Where's my holster?

This is a discussion on Where's my holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by dgg9 Classic pancake holster, RH, black, for Glock 17, 1.5" belt loops (permanent), canted, reinforced open top, high back, smooth (normal) side ...

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Where's my holster?

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    Classic pancake holster, RH, black, for Glock 17, 1.5" belt loops (permanent), canted, reinforced open top, high back, smooth (normal) side out, normal ride height.

Ordered and paid for 11/06.
    Holster arrived this week. Btw, major kudos to HBE for letting me send it back for a modification gratis when I changed my mind on a feature I asked for.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    Sorry guys, I found this site 20 mins after this thread was made. The only purpose I had was to vent over my holster order.
    IMO, this thread will be FAR more productive if, rather than a forum for venting, it remains a concise list of due orders...sort of a "punch list" for HBE and whoever else.

ETA: my post is redundant -- that's what you get for posting before reading the last page...

John,
    As mentioned in the original post "please excuse the post."
    I will respond to your questions in a pm.

Now that this has settled down some, it should be culled down to just the "Where's my holster" posts.

Brommeland
    MaxCon V Service Grade
    April 07

Pretty much the same story everyone else is telling.

Quote Originally Posted by dcsmith View Post
    Brommeland
    MaxCon V Service Grade
    April 07

Pretty much the same story everyone else is telling.
    What kind of lead time did he promise you? I ask because at that point he was 19 months overdue with my order (not 19 months since the order was placed, but 19 months overdue). I find it disingenuous that by his own admission he had something "well in excess of 400 orders at the time," was so far behind, yet was promising unrealistic delivery times to new orders.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbW View Post
    What kind of lead time did he promise you? I ask because at that point he was 19 months overdue with my order (not 19 months since the order was placed, but 19 months overdue). I find it disingenuous that by his own admission he had something "well in excess of 400 orders at the time," was so far behind, yet was promising unrealistic delivery times to new orders.
    He said 12 to 16 weeks. We had talked about delays because I had just joined the forum and knew a little about them, but never realized just how bad they were.

I've also got a Presentation Grade Max-Con V on order from Gary, who's always treated me well. BUT, was shocked to find that Coal Creek Armory has the Service Grade in stock (at well over retail cost, but that's supply and demand). Figured I'd order one, then when mine comes in from Gary, I can probably sell it for around $500!

Last week Gary Brommeland cancelled my September, 2005 order with him after I inquired about it's status here. The order was for one MaxCon V and one S&W snubbie holster. Yesterday I received a check from him for the amount of $149.90. That seemed too little, so I looked up the prices on his website. $149.95 for the MaxCon V and $79.95 for the pocket holster. I sent him the following PM:

Gary,

I received a refund check for the amount of $149.95 in the mail today. I assume this is for the Max-Con V order you cancelled last week. Also outstanding from my original order (9-12-2005) is a pocket holster for a S&W Model 340PD, for which you charged $79.95. I assume this was an honest oversight?

Please advise your understanding and intention on this matter.

Thank you,
    Robb White

Gary offered the following reply:

Hi Robb,

You are correct. We made an error in the amount of $10.00 in the amount of your refund check.
    At the time you placed your order the prices were as follows: $79.95 for the MaxCon V and $69.95 for the pocket holster for a total of $149.90. These are the prices that we charged to your credit card. We failed to add $10 for shipping, so you are in fact correct - you owe us $10. Please remit it to:

Brommeland Gunleather
    PO Box 813
    Sneedville, TN 37869.

I assume this was an honest oversight?

Please advise your understanding and intention on this matter.

Thank you.

I spent some time considering the entire situation, from beginning to end, and replied with this PM:

Gary,

I had no idea your prices were different now. Being told by you in September, 2005, that the order would be filled in 4-6 weeks, I didn't write down the original prices, the order total, or even imagine a scenario where it would become an issue two and a half years later.

The "refund" check you sent was too light. I believe you understand this. You took my money on an unauthorized charge, held it for 2.5 years, put others in front of me for ALL of that time, promised $100, then later $200 worth of additional goods. I also have a hard time believing you didn't originally charge me for shipping, though as I said I didn't write down an itemized total at the time.

