Where's my holster? - Page 4

Where's my holster?

This is a discussion on Where's my holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi Chad, 05-09-07 I apologize for not responding to your email more quickly. I am still answering emails that we received when we were out ...

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Where's my holster?

Hi Chad, 05-09-07

I apologize for not responding to your email more quickly. I am still answering emails that we received when we were out of town. Gary is making your holster and mag pouch this week. I will be shipping them out along with a Wilderness belt on the house next week. We don't have any leather to make belts out of on hand. We had ordered leather before Gary's mom passed away, and should be receiving it next week. The problem has been getting strips of leather long enough to make a belt out of that doesn't have cuts or unhealed bug bites and bee stings in it. We will stay on top of the belt, and hopefully be sending it out very soon after the holster and mag pouch, but we won't delay them waiting on the belt. I apologize for all of the delays, and that you went for so long without hearing from us after you emailed us. I hate that when other companies do it to me, and I certainly expect us to give better customer service than that to our customers. I will send you an email confirming that I have shipped your order. Thank you so much! Remy Brommeland

Gary Brommeland
    Brommeland Gunleather
    Holsters Concealment Systems Gunleather Concealed Carry for Weapons
    P. O. Box 813, Sneedville, TN 37869
    This was on 5-9-07 I really feel sorry for remy she has always been polite. This was at my 1 year mark

----- Original Message -----
    To: gbholsterman@earthlink.net
    Sent: 6/20/07 4:16:43 PM
    Subject: Re: reply

Last I was told it was being made the week of 05-01, I understand supply problems, but a year. Dont get me wrong i ordered from you because of quality, and i have a friend that has one of your holsters. I just think it would be time well spent updating your customers on their purchases( at least the ones that are 4-8 months late). Well without leather at least you have had some time off,good luck catching up,looking forward to seeing what i have been waiting on. Thanks, Chad

Time off? I average over 70 hours a week in the shop. I am more than happy to cancel your order and refund the charges to your card. What I am NOT willing to do is spend any more shop time on sarcastic emails. Let me know what you prefer. Thank you.

Gary Brommeland
    Brommeland Gunleather
    Holsters Concealment Systems Gunleather Concealed Carry for Weapons
    P. O. Box 813, Sneedville, TN 37869

Yea, I was a little sarcastic, but I feel that I've earned the right to be a bit sarcastic.
    He said that he had no leather.
    What does a holster maker with no leather make?
    He has had some bad times, but does that turn you into a lier or just bring it out?
    If I was Remy I would Quit.
    LOL, poor girl having to make up excuses for him.

Forgiveness:
    I am not a religious man, so my definition of the word is "to look past."
    Any wrong done here looks, to me, to be not personal nor out of malice. A mere error in judgment compounded by outside influences. Usually when I have made a serious error in judgment, and there has been a few, all hell breaks loose and all the chickens come to roost - yelling pig pile! (an old NH saying). Yes Gary made mistakes and I am certain he is greatly affected by them emotionally. At some point he saw the light at the end of the tunnel-only to discover it was a train coming. I wish him the very best, but if you cannot just think of all the "I told you so" he is getting from the little lady! That may change your mind. Certainly I will survive, Gary will survive and I am sure all of you will survive, holster or not, so let us all get back to our petty little lives.
    YES I do have a horse in this race.
    Ray
    LIVE FREE OR DIE

My order is cancelled and gary said he will get me a check in the mail.
    Just 18 months wasted.
    I'm done with him so maybe that will move some of your orders up.
    True it is just business and a holster.
    I'm sure we have all had unforeseen mishaps in life.
    I wish him the best. Just don't lie to me over and over.
    Gary you have had trouble and have alot of friends on this site and throughout the shooting world.
    Read Eric's thread, he admits it, and is trying to fix it.
    How do you justify being so rude to people that want to buy from you.
    He has gotten weary of my insults as stated in his e-mail..
    Join the club..the truth hurts.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbW View Post
    I have a lot of respect for Eric Larson. He had his own business problems, but is really stepping up to the plate, when it is difficult, to take care of every last customer through communication and actually filling customer orders.
    I have a ton of respect for Eric Larsen too. He has pulled himself from a horrible situation, and is making it up to all of his customers. From the way I understand it, with his bankruptcy he's not legally obligated to make restitution to his customers. He's doing it because he feels a moral obligation. That's the best kind of person right there. It's slow going, because he has to use new orders to pay for old orders, but he is making headway and clearing his backlog.

