Where's my holster?

This is a discussion on Where's my holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by nitrohead I am at the end of my wits with Bulman Gunleather. I order an IWB holster from him almost a year ...

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Where's my holster?

Quote Originally Posted by nitrohead View Post
    I am at the end of my wits with Bulman Gunleather. I order an IWB holster from him almost a year ago, on May 19th to be exact, and I cannot get in touch with him by phone or by email. In a nutshell, he stole $136 from me! Has anybody else had this problem with Josh? I'm at the point now that if something isn't done, and I mean like REAL SOON, I'll have no choice but to HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, DO BUSINESS WITH HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Based on my experience with Josh, you should not worry, you as well as the others posting will receive your holsters.

Ordered only a year ago, boy are you impatient!!! LOL

The wait time for my most recent orders from Josh was approximately 2 years. I think that his gear is worth the wait. I understand that the wait time is coming down as Josh is not taking new orders to catch-up with his backlog. While Josh's communications with customers could be improved, there are limitations as to what a one man shop can do and still make a reasonable living with reasonable work hours. After all, we are dealing with a $150 holster and not a $5,000 custom 1911, or GOD forbid a $$$$$ custom rifle. I knew all of this when I ordered from Josh and was resolved to be PATIENT. If T. Kanaley were the only person crafting gear at Milt Sparks instead of the approximately 7 craftsman currently working there, the wait time would be 3 1/2 years instead of 6 months!

I have rigs from most of the top holster makers and, IMHO, Josh is one of the top three or four craftsman along with Del Fatti, Sparks, and 5 shot. I don't have any gear from Alex Nossar.

If you keep trying 814-696-8615 (the number on his web site), you will eventually reach him. He is very pleasant to deal with. Anyway, I hope these ramblings will provide some comfort to you that you have not been scammed and that you and the others will eventually receive your holsters.

Regards,
    John

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by JMB1911 View Post
    Based on my experience with Josh, you should not worry, you as well as the others posting will receive your holsters.

The wait time for my most recent orders from Josh was approximately 2 years. I think that his gear is worth the wait.
    Regards,
    John
    No holster is worth a two year wait. Think about that, 2 YEARS. I don't care how good his work is, it is a piece of leather that you are going to put on your belt and cover with a coat or shirt most of the time. He should not be taking orders if his back log is so big and he should not be asking for money up front either. A lot can change in two years. I bet most of his customers on the two year backlog would cancel their orders if they could.

There are a lot of good holster makers out here and a lot of up and comers. There is no reason to wait two years. Just my opinion.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Landor View Post
    No holster is worth a two year wait. Think about that, 2 YEARS. I don't care how good his work is, it is a piece of leather that you are going to put on your belt and cover with a coat or shirt most of the time. He should not be taking orders if his back log is so big and he should not be asking for money up front either. A lot can change in two years. I bet most of his customers on the two year backlog would cancel their orders if they could.

There are a lot of good holster makers out here and a lot of up and comers. There is no reason to wait two years. Just my opinion.
    He's not taking new orders, keep it on topic of the thread or don't post.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Originally Posted by Bumper in a previous post in this thread.

This thread is for those of you that have a problem to communicate those problems and, once resolved, inform everyone of the outcome. If you don't have a pending holster order, I ask that you refrain from posting here. If you do have a pending order, feel free to make a post with the details and, upon resolution another post of what the final situation is. All other posts to this thread will be subject to being deleted. If the thread does not get back to it's intended focus, it will be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by boatail View Post
    Thanks for the post. I guess my only option now, is to wait.
    The wait is over, recieved the holster today ( 7/19 ). It works as advertised and even carries a G22 perfectly. I'm satisfied
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Nossar Gunleather not responding

I ordered a considerably expensive rig from Alex Nossar back in February and paid for it in mid-march. During this process he was very responsive and communicative. At the time he asked for my funds he mentioned that he would be starting on the rig. I followed up once in June via email and phone call, again in July and now multiple emails and phone calls in August. I went into this knowing that it would probably take quite a bit of time but I was also expecting the same level of feedback that I received before I paid for the rig.

Now I am a bit concerned that I have no idea what is going on and there is absolutely no response coming from Nossar. I guess my question is if anyone here knows if he is still in business? Is this normal? What were your wait times and did you have this lack of response? Did you pay at time of order or as soon as he began working on the rig?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Ramon

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar

Bulman still missing ... 2 years, 9 months and still counting.

