AJK Concealco LLC & SP101 Review (PICTURE INTENSIVE)

This is a discussion on AJK Concealco LLC & SP101 Review (PICTURE INTENSIVE) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After reading other post here regarding the AKJ holster, reviewing comments and pictures I ordered one up (December 7th). Well, on Christmas Eve (December 24th) ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AJK Concealco LLC & SP101 Review (PICTURE INTENSIVE)

AJK Concealco LLC & SP101 Review (PICTURE INTENSIVE)

After reading other post here regarding the AKJ holster, reviewing comments and pictures I ordered one up (December 7th). Well, on Christmas Eve (December 24th) the postman knocked and I have been wearing it pretty much since. Here are the results.

The holster came as ordered:
    Black, 1.25" loops and in the SP101 2.25' barrel configuration. The holster was packed in a Priority mail box in a plastic bag that included a card describing how to break in and some warranty / holster information... There was also an invoice inside for the $58 plus shipping signed "Thanks You! AJ"

So far so good.

After getting the rest of the family settled down for the flight of reindeer, sugar plums and the like, I made way to my gun room and tried the new leather out.

GUN FIT
    I have to say the pistol fits the holster very well. The design of the mouth is such that holstering is really nice. No other way to say it, it is just plain nice.
    Body Side

Belt Side

Leather Work:
    Before I comment here I have to make mention of my other holsters. I have a variety of Milt Sparks, KD, Alessi, etc. So in comparing I am comparing this ready made holster to all custom leather... HIGH DOLLAR/HIGH QUALITY leather. So in comparision the makings are pretty good. Leather quality is not as clean or finely finished as the other makers, but it was quicker on the delivery and half the price. The stitching is top notch, the loops are clean cut and appear to be well formed. The boning is not as detailed as I find on the higher end holsters, but it holds the gun snug and the fit is near perfect. The holster is also adjustable cant by moving the rear loop. So far I have left it as received... No issues.

On the Belt:
    First thing I noticed is that the 1.25" loops are just that...nothing to spare. On all my other holsters they are a bit oversized. I think this fit is better. I had to work it around the belt a bit. I found that it carries well any where from 2:30 to about 4:00. I chose to keep it closer to 3:30 as that is my norm on the IWBs I have. First thing you will notice on this holster is the front loop is just plain wierd. It doesn't follow standard protocol for holster. Look at the picture below and you will see that this is in fact well thought out... (by the way, that is a horse hide 1.25" Beltman in Black....Super sweet belt)

The front attachment point is a single rivet. My only concern with the holster lies here. I wonder how this will hold up over time... per others post on line, it will last just fine. Time will tell...

You can also notice by the pictures that the pistol is in very tight to the body. This loop arrangement is by far one of the better I have tried regarding holding the butt in tight. Even with the slightly larger Hogue Grips, I do not have a printing problem.

Here is a shot from the top down to let you see how it rides next to the body... Again take note of the front loop and how it fits with the belt. Another note here, you will see my horsehide belt is overly stiff, I think a lighter belt would actually form nicer to the gun and maybe even be a better fit... someone else will have to comment on this, unless I happen upon a light duty belt in the near future.

Overall impressions:
    I am impressed with this rig. I was cautious regarding an IWB for a revolver as the bulge of the cyllinder was a concern, however this holster fits well and is super comfy The pistol fits the holster well and overall leathercraft is good. The timing on the order was less than a month, CAN NOT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT THAT... The holster is flared at the mouth such that reholster is easy, and it is stiff enough not to collapse. The gun is held in super tight to the body and printing is a NON ISSUE... Overall I would give this holster a thumbs up for comfort, fit, and general usability. If you need a decent IWB this one is worth a try...

Good Luck and Good Shooting...

Per request, here is the website... www.greatholsters.com
    Last edited by Prvt. Toter; December 27th, 2007 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Tried to edit title, can not. See Jarheads comment, should be AKJ Concealco not AJK.. My typo...
    If your not packin' your slackin'

Its better to have and not need than to need and not have, keep it safe but keep it loaded!

USN : Desert Storm

2. Remove Ads

Very nice. I have always wondered how one of those holsters would fit/wear.
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Great write up & pics. Love mine, too.
    Go Glock - until you can afford H&K

VIP Member
    Excellent review and very nice holster.

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    I have had one for a Colt Cobra for approx four years now and it still looks like new. I was also worried about the front strap but as noted it's one of the best I have used especially for a wheelgun. It ain't pretty but it sure is functional and thats what I wanted!

now that is a cool looking rig. WOW!

I have the same holster for my 3" SP101. I can second all the good things you've reported. Together they make an excellent combination, and dealing with Andrew was a pleasure.

Pretty much the way I felt about mine. Glad you like it.-Scott.
    Glock 26, Walther P5-C, PPS 9mm, PPK and PPK/S .380, Sig 239 .40, 220 .45, Colt Night Defender, Combat Commander, Pony Pocketlite, S&W model 649, and model 19 .357

Excellent review!! I have 3 on these fine holsters as well. My favorite is for my 442 J-frame!

Great review and pictures. Very thorough. I will have to take a second look at AJK leather. Thanks!

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Looks sweet!

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Not to be a stick, but want to make sure credit goes where it's due. You are talking about AKJ Concealco??? Rupert, ID???

You put AJK. Just wanna double check.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead79 View Post
    Not to be a stick, but want to make sure credit goes where it's due. You are talking about AKJ Concealco??? Rupert, ID???

You put AJK. Just wanna double check.
    Yah, that's what he means. Probably would be good to leave a link to the mfg. web site: http://www.concealco.com

-john

Good Catch Jarhead, surprised it made it so far with out being caught. My typo. I tried to go back and edit, but I do not think I can change the title of the thread once it is started...

Here is the link from the paperwork that came with the holster. www.greatholsters.com
    I also added this to the original post to clarify... it is an AKJ Concealco holster.
    Last edited by Prvt. Toter; December 27th, 2007 at 05:12 PM.
    If your not packin' your slackin'

Its better to have and not need than to need and not have, keep it safe but keep it loaded!

USN : Desert Storm

I have three Concealco holsters. One which holds my J-Frame, another for my Kimber 4", and a thumb break model for my S&W 4013. All of them have been top notch performers.

For information on getting your CCW License in California please visit CalCCW.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links