Where's my holster?

This is a discussion on Where's my holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Brommeland Order Chronology 7/11/2006 Placed order for Max Con V & single mag pouch. Quoted delivery time: 20 weeks. 7/14/2006 Added extra belt loop set ...

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Where's my holster?

Brommeland Order Chronology

7/11/2006
    Placed order for Max Con V & single mag pouch.
    Quoted delivery time: 20 weeks.

7/14/2006
    Added extra belt loop set to order.

10/19/2006
    Sent email to check on delivery since hearing Gary's back had gone out. Remy replied that they would be on schedule for my order delivery around the end of November/beginning of December.

12/14/2006
    Remy responded to my email, said they were now running 6-8 weeks.

1/28/2007
    Remy responded that my order would be on Gary's bench in about 4 weeks, but if I needed it before then, to let them know.

3/14/2007
    Remy responded that it would be about 3 weeks for my order, or I could downgrade it to service grade and get it it about a week and a half. I replied that I'd wait the extra 1-1/2 weeks for the presentation grade model I ordered.

4/20/2007
    Remy responded that she screwed up on the 3 week delivery time and that Gary was finishing up a batch of belts, but would have my order in the very next batch of work, and that she would notify me when it was on the way.

6/26/2007
    After 3 emails, Remy finally responds. Tells me that "Gary is working on your order right now," and that she'd contact me in 7-10 days to let me know it's on the way.

10/19/2007
    I send Gary a PM via DefensiveCarry.com, since I'm told he would answer that, whereas he wouldn't answer an email.

10/27/2007
    Gary responds that he should have my order out in a couple of weeks.

11/27/2007
    Gary sends a PM via DefensiveCarry.com that my order will ship that week, unless I'd rather have a refund. I respond that no, I'd like to receive the products I ordered.

It's now 12/26/2007.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

2. Remove Ads

Where is the integrity? This whole thing is like a con game. Each of us got told the same lies when there was no intention or even a way possible to follow through. And all the time he was taking new orders, making new promises, and starting new businesses.

I could have had CONSECUTIVE orders filled from Matt Delfatti and Josh Bulman.

Original order: September 12, 2005.

Sad it has come to this point.

I've tried to stay on the sidelines of this and see how it plays out. I too have an order in with Gary. Max Con, service grade ordered July/August 06. Card charged on 8/2/06. I had a holster from Gary that I was more than impressed with and I still believe his work is second to none. However, the old saying "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" Well, it is obvious that Gary has been fooling many people, probably himself too, for a long time. That's sad for everyone involved.

As consumers, we make decisions everyday as to where we spend our money. My hope is that I can get a quality product, fairly priced and be able to deal with people I can trust. Gary has produced a quality product that has been fairly priced but has lost my trust. He has been on this site as recently as today and has chosen not to reply in any manner.
    All I can do is cancel my order and when my refund comes, place a new order with someone that has an established track record of quality, pricing and trust.

I truly hope and pray that Gary can get this situation fixed. When he does, I will be first in line to place an order.

Bulman

Please do not mention Bulman name until my holster arrives. I do not want to encourage a possible longer order list and delay my order.

Suggest keeping your favorite holter maker secret.
    "Politicians and Bureaucrats, depend very much on the complicity of their victims, and like criminals, are flummoxed when we don't play the victim role."

Hats off for Eric Larsen who comes forward and chimes in that other thread.

I wish Gary Brommeland would do that too. I guess we just don't worth it...it's just only a few hundred guys anyways.
    It seems like at this point he only cares to fill orders with CCA and his costumers are long forgotten-ignored.
    I carry a gun cause I can't carry a cop.

Eric's holsters are nice. Gary's backed up and he offers 2 styles 1 color.huh

This is really enlightening, I posted to a recent thread where a fella had received his Brommeland holster, I asked if he got it from Gary or from CCA, it was from the latter.
    In that post I also complained about folks getting their product pretty fast from CCA where my eleven month old order was apparently no where near ready.

I received several PM's from folks in the same boat.

Gary - If you are reading this, I do not want to cancel my order.

I have contacted Gary by email/PMs no more than 4-6 times per year. My letters have not been hot headed, nor asking for more than what I already paid for. One of the moderaters here who was privy to them may or may not care to chime in here as to the content of my messages. Some of them were even set up in a private area on this forum. I just sent Gary the following message:

Gary,

I'm writing to ask that you please fill my order. I ordered from you, and you took my money, on September 12, 2005. You gave me a partial order and a promise of 2 extra belts after nearly a 2 year wait. Not good enough. Nobody has waited longer than me. I gave you my money the day you opened your TN shop. Please, no more false representations. All I want is my order. Please add integrity to your process by filling the orders in the order they were received/paid for.

RobbW

Here is Gary's reply:

Robb,
    I am cancelling the remained of your order. A refund check will be forthcoming yet this week. I told you before to get off my ass - I meant it.

