 19th to be exact, and I cannot get in touch with him by phone or by email. In a nutshell, he stole $136 from me! Has anybody else had this problem with Josh? I'm at the point now that if something isn't done, and I mean like REAL SOON, I'll have no choice but to HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, DO BUSINESS WITH HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VIP Member
    Personally, I won't pre-pay for a holster that allows the maker to ride on my money for periods exceeding 30-days. In fact, unless it’s a major holster company like’ Safariland, Galco or similar, I won’t pre-pay at all. I will allow them to retain my payment method and charge me when the item ships. I do so, based solely on stories like this. Hopefully, you can dispute the charge and have it credited back to your card/account. I know that my bank is very good about this, and it will get the vendor’s attention.

Caveat: Of course if the holster is so custom that it requires an expedition to the Himalayas to track down that rare bat that lives in a deep and dangerous cave, whereby you simply have to have its skin; then that’s different.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Personally, I won't pre-pay for a holster that allows the maker to ride on my money for periods exceeding 30-days. In fact, unless it’s a major holster company like’ Safariland, Galco or similar, I won’t pre-pay at all.
    Same here, and it's been a hard-earned, bitter experience. After dealing with the shenanigans of (ETA: some of) these small outfits -- the way they shine you on with a dishonestly short delivery estimate; then charge your CC a microsecond after you put the phone down; then the next thing you know, it's been 11 months and they're dodging your phone calls, or making some bogus excuse and saying it'll "ship out this week" -- ENOUGH.

Never again. Sure, there are emerging holster makers from whom you can get a great product, but it's not worth it to take the chance until after they prove themselves. Now I only deal with vendors with a proven track record of customer service. Another lesson learned (from Alessi, sadly enough): when a previously great company changes owner, their previous track record is erased, and they need to establish good will all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I hate hearing stories like this, I'd really like to have a Bulman rig someday.
    Their gear is indeed top-notch, but IMO not worth the guaranteed aggravation.

3D

TSC Holsters / Dave Vaughan

Appreciate the Forum - hope this is not "off topic".

Perhaps my present/pending/unreceived order experience with TSC Holsters for their IWB UCR can give a "heads-up" to others who may consider it for themselves.
    Order placed 1/15/2010 online at their website. No confirmation or acknowledgement e-mail from seller. (First missed clue) Receipt from PayPal letting me know they sucked $$ from my CC and paid seller.
    3 months go by . . no holster . . no communication. My e-mail re: order status responded to with "apologies for the very delayed response", and explanations of "a good chunk of January in the hospital" (Second missed clue how come so many holster makers have emergency illnesses? . . just asking)
    Seller asks me to "be patient" "worth the wait" etc.
    2 more months go by . . no holster . . no communication. My e-mail re: order status NOT RESPONDED TO (Third missed clue ) After 17 weeks of waiting . . no holster . . no communication; he has not responded to my request to cancel or refund.
    My cautionary note: any lead time / backorder time greater than 60 days takes you past the 45-day time limit to make a PayPal claim and the 60 day time-limit to make a Visa dispute claim (as in - he gets to keep your money)

Do not order from josh bulman!!!!!!!

Just a warning. You'll never see your money or your holster! $136 lighter in the pocket, over a year waiting, and he does not respond to any calls or emails.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    I looked it up. You are right. It is stated that the wait time and backlog is about a year. No way I will ever buy any holster from him. And thank you for bringing this up and sorry you had to learn the hard way.

I've seen this talked about on other forums. Question is, why would any holster maker, regardless of their ability to produce, take orders more than a few months in advance? Milt Sparks does it pretty well, I think. They open thier order lines once a month, and take a month's quota worth of orders.
    COTEP member and 1911Forum reject

Unfortunate, but thanks for telling everyone.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

I'm no great commercial holster maker,but I won't even take payment until the holster is done.And even then if they aren't 100% satisfied then I will refund their money.I think anybody taking payments that far in advance are basically running a ponzi scheme,taking in money to pay for holsters that were ordered a year prior
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I'm no great commercial holster maker,but I won't even take payment until the holster is done.And even then if they aren't 100% satisfied then I will refund their money.I think anybody taking payments that far in advance are basically running a ponzi scheme,taking in money to pay for holsters that were ordered a year prior
    Hey Steve, your money's safe, I like my holster! Dave M.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Links