Crossbreed Super-Tuck Deluxe Arrives - Short Review

This is a discussion on Crossbreed Super-Tuck Deluxe Arrives - Short Review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is somewhat off-topic, but since I started the thread, I doubt anybody will care much. I hope garn is still reading this thread when ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossbreed Super-Tuck Deluxe Arrives - Short Review

This is somewhat off-topic, but since I started the thread, I doubt anybody will care much.

I hope garn is still reading this thread when there's new posts, because I want to follow up on the problem with my RAMI that I mentioned above, and he seemed interested in it.

Anyhow, the only possible complaint that I can aim at CZ is that the repair took a bit longer than originally estimated. But when you guys hear what the resolution to my problem ended up being, I doubt you would hold that delay against them any more than I do.

Yesterday I got a call from Matt at CZ. I'm not positive of his position, but I believe he's one of (or maybe the only?) their gunsmiths that work on custom and repair jobs. He told me that my gun was among three that he had seen in recent weeks with the burr problem I describe in a post above. He went on to say that of those three, there was a pretty narrow spread in the serial numbers, leading him to believe that the problem is the result of out-of-tolerance machining in the manufacturing processes. He has written to CZ in the Czech Republic, but hasn't heard back from them yet, but in any case, he said, he wasn't planning on trying to repair these three weapons and instead, wanted to replace my gun with another one. I said that was no problem as long as he could determine before sending the new one that it functioned properly. He said that as far as he knew, the problem has only been seen on the polymer/duo-tone model and that, if I would rather, I could have the alloy framed model instead. Now, for those who don't know, the alloy frame runs anywhere from $40 to $75 more than the polymer frames, so right off the bat I knew that he was offering a darn good deal. Besides the added value over what I had actually purchased though, the fact is, I would've rather had the alloy model to begin with, but I couldn't pass up the GREAT deal I got from Tanner's Guns on GunBroker on the two polymer pieces. So cool, I'm getting a new gun that's worth more than what I originally bought, and is really what I would've rather had to begin with. It took me about one nanosecond to say that sounded just fine. As I was saying that though, he continued talking, saying, "Or you can have another gun if you'd rather. Maybe a 75 or a 75 Compact, whatever, we want to make you happy." I was dumbfounded!!! That just wasn't fair!!! Give me Carte Blanc and give me a chance to second-guess my original purchase!!! Decisions, decisions....

Well, it occurred to me that I had already bought the holster that I started this thread to tell y'all about, plus I've bought another leather belt holster for it in the interim, so I told him that and said the alloy model RAMI would more than make me happy, but made sure to give my most sincere thanks for giving me the option.

So I'm thinking, OK, my new gun should be here in a week or so, and I was excited about it. But then Matt asked me if I'd be around the house TOMORROW (today!!!) to sign for the overnight package!!! The damned thing showed up about 1:30 this afternoon, and I've already been to the range and shot 150 rounds through 'er without a single hiccup. But the "extra" good service isn't quite over yet.....When I opened up the complete package of the new RAMI (I had only sent the gun and one mag back per Matt's instructions, and still had the case, lock and the 14 rd mag here) there was a new 10 rd mag PLUS TWO MORE 14 rd mags!!!! And those things ain't cheap! They're like $40 bucks a pop most places, and he would've been perfectly justified in not even sending one of the 14 rounders anyway because I still had the one I originally purchased.

So to summarize, I paid a grand total of $740 for two RAMI's, which included shipping and the FFL transfer, which, at $350 ea. was the best deal I've ever seen before or since for those guns, and now I've got a gun that LISTS for $54 bucks more of the LIST price of $557 of the gun I originally bought, and got another $80 bucks worth of magazines to boot!

So this thread has been an absolute blast for me. I love my new Crossbreed holster. I have nothing but great things to say about the one polymer gun that is working fine, and can't say enough good things about CZ's (via Matt) off-the-scale GREAT customer service, and I ended up with the gun I wished I could've bought in the first place! Oh, and lest it go unnoticed, CZ paid shipping both ways!! It's not very often that I spend seven or eight hundred bucks, have part of that purchase break, have to use a foreign company's customer service department, and be happy as a pig in mud over the way it all turned out. I could get used to this real easy!!

Big-time kudos to CZ-USA and their staff!!

Blues
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    This is somewhat off-topic, but since I started the thread, I doubt anybody will care much.

I hope garn is still reading this thread when there's new posts, because I want to follow up on the problem with my RAMI that I mentioned above, and he seemed interested in it.

Anyhow, the only possible complaint that I can aim at CZ is that the repair took a bit longer than originally estimated. But when you guys hear what the resolution to my problem ended up being, I doubt you would hold that delay against them any more than I do.