"get off my ass"? After 2 years, 4 months? Are you kidding?? Apparently to Gary "get off my ass" means not to request an old, paid for holster order in the order in which it was taken by him.

I will post back when I receive his check/letter and then consider the matter closed. Too bad I wasted so much time waiting on vaporware. Shame on me I guess, when the warning signs were there.

VIP Member
    Kudos to Mark at Crossbreed. The Super Tuck Deluxe is the most comfortable IWB, very nicely priced, with great waranty service, and delivers on time in short order.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

2 years, 18 months, 14 months wait! This is just two pieces of leather sewn together. I remember when you could get a full house custom 1911 in 18 - 24 months. And that was with most of the fitting and checkering done by hand. Now it takes years and that's with cnc machining.

Holsters are something that we are going to wear unseen. No one is going to notice the boning or the color or the exotic trim. I have Bianchi, Don Hume, Ted Blocker concealment holsters that I've used for 20 years and they still look and work fine. My most recent purchase was a Don Hume JIT holster that cost me $25.00, new, and no wait. It looks just as good as the Bruce Nelson design that some makers are selling for 85+ dollars plus the wait.

They are taking in more work than they can handle and some of the money they are collecting in advance is used to buy material for the previous order and the rest is sitting in a bank making interest.They are turning a profit, and with the amount of work they claim to have, I'm guessing it's a nice profit. Plus the interest made from advanced money. I don't see them taking any of their profits to invest in the materials. It always the next buyer's money. If they go under the buyer looses, not the seller.

I don't think it's fair that the holster makers should get full payment in advance. I think they should only get a deposit, and the rest on delivery. With the amount of orders they claim to have it shouldn't be a problem for them to sell the holster being made, if the original buyer changes his or her mind, and also the maker still gets to keep the deposit. I believe it's poor business ethics for them as one man shops to take in more work than what they can do in a reasonable time.

And I think the big slap in the face is these guys come to sites like this wanting to be buddies and then crying on our shoulder and giving excuses of why they're behind. After reading these post I wonder how some can sugar coat the behavior of these people, you're being screwed over.

After all that being said,, I do have a Josh Bulman iwb, PDL holster, and a Sparks Watch Six. The Bulman is a great looking piece but who's going to see it? No one I hope. And for an iwb holster, do you need all that boning? It took four months to get it. That was about 2 1/2years ago. For the Sparks holster I paid scalper's prices.

Would I do again? I don't think so. The Bulman design isn't something new. I can get the same design cheaper and faster maybe not with the same attention to detail, but just as comfortable. Who needs detail and boning on an iwb holster. The Sparks Watch Six, what's there to say, it's just two pieces of leather sewn together, and for me, it wasn't worth the wait.

I've satisfied my ego, I won't do it again,

Demand your money back now. Tell them to notify you when they are ready to start on your holster and then send them only a deposit.

Is anyone here so scared to loose their place in line, or scared to ruffle their feather because they worry that they won't get a good holster. What the heck you may get it done sooner if you reshuffle the deck.

I've said my piece, now you all can gang up on me, but please no kicks to the head, John

John,

You are pretty much right on with what you are saying, but a holster goes beyond just two pieces of leather being sewn together.
    The big difference is the quality and attention to detail of the custom holsters and a custom holster is far beyond a store bought holster IMO.
    They are hand made and of the big names make the best quality holsters in the world money can buy.

Some may not be able to tell but us custom holster chasers can easily.
    Although you are right they both work and do the job, but a custom is the better all around holster.
    I have tossed some of the over the counter holsters you are talking about in the trash, where others have been pretty good and have worked fine.

All I know is that it is high time these makers listed in this thread have gotten the beans spilled on them.
    It will open a lot of eyes as the trail of BS that has been left behind stinks and stinks bad.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbW View Post
    I have contacted Gary by email/PMs no more than 4-6 times per year. My letters have not been hot headed, nor asking for more than what I already paid for. One of the moderaters here who was privy to them may or may not care to chime in here as to the content of my messages. Some of them were even set up in a private area on this forum. I just sent Gary the following message:

Gary,

I'm writing to ask that you please fill my order. I ordered from you, and you took my money, on September 12, 2005. You gave me a partial order and a promise of 2 extra belts after nearly a 2 year wait. Not good enough. Nobody has waited longer than me. I gave you my money the day you opened your TN shop. Please, no more false representations. All I want is my order. Please add integrity to your process by filling the orders in the order they were received/paid for.

RobbW

Here is Gary's reply:

Robb,
    I am cancelling the remained of your order. A refund check will be forthcoming yet this week. I told you before to get off my ass - I meant it.

"get off my ass"? After 2 years, 4 months? Are you kidding?? Apparently to Gary "get off my ass" means not to request an old, paid for holster order in the order in which it was taken by him.