I keep hearing from others to be paitent, but really? Its almost been three years and he hasnt sent an email or nothing? This is begining to get to the point of obscenity.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Bulman Gun Leather delays

Quote Originally Posted by fed_wif_a_sig View Post
    I keep hearing from others to be paitent, but really? Its almost been three years and he hasnt sent an email or nothing? This is begining to get to the point of obscenity.
    "fed",

I must have done something right...or something. I placed my order to Josh in mid-December 2009 and was even able to get an email update or two from him along the way. The original email acknowledgement/communication said delivery would be in around five months but it actually took seven. The finished product was awesome and once he gets things in order I may place a second order for another pistol.

Hope your situation works out in the end but I would try to keep emailing Bulman Gun Leather and asking for updates.

Regards,

Ed

DM Bullard Leather

Does anyone know if Dave Bullard is backed up on his orders? I ordered a belt and a mag holder on 6/7/2010. As per his website, he has a 10-12 week lead time....it has been already 14 weeks going on 15. I have emailed him but he has not responded. I know he is a very busy man and I dont want to email him again as that would take time away from him working on his products. I have ordered from him in the past and he has always delivered on time. The only reason I order from him is due to his reasonable wait times. Any Holster Maker that has more than a twelve week lead time I WILL NOT DO BUSINESS WITH(no product is worth that much wait time). Im just wondering if Dave is backed up. I know Im beeing a stickler but anything more than 12 weeks wait time is unacceptable to me. I hoping he responds to my email soon...if not, I will probably ask for a refund.
    Last edited by joeyrh9; September 14th, 2010 at 04:04 PM.
    Remember as a rule of thumb in defensive carry...your intention is always to STOP....not to hurt, however; in a gun fight, its either me or them.....and Im sure as hell that it will NOT be me.
    -joey rh

I'M on week 14 nad he has not responded to my email.

DM Bullard

Quote Originally Posted by BIKERIDER View Post
    I'M on week 14 nad he has not responded to my email.
    Oh boy, HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM.

I am probably going to email him early next week as that will be the 15th week already. If he does not respond, Im just going to email him again and ask for a refund. There is probably some family issues as he has on his website something about a family member being sick. Im understanding of that but in return Dave will need to be understanding to the fact that there will probably be people asking for a refund. I hope all is well with him.
    Remember as a rule of thumb in defensive carry...your intention is always to STOP....not to hurt, however; in a gun fight, its either me or them.....and Im sure as hell that it will NOT be me.
    -joey rh

DM Bullard

Well, I regret to inform that I have asked DM Bullard for a refund for goods not recieved. I had emailed Mr Bullard a week after my product was due and he never responded. He must be heavily backed up due to the family issued that have come about in his personal life. Although I am understanding of his family issues, I am not willing to wait any longer for my Leather. It has been 15 weeks since I placed my order and it was due to arrive at my house by 12 weeks. I hope that I can do business with Mr. Bullard in the future when his personal life is stable, but for now I would perfer he refund my money so that I can invest it somewhere else. I will post an update of when the refund is given in order to close out this pending issue.
    -joey rh

DM Bullard
    UPDATE:

Well, Mr. Bullard emailed me back yesterday letting me know that his shop had gotten flooded in and his internet was down. He informed me he was working on my order and he will be shipping it off this week. I guess he has not seen my recent email asking for a refund. Well, the way I see it, if he does ship my order off to me by this week...that will be fine. I like his product but like I said in an earlier post....no matter how good the product is, no product is worth waiting for more than 12 weeks. Im glad Mr. Bullard contacted me and gave me an update. I just hope my order really does ship off this week. I will update everyone once I recieve my order or if anything else out of the ordinary happens.
    -joey rh

Well I have a story to tell. On July 15th I oredered a complete rig from arizona gunleather. They posted a 3-6 week time span. 6 weeks comes no leather, I emailed them their reply some technical issues pushing now to 8 weeks. No problem things happen, now it will be 11 weeks tomorrow, nothing. I have to email them and all I get its being processed or even something definitive at least. I have to email them they sure in the heck do not . I have asked for a refund even though their web site says no refund. They have not responded yet and probaly will not. Its ashame because they look like some nice leather they make. Now I hope they do not rush my order just to satisfy me and the quality not be good. All I ask be truthful and have better communications with their customers.

All I ask be truthful and have better communications with their customers.
    That's really all any of us ask.

If you have the name of the actual leather bender, and making holsters is a "side job", perhaps a call to his place of employment is in order? You can ask if he has approval for outside employment, etc, etc. Be sure to let them know that he took your money, but didn't send you your product in the agreed upon amount of time. Maybe a call to the County Attorney's office is in order too?

Biker

Update!I was informed my rig will ship out Oct.4th, we will see.

Links