Where's my holster?

This is a discussion on Where's my holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wonder if anyone here has knowledge of Mr. Brommeland being aware of this thread? I cannot imagine he is ignorant of these post. I ...

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Where's my holster?

I wonder if anyone here has knowledge of Mr. Brommeland being aware of this thread? I cannot imagine he is ignorant of these post. I suspect the "head in the sand " approach is a tactic he has taken these days. I do know this, as of this writing 4 major leather makers are viewing this thread.None of which are him........

2. Remove Ads

He knows! He's replied with his own thread, trying to make amends. I've dealt with Gary for years, and have faith now that he's back on track, he will make everything work out. Gary is a "take no stuff" kinda guy, and is abrupt. Hopefully when the backlog gets cleared, business can become normal.
    Tracy
    Last edited by Bumper; January 8th, 2008 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Language removed

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    I also wonder when, if ever, I'll get my order, placed 3 months before yours, Ray.
    Yep, me too. Order placed in July 2006. Still patiently waiting.

I am not so upset by the wait, would just like to know what's going on.

It seems that in July 2007, when Gary suggested the remaining orders should take (his best guess) 90 days or so, he was off. I think he mentioned having about 600 orders at that point, which took ~6 months. So the remaining 187 holsters should be done by the end of March +/-. I've waited this long, what's another three months!

Card Charge

Never allow the card to be charged until the ship date or delivered. This should be considered fraud unless a contract is signed with a promised delivery date. We, as the buyers of these PRODUCTS, need to boycott suppliers that treat us as some lowlife. I am shocked by some holster ARTISANS arrogance toward the customer.
    "Politicians and Bureaucrats, depend very much on the complicity of their victims, and like criminals, are flummoxed when we don't play the victim role."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by myusername View Post
    It seems there are a lot of problems with makers not delivering goods when promised. I would like to say that Tucker delivered the week they said they would and has always answered my e-mails quickly. They are my first choice when looking for leather.
    Tucker was a few weeks late for me, but I'd order from them again.......

Why not do this?

Refuse orders when delivery times reach an unnacceptable point. I know two makers that do/have done this and think it's a great idea.

Just out of curiosity, why don't these holster makers get reported to the better business bureau, or the the authorities? I have never had a holster problem, so I am on the outside looking in on this issue. If I were in this situation, I would have placed a call to the Better Business Bureau, or the local authorities fraud dept, or some other authorities that have jurisdiction. For those of you who have been waiting for months and who have received false promises, why haven't you contacted the authorities?
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Bulman leather

I ordered a holster in October by phone and CC number. The good, credit card has not been charged. The bad, 3 emails trying to confirm the order totally ignored. FRUSTRATION +
    "Politicians and Bureaucrats, depend very much on the complicity of their victims, and like criminals, are flummoxed when we don't play the victim role."

BBB

There is only one complaint filed on brommeland in the last 36 months, but it was resolved (it was a delivery issue) I never filed a report and once I found this forum (where Gary is respected and friends with many members)
    I Thought my situation would be resolved without having to resort to that.
    Hopefully I was correct.
    I am aware of the 160+ backorders and have spoken with Gary (as he is aware of my 18+ months waiting).
    Hopefully my order will find it's way to his bench soon.
    The BBB is not buying holsters we are.

Looks like a waste of time and money to order from Gary. Thanks for the posts.

open letter to Mr. Brommeland

Kudos to the adminstration that created this thread. This helped to "connect the dots" regarding a holster problem.

Mr. Brommeland:

As of today your scorecard still reads: 0 holster and 0 refund. To describe myself as disappointed is a vast understatement. I am tired of this Forrest Gump ride to nowhere regarding this holster! I WANT MY HARD-EARNED MONEY BACK. Honestly, I am beginning to think I have better chance of getting into heaven than getting my refund. This shows a complete lack of class and respect for your customers by not promptly refunding their money when requested.
    I judge people not by their best intentions but by their actions. A person can have the best intentions in the world and do absolutely nothing. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    Mr. Brommeland, a down-and-out pan handler on the street who was
    mildly observant and had a modicum of common sense could have avoided your problem by employing the K.I.S.S. method. Stop charging the customer's credit card the moment they hang up and suspend the order-taking when running a little behind. I found out by reading this thread you were more than a year behind when I ordered in early February'07. If I had known that I could have avoided a lot of headache and heartache.
    Mr. Brommeland what I want is this: a drop-dead, concrete deadline as to when MY HARD-EARNED MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED. I am fully aware you don't take correction well and rarely apologize. Tough. I also can be stubborn. Awaiting your reply............

P.S.-To all of Mr. Brommeland's support group buddies-please let your "man" speak up first before commenting. If you just can't wait send me a PM. Thank you.

"give me the good news-bad news is for peasants."
    Thurston Howell III
    Gilligans Island
    Last edited by Scott; January 13th, 2008 at 08:31 PM. Reason: rules workaround

Wow after reading this thread(i too am in the market for a holster)
    It seems like a gary bashing thread to me.
    This also seems to be deserved. I don't pretend to know anything about this mans mfg issues.But being in mfg myself for over
    20 years now,I Understand the trials and tribulations envolved in
    running your own buisness. The quality of his product seems to be
    impeccable.Really first class leathercrafting. That seems to be what i can gather from this. So here is the psych around this.People are left brained and right brain dominant .The right brain people are generally more creative and artistic.Left brain people are generally more analytical
    and "buisiness"like. Gary seems to be more of the right brain school.(prone to frustration also)
    There is nothing wrong with this.. but he probably should concentrate more on quality control and marketing and hire someone to concentrate on production and administrative details.
    But perhaps he can't delegate.(a trait of right brain folks)
    I for one would feel funny about giving someone money for a product I know i won't see in over a year. My money is spent long before my product is made.

Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    There is only one complaint filed on brommeland in the last 36 months, but it was resolved( it was a delv. issue) .I never filed a report and once I found this forum (where Gary is respected and friends with many members )I Thought my situation would be resolved without that. Hopefully I was correct. I am aware of the 160+ backorders and have spoken with Gary (as he is aware of my 18+ months waiting). Hopefully my order will find it's way to his bench sooon. The BBB is not buying holsters we are.
    I realize that the BBB isn't ordering holsters and that you are. That sentence makes no sense and has no bearing on my question though, of course the BBB isn't ordering holsters and you are. The BBB is there to help consumers resolve conflicts and complaints with manufactures and retailers.

My question is why a person willingly accepts promise after promise after promise of a delivery date for a product they order and never take the situation to the Better Business Bureau? Thats what the BBB was set up for. You are correct, there was only 1 complaint against Brommeland in the last 36 months, and yes it was a delivery complaint. Isn't that what all of you have, delivery complaints? As in, the product is paid for yet not delivered?

I am not knocking Mr. Brommeland, or any other holster maker in particular, my post isn't directed at him or his business in particular, but at businesses that continually accept money without supplying a product in general. I am simply asking the forum members here posting their problems, Why have you not gone to the authorities, or the BBB?

The complaint against Brommeland says it was resolved, which is more than I see from the people posting here. The BBB gets results, plain and simple, it works, thats obvious from the resolved complaint. If that person kept accepting moving deadlines, kept accepting refund promises and never filed their complaint, do you honestly think they would have gotten their situation resolved so quickly?

Good intentions are one thing, results are another. The bbb works, I have used it, so I am just asking why people haven't gone that route to get results, you can even file a complaint online. 18 months seems like an overly excessive wait for a product, even a custom made product. I am simply asking why people keep giving a business chance after chance to make good on a deal, without saying enough is enough and contacting an organization specifically created to address problems like this. Posting in a forum is a good way to vent and to share your troubles, but in the end, it doesn't really amount to much. The bbb can and does get results, and quickly.

So in summary, Why hasn't anyone gone that route after 18 months, 2 years, 4 deadlines, 3 promises of a refund, etc.... I see the term "Sheep" used quite a bit on these forums to describe people who don't take the responsibility of their own protection into their own hands, it is also used to describe people who blindly follow the rest of the flock and believe everything the media and government tells them. How is believing false promises of the businesses mentioned in this thread any different from the rest of the sheep in the world?
    Last edited by Jaystekan; January 13th, 2008 at 10:59 PM.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

I have been round and round with this in my head many times even in the last few days.
    I want my product I paid for and will try the BBB route.
    Worse case I get what I got = nothing

Jaystekan,

That is a good post and well worth consideration by the many that are still going though issues with all of this.

The problem until recently with the allotment of this thread was all of us were "muzzled" for a lack of a better term and couldn't express or investigate issues with their holster makers or others with issues getting product out.

As well you want to believe and support the craftsman you have chosen to make your holsters so you want to allow them time to recover from unforseen problems or what you think at the time are legit problems and you are being told the truth. We as a gun culture want to help one another out and think the best and do not want to believe what a maker is telling you is false information.

However, it is not hard to figure things out on your own over time through the forums and you are able to pick up pieces here and there and you find that putting those pieces together it doesn't add up. I said my peace on the first page of this thread and won't open another can here but I did figure it out and I at that time had no need to go to the BBB as I was given a refund without asking. Not sure the BBB wants to here that I waited 14-16 months for a holster but got a refund.

Bottom line to my point is, most that are of the gun culture do not want to believe they are being had and only want to think the best and support thus they do not seek out the BBB or anyone else to help in a situation they think is normal at the time. With reading comments all the time like "it's worth the wait" or "it takes a long time for quality, but it's worth it" or "just order something to get ya by and the hostler will be in the mail before you know it".

It's not that anyone in these situations are sheep at all, it's because we trust one another and take the advice given here and on other forums seriously. Also, these problems being heard here are of the minority not the majority of holster makers. Post's here are mainly talking about a select few that have had issues. Wait times in the custom holster business are known to be long and are generally accepted. Most makers make there dead lines or are very close to them within a few week's you just have to decide if you want to wait that long or not.

The only thing that many here can be accused of is buying all the excuses from the minority makers involved in this hook, line and sinker not of being sheep for not telling the BBB or for not going to the authorities whoever they may be. It's another matter when refunds are not being made, then that becomes stealing IMO. I haven't had that problem so it was never an issue for me.

I don't need the BBB to tell me to stay away, although, it is probably a good idea to have a trail for something like this but that is what this thread is for with the exception of not getting a refund when requested. That for sure is a BBB issue if not more depending on the amount and how long it has been. The thing is, the refunds are also a recent event and haven’t had enough time to become BBB issues I don’t think but I guess if people are pissed enough it doesn’t matter how long it’s been. Also, how many really would check the BBB before ordering a holster?

It always floors me that a business will take your money in 2.5 seconds but you can’t get your refund back that fast. More like 4-6 week’s if your lucky a lot of times which is unacceptable.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Links