Where's my holster? - Page 5

Where's my holster?

This is a discussion on Where's my holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Ray Blodgett FRT007 I agree,and your point is well taken. Ray, Please allow me to expand upon what FRT007 wrote. Originally Posted ...

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Where's my holster?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Blodgett View Post
    FRT007
    I agree,and your point is well taken.
    Ray, Please allow me to expand upon what FRT007 wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Blodgett View Post
    Forgiveness:
    I am not a religious man, so my definition of the word is "to look past."
    Any wrong done here looks, to me, to be not personal nor out of malice. A mere error in judgment compounded by outside influences.
    Ray
    There is plenty of forgiveness here on this forum. Eric got himself in a bind, similar to Gary, and many of us are now impressed with the way he is turning a very difficult situation around. He is EARNING our respect by communicating openly about his situation, and working off past orders with integrity. I give him credit for doing the right thing when it is hard. That's a real mark of character.

Gary was in a similar situation of getting behind on orders way past due. Instead of asking patience and forgiveness, he spent over two years making excuses (too many orders, too many phonecalls, too many emails, no good leather [not confirmed by other top makers], "your order is finished and shipping", "your order is going into acrylic dip this weekend", "your order is 1 week out", "your order is 2 weeks out", etc.--everything and everyone but Gary are to blame according to him). I thought it was just me, but he reported being hundreds of orders behind. Other customers are reporting similar experiences to mine.

Instead of coming clean and working off old orders, Gary deliberately took new orders and new money. Next he started filling new orders for CCA ahead of private customers! CCA is receiving entire shipments, while customers who have been waiting a LONG time are left dangling in the wind.

Then, after over 2 years of waiting and a minimum of inquiring emails on my part, Gary cancels my order with him. Apparently it's not "convenient" for him to be reminded of just how far behind he is. It's easier to run from the situation, rather than face it with integrity like Eric. I get the sense Gary is in denial about the nature and extent of the situation when he fills orders for CCA ahead of private customers. Everyone seems to "get it" but him.

Gary would have our respect, and this thread never would have needed to be created, if he had earned respect by admitting mistakes, and communicating in an open and HONEST way what he was doing to catch up. Instead there has been a wall of silence, and the brief communication that does come through are Remy and Gary playing "good cop/bad cop" ("the order's on it's way", "I'm forcing Gary to work out in the shop"--then no order appears.

I saved all of the correspondence Gary/Remy and I have had. Gary is not responding here because he cannot deny the facts which have been reported by many, and which are 100% true.

Forgiveness is definitely granted here, but not to those who continue to abrogate personal responsibility, dig their own holes and make things worse for themselves, their customers, and the community.

First post but I talked with Lightning Arms today because I wanted a VM II for a 1911. The fella I talked with was nothing but nice and suggested I contact and order through Sparks instead of guessing and waiting on when they might receive a shipment. ymmv.

I've personally done plenty of business with LAS. I have never heard anyone complain about their customer service. I have heard negative comments pertaining to the prices they charge. That's the beauty of living in America, no one is forcing you to buy from them. This thread clearly has nothing to do with LAS.
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    Please forgive I'm new to the forum scene( I don't want to say anything that would get me banned ). QK when Erics thread opened you jumped up and down. Yet Gary spent time on a computer "a couple of hours somedays" he said as a moderator while his wait list hit 2+ years. He was on today yet nothing.Where is the stand up for fellow member now.. oh it's there What he is doing ??? He already has money for who knows how many orders and suppling more than one shipment too a retailer. I would like to see some 4, 5, and 6 stars chime in. ALL FOR ONE ONE FOR ALL
    Guys I'm not QK, but please don't bring our moderators into this link. Bumper was good enough to open this up for us to air our grievances and we will be able to keep it if WE do't go off topic. Our MODS should not have to explain themselves epecially for trying to keep things within the rules of the forum.
    It has only been with the Eric Larsen thread and this one that we had a truly open forum to share our views.
    Please guys let's not start down this track.

QK; I'm not speaking for you as you don't need me to!!
    Last edited by Gunnutty; December 27th, 2007 at 11:20 PM. Reason: spelling
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Please forgive I'm new to the forum scene( I don't want to say anything that would get me banned ). QK when Erics thread opened you jumped up and down. Yet Gary spent time on a computer "a couple of hours somedays" he said as a moderator while his wait list hit 2+ years. He was on today yet nothing.Where is the stand up for fellow member now.. oh it's there What he is doing ??? He already has money for who knows how many orders and suppling more than one shipment too a retailer. I would like to see some 4, 5, and 6 stars chime in. ALL FOR ONE ONE FOR ALL
    cd,
    I'm not a moderator here, nor do I have have 4,5, or 6 stars, but I don't see any reason for you to pick a fight with QK. I have found QK to be more than fair in my dealings with him. Even the time I found myself on the receiving end of his ire (which I might add, was well deserved on my part).