I will post back when I receive his check/letter and then consider the matter closed. Too bad I wasted so much time waiting on vaporware. Shame on me I guess, when the warning signs were there.
    I think most would agree in their line of work, one would be out in the streets and on their asses if they treated customers like that. This thread is getting sadder & sadder. Where are all those folks quick to rush to these guys defense now? Maybe now people can understand what has really been going on.
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

Circa 1989, I placed an order with Brommeland after reading an article about him in Combat Handguns. It took him 9 months or so to fill the order; he had injured his back, as I recall. The rig (a Summer Special variation) was really nice - I still have it. He sort of disappeared; then a VERY well-known maker mentioned he was back in business a few years ago. He shipped one order, but renegged on a second. He was a bit snotty when he responded to my e-mail, noting that hurricanes had crippled Florida, and suggested I was selfish for expecting delivery. I never got the holster and simply chalked it up as a live and learn experience.

I do business with one maker who offers several models and belt slot options, but refrains from custom work. I ALWAYS get my stuff in less than eight weeks.
    Last edited by FRT007; December 27th, 2007 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Add info

Quote Originally Posted by FRT007 View Post
    He shipped one order, but renegged on a second. He was a bit snotty when he responded to my e-mail, noting that hurricanes had crippled Florida, and suggested I was selfish for expecting delivery. I never got the holster and simply chalked it up as a live and learn experience.
    Clearly this leopard has had MANY opportunities to change his spots, but has chosen not to change them. This is the clear and consistent picture that is emerging. Sad the business ethics side has failed considering he has talent as a maker.

I have a lot of respect for Eric Larson. He had his own business problems, but is really stepping up to the plate, when it is difficult, to take care of every last customer through communication and actually filling customer orders.
    Last edited by JD; December 27th, 2007 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Fixed quote tags.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrider View Post
    2 years, 18 months, 14 months wait! This is just two pieces of leather sewn together. I remember when you could get a full house custom 1911 in 18 - 24 months. And that was with most of the fitting and checkering done by hand. Now it takes years and that's with cnc machining.

Holsters are something that we are going to wear unseen. No one is going to notice the boning or the color or the exotic trim. I have Bianchi, Don Hume, Ted Blocker concealment holsters that I've used for 20 years and they still look and work fine. My most recent purchase was a Don Hume JIT holster that cost me $25.00, new, and no wait. It looks just as good as the Bruce Nelson design that some makers are selling for 85+ dollars plus the wait.

They are taking in more work than they can handle and some of the money they are collecting in advance is used to buy material for the previous order and the rest is sitting in a bank making interest.They are turning a profit, and with the amount of work they claim to have, I'm guessing it's a nice profit. Plus the interest made from advanced money. I don't see them taking any of their profits to invest in the materials. It always the next buyer's money. If they go under the buyer looses, not the seller.

I don't think it's fair that the holster makers should get full payment in advance. I think they should only get a deposit, and the rest on delivery. With the amount of orders they claim to have it shouldn't be a problem for them to sell the holster being made, if the original buyer changes his or her mind, and also the maker still gets to keep the deposit. I believe it's poor business ethics for them as one man shops to take in more work than what they can do in a reasonable time.

And I think the big slap in the face is these guys come to sites like this wanting to be buddies and then crying on our shoulder and giving excuses of why they're behind. After reading these post I wonder how some can sugar coat the behavior of these people, you're being screwed over.

After all that being said,, I do have a Josh Bulman iwb, PDL holster, and a Sparks Watch Six. The Bulman is a great looking piece but who's going to see it? No one I hope. And for an iwb holster, do you need all that boning? It took four months to get it. That was about 2 1/2years ago. For the Sparks holster I paid scalper's prices.

Would I do again? I don't think so. The Bulman design isn't something new. I can get the same design cheaper and faster maybe not with the same attention to detail, but just as comfortable. Who needs detail and boning on an iwb holster. The Sparks Watch Six, what's there to say, it's just two pieces of leather sewn together, and for me, it wasn't worth the wait.

I've satisfied my ego, I won't do it again,

Demand your money back now. Tell them to notify you when they are ready to start on your holster and then send them only a deposit.

Is anyone here so scared to loose their place in line, or scared to ruffle their feather because they worry that they won't get a good holster. What the heck you may get it done sooner if you reshuffle the deck.

I've said my piece, now you all can gang up on me, but please no kicks to the head, John
    John,
    Since you mentioned charging for orders in advance and Milt Sparks in the same gripe, I thought I'd better chime in to set the record straight.

Except for a couple of conditions which we describe in full on the FAQ on our site, we do not bill the customers credit card until the customers "completed" order is sitting in a box, ready to be shipped.

Approximately 2% of all orders are paid for in advance in accordance to the conditions set forth in our FAQ. But for the other 98%, we get paid only when we finish the job and no sooner.

T
    Second Best is not an option

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Links