Crossbreed Super-Tuck Deluxe Arrives - Short Review

This is a discussion on Crossbreed Super-Tuck Deluxe Arrives - Short Review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, first of all, let me express my surprise and excitement at getting this package just 10 days after I ordered it, and on Christmas ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossbreed Super-Tuck Deluxe Arrives - Short Review

Crossbreed Super-Tuck Deluxe Arrives - Short Review

Well, first of all, let me express my surprise and excitement at getting this package just 10 days after I ordered it, and on Christmas Eve to boot! Mark said it would be right about 2 weeks, and he beat his own estimate by 4 days and avoided any delay because of the holiday. That is impressive to me. All the other custom holsters I checked out had minimum waits of 10 weeks, most a lot more, though I do recognize that kydex can be worked much faster than an all-leather holster. Still, I had no expectation of seeing my new holster until after Christmas, so I'm a stoked and happy camper right about now. Thanks Mark!

I literally just got it and had enough time to try it with a few different adjustments of the clips and in a couple of different locations, all somewhere in the neighborhood of 4:00 - 5:00. The holster fits my also-new CZ RAMI P, and this is the first real holster I've bought for it. (I have a couple of real cheap ((and almost useless)) IWB nylon holsters). The holster comes with instructions on a real easy way to increase/decrease retention, and I think I probably will make it a little more snug, but it fits very well and is molded to perfectly match the RAMI's shape and indentations.

I obviously can't give much of a complete review now, having only received it a couple of hours ago, but my first impressions of the holster are very positive, and my impression of Mark and Crossbreed's customer service is off the scale! I will expound on a real review in the coming days/weeks as I have occasion to use it, which, during the week, is typically 10 hrs or so per day. I will also try to get some pics and post 'em, but I've already had my wife look knowing that I was wearing it, and she couldn't see where the weapon was at all. That was with my shirt untucked, which will be how I will wear it until I get a better belt that I can have the Velcro clips sewn onto, and if it's as invisible as I think it will be, I will probably tuck my shirt in at that point. We'll see, but whatever, Mark gets two thumbs up so far!

Blues
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington

2. Remove Ads

I think you'll really like it. I like mine so well for my HK USP compact I have a second Supertuck on the way for my CZ P-01.

I'm very satisfied.

I have a supertuck for my FNP, and I love it!

Very comfortable, and conceals much better than my Bladetech.

How do you like your RAMI P? I just picked one up a couple weeks ago, only put 100 rounds through so far, but what a shooter! Pretty accurate for its size, and shoots very well!
    Obama didn't get elected to warranty your muffler. He's here to warranty your life.

Hey garn,

I have to give the RAMI somewhat of a mixed review. See, I bought two of 'em, one for me and one for my wife. We disassembled them the first night we got them and I noticed that one was a little easier to break down than the other, so I let my wife have that one since she has a hard enough time field stripping anyway. The next day we went to the range and fired about 150 rds. through each gun. Hers performed flawlessly. Mine, however, had several stovepipes and FTF's. I wasn't real worried about it until I got home and started to break it down for cleaning. I tried to cycle the slide to make sure it was unloaded, but something was blocking it, something pretty stout. I could only move the slide to the rear about 1/8" - 1/4", which was enough to get the take-down pin out, so I tore it down and started looking for the problem. Well, the problem is that the top of the rectangular-shaped part of the barrel was fouling against the bottom part of the cutout of the slide at the ejection port, and this caused a significant burr to rise on the top of the barrel. I guess the recoil from shooting it was powerful enough to "jump" the burr and allow the slide to cycle semi-efficiently, but the burr is most likely what was causing the FTF's and stovepipes (I hope anyway).

Of course, the first thing the following Monday I did was call CZ and got one of their gunsmiths on the line. They didn't hesitate to tell me to send it in, and sent me a pre-paid shipping label for it. The guy said it should be back within 2 -3 weeks, which ain't all that bad, and they pay shipping both ways. I was a little disappointed being as it was a brand new gun, but stuff happens. The fix is really nothing. I could've done it myself with my diamond needle files. Might've taken an hour or so, but I didn't want to void the warranty, so I went ahead and sent it in.