Be thankful that the staff on this forum is allowing you a conduit to vent your frustration. Since you are new to the forum scene, you probably don't realize that most forums would not even allow this type of thread. Take it in the wrong direction, they just might change their minds.
    Second Best is not an option

Gunnutty,
    I was writing while you were posting and we practically said the exact same thing. I guess brilliant minds think alike!
    Second Best is not an option

Sorry guys, I found this site 20 mins after this thread was made. The only purpose I had was to vent over my holster order. The only person I have a problem with is gary and how I was treated. Great site no more problems out of me once again Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by T. Kanaley View Post
    Gunnutty,
    I was writing while you were posting and we practically said the exact same thing. I guess brilliant minds think alike!
    From you sir that is a compliment!! However if that is the case how come I can't make a decent holster????
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Being the "Brunt" of this and many OTHER threads...I agree with Tony. Let people air their point of view....it isnt gonna hurt anyone!

The facts are the facts, regardless of how much I or any other makers dont want to hear it!

I like what I do and allot of people seem to think I do ok at it...the fact that I can make a holster, doesn't mean I still don't have allot to learn about business. I feel like I'm back in Kindergarten sometimes...but thats where my actions put me.

What else can I say...that wouldn't be complete BS? Shoot well and god bless.......Eric
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Sorry guys, I found this site 20 mins after this thread was made. The only purpose I had was to vent over my holster order. The only person I have a problem with is gary and how I was treated. Great site no more problems out of me once again Sorry
    Hey my friend many of us have been, and still are, where you're at.
    We understand the frustration believe me. Hang in there.

Administrator

I do not feel attacked by cdwolf. The member is understandably and justifiably upset.
    I am OK with his post.

My past interest in the HBE thread was primarily to help some forum members get their previously paid for holsters from Eric.
    I got absolutely no personal satisfaction regarding commenting on Eric.
    I get no enjoyment out of seeing a talented artist/craftsman type individual fail.

So if the question is...Why am I not chiming in here and ripping on Gary Brommeland when I did rip on Eric?
    I best guessing that is the question.

First of all and respectfully that would be the business of nobody else by myself.
    But, in this case all members will just have to trust me when I say that my personal opinion would accomplish nothing motivational or positive anyway so I'd rather just enjoy the forum elsewhere than dwell in here for no useful purpose.

Secondly as a professional courtesy to a former forum moderator I am shutting up when I actually have plenty to say and none of it is very pretty.

Thirdly...I am just as disillusioned and disappointed in a fellow human being as many of you are - and so the loud roar of my complete silence should sound deafening.

And (4) honestly I am feeling quite "burnt out" on all of this holster stuff - and there is not much that I could add that has not already been said...better than I could say it...and by other folks who are more personally and directly involved.

It is my sincere hope that my reply helps to answer any member questions.

If not then "that's too bad."
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Nice post, QKS, thanks for posting.

It's really enough that Bumper opened this thread as a way for members to share information among ourselves and come to terms with the truth of the situation(s).
    Last edited by RobbW; December 28th, 2007 at 01:37 AM. Reason: sloppy grammar

DC Founder
    What we have always tried to do here was to keep the forum neutral. We are, and always have been, in a "damned if we do, damned if we don't" situation regarding the reported holster problems. It doesn't make any difference what we do someone will not be happy about it, but I created this thread as a way of hopefully, getting some of the people that have been left holding an empty bag some resolution. To do that, we had to change our policy regarding holster complaints. I believe all of our staff, and specifically QK, have always done a pretty darned good job of maintaining impartiality here regardless of what we personally feel about this situation. If anyone here, in any way, feels this forum has, in the past, been part of this problem, you can blame me, not my staff. Those that have privately asked my opinion regarding "holster problems" knows where I stand and why we have tried very hard not to become embroiled in it....

I am going to ask that this thread not turn into an holster related editorial section as it's purpose was to allow those that have outstanding orders a place to post their problem.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Lasports said
    John, If you were referring to our company; we are sorry to hear that you felt scalped? If this is the case please let us know and we will be happy to put you on our non sell list. If not please excuse this post. There are business reasons that retailers such as us have to retail products at a higher price then you can buy direct
    No you weren't who I purchased from.

Why are you addressing me. Did I write anything that lead you to believe that I purchased from you? Are you the only retailer?

What does "we will be happy to put you on our non sell list " mean? It doesn't sound very friendly.

SelfDefense, I think Lasports "list" was tongue in cheek. I found John's use of the term "scalper" was a poor choice at best.
    Hi Nat
    At what point does the word scalping apply? Is it 50%, 30%, 20% etc. above full retail price? Do the math on the mark up. It's everybody's prerogative to pay what they want to pay above full retail, but the word is still applies.
    You're right I wasn't trying to offend, I don't know Lasports.

My original post was about the business ethics of holster makers that want full payment in advance, over booking, not delivering in a reasonable time.
    John

Brommeland

Max Con V Presentation Grade
    Belt and Mag Pouch
    Ordered 7-07 Quoted Delivery around November or December 07.(I can see now that my wait will be a bit more )

Bulman Gunleather

Professional Dual Clip Black
    Ordered 5-07 Quoted Delivery Sept -07 (Still Waiting) He told me via phone last week it was "on the bench" and would be out to me soon.... Perhaps I should not hold my breath....

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Links