Yesterday I got a call from Matt at CZ. I'm not positive of his position, but I believe he's one of (or maybe the only?) their gunsmiths that work on custom and repair jobs. He told me that my gun was among three that he had seen in recent weeks with the burr problem I describe in a post above. He went on to say that of those three, there was a pretty narrow spread in the serial numbers, leading him to believe that the problem is the result of out-of-tolerance machining in the manufacturing processes. He has written to CZ in the Czech Republic, but hasn't heard back from them yet, but in any case, he said, he wasn't planning on trying to repair these three weapons and instead, wanted to replace my gun with another one. I said that was no problem as long as he could determine before sending the new one that it functioned properly. He said that as far as he knew, the problem has only been seen on the polymer/duo-tone model and that, if I would rather, I could have the alloy framed model instead. Now, for those who don't know, the alloy frame runs anywhere from $40 to $75 more than the polymer frames, so right off the bat I knew that he was offering a darn good deal. Besides the added value over what I had actually purchased though, the fact is, I would've rather had the alloy model to begin with, but I couldn't pass up the GREAT deal I got from Tanner's Guns on GunBroker on the two polymer pieces. So cool, I'm getting a new gun that's worth more than what I originally bought, and is really what I would've rather had to begin with. It took me about one nanosecond to say that sounded just fine. As I was saying that though, he continued talking, saying, "Or you can have another gun if you'd rather. Maybe a 75 or a 75 Compact, whatever, we want to make you happy." I was dumbfounded!!! That just wasn't fair!!! Give me Carte Blanc and give me a chance to second-guess my original purchase!!! Decisions, decisions....

Well, it occurred to me that I had already bought the holster that I started this thread to tell y'all about, plus I've bought another leather belt holster for it in the interim, so I told him that and said the alloy model RAMI would more than make me happy, but made sure to give my most sincere thanks for giving me the option.

So I'm thinking, OK, my new gun should be here in a week or so, and I was excited about it. But then Matt asked me if I'd be around the house TOMORROW (today!!!) to sign for the overnight package!!! The damned thing showed up about 1:30 this afternoon, and I've already been to the range and shot 150 rounds through 'er without a single hiccup. But the "extra" good service isn't quite over yet.....When I opened up the complete package of the new RAMI (I had only sent the gun and one mag back per Matt's instructions, and still had the case, lock and the 14 rd mag here) there was a new 10 rd mag PLUS TWO MORE 14 rd mags!!!! And those things ain't cheap! They're like $40 bucks a pop most places, and he would've been perfectly justified in not even sending one of the 14 rounders anyway because I still had the one I originally purchased.

So to summarize, I paid a grand total of $740 for two RAMI's, which included shipping and the FFL transfer, which, at $350 ea. was the best deal I've ever seen before or since for those guns, and now I've got a gun that LISTS for $54 bucks more of the LIST price of $557 of the gun I originally bought, and got another $80 bucks worth of magazines to boot!

So this thread has been an absolute blast for me. I love my new Crossbreed holster. I have nothing but great things to say about the one polymer gun that is working fine, and can't say enough good things about CZ's (via Matt) off-the-scale GREAT customer service, and I ended up with the gun I wished I could've bought in the first place! Oh, and lest it go unnoticed, CZ paid shipping both ways!! It's not very often that I spend seven or eight hundred bucks, have part of that purchase break, have to use a foreign company's customer service department, and be happy as a pig in mud over the way it all turned out. I could get used to this real easy!!

Big-time kudos to CZ-USA and their staff!!

Blues
    My goodness! Thats about as good as customer service can get, they surely aim to please their customers. With this kind of service, and if they keep churning out great guns, they are bound to get noticed!

Do you happen to know what serial range affected guns might be in?

Took mine out to shoot the other weekend, had some FTF problems, but it was because of the fact that i had 3 didn't kinds of ammo loaded (Remington UMC 124 JHP, Winchester WB 124 JHP, and Corbon 124 JHP +P) all intermixed in the mags. It didn't like that so much. As soon as I kept all of the different kinds of ammo consistant in a mag, it was flawless.

That must be a torture test for a gun, I should try that in my FNP and see what results I get!
    Obama didn't get elected to warranty your muffler. He's here to warranty your life.

Hey garn,

No, I don't know the range of numbers. I'd go ahead and post the serial of the one that broke, but I'm not sure that would tell you anything if their numbering system is anything other than straight sequential, which I'm betting it is different.

Matt said that the out-of-tolerance machining threw the timing of the "cam" out of sync. If that's the case, then the fault would show up immediately within just the first 20 - 50 rounds. If you're concerned about a gun you have, I can post a couple of pics that I took of the problem so you can thoroughly inspect that area to see if it's happening to that gun. If it eases your mind at all though, the guy I bought the two guns from on GunBroker said he had 40 of 'em left when I first inquired about 'em, and that was a good two weeks after I first saw them for sale by him. I know they've sold a ton of 'em, all brand new, under-warranty guns, and if Matt's only seen three of 'em total, I'd say that's a pretty good sign that there aren't many in the pipeline.

Blues
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington

When you wear your Super-tuck do you wear a Tee between the holster and your skin? The reason I am asking is I do not. I wear it just with a tee over it. (I am in Fl and it is to hot for tee & a shirt) I have been getting a rash where the holster touches my skin. None of my other holsters brother me.
    My Indian Name
    Runs with Beer

I do wear a T or, for now anyway, a long-sleeved undershirt of some sort. Not sure what I'll do when summer rolls around. I'm sure I will at least try goin' ummm....bare-back, but if it isn't comfortable, I'll just find the lightest wife-beaters I can find and wear that between the holster and my skin.

Every winter I get rashes around my waist. I think it's a combination of a slight allergy to laundry soaps and the fact that I'm layered up with no air getting in, and no sweat to dilute the soap residue. Heck, I don't know though, it's just a guess, but it's been happening every winter for 8 or 10 years now. I imagine with the holster though, that it would be related to the kind of dyes or chemical treatments used on the leather.

Blues

I really like the holster I would hate the thought of useing it only when it is cool out. And that is not very often here in Florida.
    My Indian Name
    Runs with Beer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links