Other than that, while it was shootin', I was lovin' it, and my wife really likes hers. First time I've seen her get excited about shooting for several years. As long as mine comes back in good working order, I won't hold the defect against CZ. I've been an iron worker, a silversmith, a sign-hanger and have fabricated my own parts for some of the scooters I've built, so I know metal and machinery pretty good, and know that if it's mechanical, it's gonna break down sooner or later. No biggie, it's just the wait that's a little irritating. But if asked, I would still recommend the RAMI. They're great little guns.

Blues
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington

Hey,

It's unfortunate that that happened, but I AM impressed with the quick quoted turn around time and the fact that they sent you a prepaid shipping label!!

Pretty good support if you ask me!
    Obama didn't get elected to warranty your muffler. He's here to warranty your life.

Yeah, I have no complaints with their customer service. I actually did quite a bit of research about their (and others') customer service, and didn't find one single report of CZ holding someone up for a bunch of weeks, whereas, it was fairly common to find that with some, and with one manufacturer, the minimum turnaround was 5 weeks, many were complaining of 10 - 16 week waits, and the customer paid shipping both ways! I ran away from that company like my hair was on fire!

Anyhow, CZ is cool by me.

Blues

changed opinion

In the weeks since I said I really liked the SuperTuck, I regretfully have to say that opinion has changed. It prints too much on me, I'm too small to wear it so it will conceal my handgun well enough. So, it's up for sale.

Did you try changing the cant and position on your waist? I love mine, it makes a full size 1911 dissapear.

no he just sold it to me, lol edward what size are you-- me 6'3 235 hope it fits me better
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Ron
    Here is more kudos to Mark at Crossbreed. I have an older Supertuck which I found to be very comfortable to wear. But I took a tactical training class last weekend and found to my distress that I could not get a combat grip on my gun because of the leather backing of the holster. In addition, I recently replaced my factory front sight with a fiber optic sight, following which the gun would snag on the draw,

I e-mailed mark about these issues the other morning and by that evening I had a response. Mark wrote that I should send him the holster and he would fix both problems for $10, and get the holster back to me in two days,

Now IMO that is unbelievable service. How nice to find a company that is really into trying to satisfy their customers.

Ron
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

I have a second one for the CZ P-01. As yes, I was able to adjust the cant, and it works splendidly now. Second one is no longer for sale.

Well, I'm 6'-6" and 260, so I guess it won't surprise anyone that my RAMI completely disappears under even the flimsiest of T-shirts. I've worn mine every day since I first posted about it and, after a very short break-in period, hardly even notice it's there anymore. I don't tuck, but really, I think it's a more positive grasp of the cover shirt untucked than if it were tucked anyway. I haven't experimented with placement much. Between 2:30 and I guess about 4:00, settling pretty much right in the middle as my normal carry position. I still might try a quasi-appendix position at about 11:00, but just haven't felt the need to adapt to it for the time being as I'm very comfortable with my current placement.

I'm seriously considering buying another one for my S&W 4563TSW. Before buying this one, I never would've thought that I could tolerate such a large and relatively heavy gun IWB, but I've worn this one for as much as a 12-hour work day without so much as a minor pinch or dig-in-the-ribs, so maybe it will work with the bigger gun. I would much rather carry the .45 than the 9mm if I can take it, though I doubt that the .45 will conceal as good as the RAMI. It has a much wider and longer grip which I'm sure will print at least a little worse, but who knows? I am amazed at how well the RAMI conceals in this holster, so maybe I'll be surprised with the Smith in one too. We'll see.

Anyway, bottom line, I LOVE this holster! So far, it has been everything it's advertised to be and suited my purposes perfectly. I can't say that about much that I buy these days, so there ya go.

Blues

I ordered a Supertuck last week for my XD45 service and even though I've not gotten it yet (which I expected, Mark was upfront about the 2-3 week lead time), Mark was really great on the phone. He was patient with my ignorant questions and very informative. Thumbs up to Mark and Crossbreed's customer service!

I ordered a supertuck early JAN. Should be showing up soon. Ill let you know what I think.

Just got my Crossbreed from Mark and all that I can say is......

This is a GREAT holster for the money and the two week turnaround.
    I will be buying more for my other guns!

Thanks again,
    Casey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links