I've been following his story, and I ended up ordering a holster and magpouch a little while back. His TAT for current orders is only 6-8 weeks. I'm sorry to all of you guys that have been waiting longer than me, but the money he gets from me will help him buy the material for yours.

T. Kanaley said
    Since you mentioned charging for orders in advance and Milt Sparks in the same gripe, I thought I'd better chime in to set the record straight.
    Hello Tony
    I'm sorry for the confusion. I should have been clearer. My only reason for mentioning your name or Josh Bulman's was; 1: 2 1/2 years ago it only took 4 months to get my top of the line iwb holster from Josh Bulman, with all the fine boning, but IMHO the good looking boning wasn't necessary 2: The Milt Sparks Watch Six was two pieces of leather with no fancy unnecessary detailing, which was fine with me. I wasn't going to wait, so I was willing to pay the higher price charged by a retailer.
    The question I have for all of you is, with the amount of back log of customer orders you guys have, how do you manage to keep retailers in stock?

T. Kanaley said:
    Except for a couple of conditions which we describe in full on the FAQ on our site, we do not bill the customers credit card until the customers "completed" order is sitting in a box, ready to be shipped.

Approximately 2% of all orders are paid for in advance in accordance to the conditions set forth in our FAQ. But for the other 98%, we get paid only when we finish the job and no sooner.
    Wow! That's better then what I suggested. What that says to me is that you use company funds to buy materials. That says a lot about your good business ethics .

I am not known for my literary expertise, John

Ray, I'm not sure I understand. People paid money for a product that was, at least in my case, never delivered. If Amazon or LL Bean did this on a regular basis, law enforcement would be looking into the matter. It appears others have experienced serious problems with the same maker. Further, a few other custom makers seem to be in "over their heads" regarding delivery times.

Alerting others to a maker repeatedly engaging in questionable business practices is a good deed, in my opinion.

I can wait for good leather and can forgive the occasional lapse in judgement. That is not the problem here.

FRT007
    I agree,and your point is well taken.
    LIVE FREE OR DIE

Jerry

Eric you asked in this thread for anyone who has an outstanding order to post so you can get their leather out. OK here goes: Jerry Myers- ordered 1/24/07 - COM3 IWB Burgandy w/ Sharkskin Trim (you should have the rest of the info)/Holster Belt/Magazine holder combo w/ flashligh holder. Hope this helps in getting your backorders in line and sincerely hope my outfit can be completed soon.

please excuse this post.
    Last edited by Lasports; December 28th, 2007 at 10:41 AM. Reason: More information forthcoming

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasports View Post
    If this is the case please let us know and we will be happy to put you on our non sell list.
    Just curious, but what is a non sell list? And why would anyone want to be put on one? If he does not want to order, he won't.

Are you saying there is a list (that he requests to be on) that if he wants to order you won't sell to him? Why would anyone do that?

My reading of his post was he was satisfied with your product and service and recognizes that a retailer might charge more for the convenience.

Even if he did feel the price was too high he willingly paid it and did not mention any names. Now you want him placed on your "non sell" list.

I'm so glad this thread is here, it is letting me know who not to ever deal with and who not to recommend to friends. With this place and their non sell list and Gary Brommeland canceling peoples orders and telling them to "get off my ass" the holster business is looking worse and worse.

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Jerry...no worries. Ill get in touch with you soon. Happy Holiday and thanks for the post.
    Shoot well and god bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by myusername View Post
    I'm so glad this thread is here, it is letting me know who not to ever deal with and who not to recommend to friends.
    For all it's worth..... I bought a holster from the gentleman above, LASports, about a year ago. He was very polite and helpful online and his wife was the same on the phone. It was a VMII at a very fair price.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but I somehow doubt that Lightning Arms Sports was the retailer in question.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

SelfDefense, I think Lasports "list" was tongue in cheek. I found John's use of the term "scalper" was a poor choice at best. Lasports does a great service for those of us who either can not or will not wait. They tie up large amounts of money to provide a service. Plus with the quality of their product line, I do not imagine they buy at much below retail.
    And John, I don't think you meant to offend.
    Oh yeh? Well this was sent from the scary black electrical box under my desk, so there!
    "It aint how good you shoot, it's how cool you look doing it." [Fred Sayer 1994]
    H&K P7
    Colt XS, Star PD
    Caracal F

I called Coal Creek to see if they had what I wanted, the same item I ordered from Brommeland direct in Jan '07. He thought he had one, but after a brief period on hold I was informed that they had just sold the last one in stock a couple days ago but to check back in two to three weeks and it should be in stock.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Links