Clearly you and I are at an impasse, and have a different sense of obligation and business ethics. By reneging on my order, you conveniently pass on the obligation to produce a Max Con V for $79.95, rather than the current $149.90, and "absolve" yourself of the obligation to add in those two belts I asked for with the $200 you promised. How self-serving.

Based on the integrity you have demonstrated to me in this process, I don't think we will likely agree on a fair solution. I believe you have not held up to your end of the bargain, but to get this behind me and guarantee that I hold myself to the same standards I ask of others, I sent you a PO Money Order for $10 earlier today, on the chance that you really didn't charge me shipping with the original order.

RobbW

Not a very satisfying conclusion to my experience of waiting. Here are his two emails to me with the offer of goods:

This one is over one year old.
    I realize that you've waited forever, and I truly appreciate your patience. I give you my word that you'll have your order by month's end - possibly sooner. Furthermore, I am issuing you a credit toward future purchases as away of "making things right" with you. Please let me know if you need anything else, and the first $100 is on me. Thank you again.

Gary Brommeland

And the second message with a promise of greater remuneration:

This one is nearly a year old.
    My conscious is killing my over this - you have been a prince of a guy and very patient. But the delays, false starts and various other problems have all been more than I could have ever asked you to endure. I really believe in treating people right and in this case I have failed miserably.
    I am going to issue a credit in the amount of $200.00 good toward any future purchases - it is just my way to try and make things right. Thank you again.

Gary Brommeland

Gary's sure did change his tune in response to the product inquiry I sent him that I posted here. This was the most blunt email I ever sent him, and I was very open about it by posting it here. All of my other PMs were extremely polite, and I have PAGES of saved messages from Gary thanking me for that politeness and patience. I'm now beginning to understand that Gary was motivated to reneg on my order to get out of the $200 obligation and avoid producing a MaxCon V and pocket holster at the old price. That can be the only explanation for why my order, placed on the first day he opened shop, in never got filled. I've watched for years as others have reported receiving their orders, some with the EXACT SAME holster I ordered. Why would their later orders have come before mine?

Finally today, I stopped considering this from the view of Gary's excuses and tales of backlog woes, and for the first time put myself in his situation. Gary had been asking for pity from all of us, and for many different reasons. I was only too happy to oblige. The light suddenly went on in my head. I would have handled my customers and the truth very differently than he has. For too long I was too patient and understanding. I should have been up front long ago and cancelled my order when it became apparent I wasn't being treated fairly.
    multistage likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbW View Post
    The light suddenly went on in my head. I would have handled my customers and the truth very differently than he has. For too long I was too patient and understanding. I should have been up front long ago and cancelled my order when it became apparent I wasn't being treated fairly.
    This says it all...how most of us feel. Talk about knowingly taking advantage of another. This story absolutely disgusts me. Unfortunately, I know of others who have all too similar stories as RobbW. And the story goes on and on, just read today's update.
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

Received Max-con V for Glock27 yesterday along with an extra set of loops. Ordered 10/08/06. Yes, it was a long time coming, but I might add
    well worth the wait, it is a magnificent holster. Although not on time as originally quoted I was always kept advised of the delays by Remy, excepting the time when Gary was ill. I can only convey my experience with Gary and it has been fine.
    LIVE FREE OR DIE

Well congratulations then. I suppose this means those of us that ordered in 2007 will see results sometime around 2009? I suppose I have one of two choices...cancel and get my money back(yes he charged me up front) or "hurry up and wait" :

My order was placed in june 06. Why would older orders not be made first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Blodgett View Post
    Received Max-con V for Glock27 yesterday along with an extra set of loops. Ordered 10/08/06.
    I also wonder when, if ever, I'll get my order, placed 3 months before yours, Ray.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Mr. Brommeland

My left-handed holster was ordered and billed the same day in february of '07. I cancelled my order december 24 as a result of seeing this thread. On december 26 you stated that a refund check would be in the mail the same week. As of today-no check. I don"t expect an apology because I know none will be forthcoming. I just want my money back. Your prompt attention would be appreciated. Thxs.

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Links